Exclamation Do you put on weight just before your period?

Firstly, hello everyone, I'm new to this site

I was just wondering if its common to put on weight just before your period? In the last 2 weeks I've gained 8lbs! Okay so it was my Dads birthday and a fair amount of chocolate cake was eaten, but surely that wouldnt make me gain over half a stone? My period is due within the next few days and I was wondering if that was the cause.

Looking forward to getting help to getting those stubborn few lbs off!

Love Becca xxx

2. Google
    I am due to get mine on Saturday, this morning the scale was up 5lbs exactly since my weigh-in Friday. I know it's not "fat" but it still pisses me off

no i dont...

but im a guy.. lol

I usually put on 6 pounds of water weight around that time. I also heard that due to hormone fluctuations that your working out and dieting during your menses is not quite as effective.

Everyone's body is different....

Yes.......

Oh yeah!!! I have proof that I retain alot of water because I usually try to consume 8 glasses of water a day and have to pee like at least 10 times throughout the day but now that I am at that time of the month I'm retaining all the water and I feel soooooo big! It makes me want to give up and just stuff my face. My weight fluctuates at least 5lbs

OH MY GOD - YESSSS! I gain between 5-6 pounds each cycle and then it fades away at the end.

I hate it because mentally it makes you freak out and think - oh my Lord - I am gaining the weight back! UGH

Curse EVE and her stupid apple!!

Wishes,
    Vanessa

I gain about 20 lbs

(i'm sorry, i had to join the band wagon of guys)

But to be honest, your body does retain a lot of water. Has you ovulate, you will lose a lot of that. Its temprory weight, it doesn't stay on.

edit: Kind of off topic, but one time, when I was talking to a female friends of mine, asking her why girls get so moody when PMS comes, she tells me "well, how would you feel when you shit out a gallon of blood". That quote has forever become fused in my head and now I will never question PMS again.
    Last edited by DeepGreen; July 11th, 2007 at 08:12 AM.

Shitting out a gallon of blood...

Yeah, I do....
    I post about how angry I get cause it happens in my journal....
    But yeah....it's normal to gain a bit when your period rolls around...cause you are retaining all the water...and plus your body is collecting all the blood to get rid of to clean your system....
    so don't worry too much....it's only a few days of each month...you only have to worry if it's past your period time and the weight is still there....^_^

I sure do! I gain from retaining water/bloating, and also because I go a little haywire with eating during that time.

I not only gain weight right before my period I also gain weight right around my ovulation. so about 5 days I am bloated after I ovulated then it goes away and my scale is happy and about 3-4 days later period bloating starts!! It really does suck!!. It can throw off my weekly weight measurements crazily. And even when I know it is just water weight it does get me down and put a big hole in my motivation. Maybe that is why it took me so long to lose the weight I lost.
    Hajni

Just recently I started to gain 3-5lbs before my period and it comes off around the last day. In the beginning of dieting it never changed but I guess after my body adjusted it started.