Getting Toned But Not Losing Pounds!

Iíve been busting my butt for the past 2 months going to the gym practically everyday. I have met with a trainer and she showed me some good toning exercises to do and showed me what my target heart rate should be at when using the cardio machines. I am starting to see results in my arms/abs but I canít seem to lose any weight. Before I started really getting serious about working out, I went to the gym at least 3 times per week but would just do cardio and lift some weights, but I weighed 10 lbs less then I do now. I know that muscle weighs more then fat but I DONT CARE! I want to be toned and at least back down to my original weight. Any suggestions?!?

My diet is:

Protein Shake
    AM: 2 eggs with dry wheat toast
    Snack: Low fat granola bar
    Lunch: Salad
    PM: Fish or Chicken, Vegetable or Salad

I drink lots of water and 1-2 diet sodas per day. I am also drinking 1-2 protein shakes and taking Tonalin CLA pills with ever meal (started 2 wks ago).

Christine

2. Google

Me Too!!!!

I am having the same problem too. I started my journey in March and I have lost 20lbs. Now I am just stuck at this 20lbs lost and I have not budged. I am strength training with my cardio also. I do cardio 3 times a week and strength training 2 times a week. I also am on a 1600 calorie plan. I am not really dieting..I just have been making healthier food choices and portion control. Do you think we are on this plateau because we are toning? When will we start losing again?

Hopefully someone out there will know!

Hopefully someone out there will know! Because I dont know what else I can do! Will keep working at it!

When was the last time either of you changed your workout routine? the body becomes more efficient at exercise and it doesn't take as much effort. Try changing the workouts and see if that helps, interval training with cardio is a big calorie burner

yup yup yup

when all else fails change it up

even diet, shock your body every once in awhile.

maybe the reason you aren't losing weight is because you are losing fat, but gaining muscle at the same time. Don't depend on the scale all the time, look to see if you have made progress by measuring yourself

I had hit a plateau also..and then I have really changed up my work out routine and also raised my protein and lowered my carbs for the day..just enough and now I am dropping again.. a healthy 2 lbs a week. I also recommend doing measurements as I found that I had lost an amazing 12 inches off my body since january!

I have heard this, and you can take it or leave it, whatever you think is best..but I have heard, that if you hit a plateu, you should up your caloires for a day or two. That tricks your body into thinking your going to keep giving it more caloires so it will work harder, then when you go back to your normal calories, you'll burn alot fast.

Ive heard that too newB... I have also heard you can drop them lower than normal after doing that..ive done that recently and it seemed to work