Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hip Hop Abs...does it really work?!

I've been watching the ads on tv about "Hip Hop Abs" on t.v. and I was wondering if anyone has tried it or think it will really work. I am a stay at home mom, so I don't go to the gym that often, but I would love something to do that is really fun when my son takes naps! So...does it work? Will it really help me lose the belly fat, or is it a joke?

2. Google
    If it gets u moving and you eat right u will lose weight.

Pam- Well I can't speak from experience, but my mother has tried it and LOVES it. She is over 50 (and obviously very energetic) she has always been on the smaller side. But she swears that she saw a difference in just a week in her abs. She can't afford to get a gym membership so anything she does is at home. Hope that helps you make a decision!

IMO any of those aerobic dvds work.. whatever gets you moving and getting you in that target zone.. whatever you find to be fun and you wont get bored of is the bigger challenge..

Lucy..question for you....

Lucy,

I know you have not used it but do you know if it is easy to follow? I love hip hop but other tapes I have gotten I can not follow along and give up. You stated your mom is in her 50's so it seems doable. but I am not in terrific shape...

Debbie

Hey
    I just tried this and I do feel it working in my stomach. But also my lower back, from all that tilting the hips forward. I feel my muscles in my lower back got the same workout. Am I doing it wrong or is this common???

Anything works as long as nutrition is in check and you are doing something above and beyond what your body is used to.

Anything.

i have hip hop abs and i really like the videos...i was uncoordinated at first but i think i'm getting better! the one video is 24 minutes in length so it goes pretty fast and it's a good workout

Red face

hey i just started hip hop abs, this is my third day. After the first day, i was so sore on my arms, and shoulders. I didnt feel anything in my mid section though. Shawn T talks a lot in his vids haha, pretty funny guy, he keeps me going so i like it. I didnt realize sweats were coming until i finished the routine.

but the vids are expensive and pretty short, abt 30mins each or so, i think the moves are pretty basic, i felt it was easy to follow, i also been dancing since i was little. i bought them from amazon, im following the routines in the 30days workout calendar. Lots of ppl said that they see results in 6 days, but i just hope it will toned out my tummy, so when i sit down i wont feel self-conscious.

so anyways good luck!

I just recived mine today in the mail I did the first one in it and I lost a pound already!!!
    I cant wait to do it again but the coordination in it is hard to get down

Quote Originally Posted by phix95 View Post
    Hey
    I just tried this and I do feel it working in my stomach. But also my lower back, from all that tilting the hips forward. I feel my muscles in my lower back got the same workout. Am I doing it wrong or is this common???
    No, sounds like the video is strengthening your core

I have Hip Hop Abs & Rockin Body By Shun T. I also have Turbo Jam Beachbody Videos are Great!

They are Fun cardio workouts ,They make you Sweat, And make you sore. Therefore it will make you lose weight. I Sweat the most doing turbo jam, and it awakens muscles that you don't feel working doing Hip Hop Abs. But I love them both!

It's always good to find something you have fun working out to it makes you want to do it more and more. Weight loss should be enjoyable not a Drag!

Have fun losing weight!

OMG, I am addicted to infomercials and I want to try that so badly. But I agree with these ladies. Anything that gets you moving is GREAT and going to help you lose weight. Try it out. If it doesn't work resell it on ebay. LOL.

If it just encourages you to be active, then yes, it works.

With the proper nutrition of course.

Other than that, I doubt there is any "special" move that can "magically" make you lose weight.

get active + eat healthy = a better you

Smile Pretty Much

From what ive experienced it works ive had it for about 3 days now and when you do it you really feel it and i think i already lost some weight looking at the scale so i reccomend this workou package its really fun and you even get to learn some cool dance moves it rocks!

xox luv Julie!
    XD