When you eat something fattening does it show up on the scale asap?

Hi was wondering if when you eat something really bad and then
    20 minutes later go weigh yourself will it show up on the scale or does it take time.

Also when you exersise then go weigh yourself can you see the results straight away?

How many calories equal a kilogram?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

2. Google
    Quote Originally Posted by gogetter22 View Post
    Hi was wondering if when you eat something really bad and then
    20 minutes later go weigh yourself will it show up on the scale or does it take time.
    Food weighs something right? Well, it doesn't weigh any less after you put it in your mouth. That is why it is bets to weigh first thing in the AM.

And it isn't about "fattening" food. ALL food weighs something. Certain foods don't make you fat. Calories do.

Also when you exersise then go weigh yourself can you see the results straight away?
    Stop stepping on the scale so much. Weight can fluctuate 5+ lbs throughout the day, depending on the person.

How many calories equal a kilogram?

I would recommend reading the Hacker's Diet at The Hacker's Diet. Read the chapter called Signal and Noise, especially the Dexter's Diet portion.

Basically, the chapter is about how the scale fools us because it weighs all the food and water in our bodies and can wildly fluctuate. Just because you sweat out some water doesn't mean the .2 lb drop on the scale is accurate. Same thing if you eat a pound of veggies that the same pound will be on your thighs in 20 minutes. Then the chapter talks about how to use charts to make the daily fluctuations go away so you don't freak out every time you step on the scale.

About 3500 calories will add up to a pound......so unless you ate that many excess calories at once it will take awhile to accumulate.

Quote Originally Posted by akpls View Post
    About 3500 calories will add up to a pound......so unless you ate that many excess calories at once it will take awhile to accumulate.
    Umm, there will certainly be acute effects on the scale after the consumption of food.

The food weighs something before it goes into your mouth, right? That doesn't change after it's in your system.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    Umm, there will certainly be acute effects on the scale after the consumption of food.

The food weighs something before it goes into your mouth, right? That doesn't change after it's in your system.
    Of course it weighs something .........but I was assuming gogetter22 was talking about it showing up as a permanent weight gain..........as in putting on fat.

You should try judging your weight over your appearance instead of stepping on the scales so much.
    Weighing myself so many times in a day just drove me nuts. I gained a gram after tea and I'd be doing sit-ups to get rid of it.

It doesn't exactly work like that, because you burn calories also while you sleep! Not many, but every bit counts. Which is why it IS best to weigh in the morining when you're empty.

If you look in the mirror and feel that you're having a 'fat' day, like I do alot.. Do some sit-ups, hit the gym, go for a walk! Just something that'll make you feel better afterwards.