Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Running With Garbage Bag

Pardon my ignorance. Will you lose weight faster, if you workout with a plastic bag wrapped around your stomach, chest. I just make holes in it and it fits kinda like a muscle shirt.

I sweat a lot more with it on. But will it help lose more weight or something?

2. Google
    You will lose more water weight, sweat more, be way hotter (not in a good way) and get dehydrated faster......losing more fat - nope don't think so.

Griff

I agree with Griff.. How about wearing a sweater and sweat pants? You want to break a sweat but not overdue it.

and ooo my god this brings me back to my teenage years!! I was about 14 or 15 and my OWN MOTHER told me about wrapping myself in plastic if i wanted to shed a few extra pounds..So i took and wrapped each leg in a garbage bag, my whole body up to my neck! The next morning, I passed out..(I did this in the summer, and no we had no airconditioning.Just had the plain fans in the windows)

OMG I just had to open this post it has the most interesting title I have ever seen
    I have never heard of this meathod-I know I run with a t-shirt and leggings and i am ready to pass out if the temp.is above 75 so I totally wouldnt advise you to run with a garbage bag on-I hope you did it on a tredmill that would be quite the outfit if you run outdoors-LOL

Quote Originally Posted by crazy4beadz View Post
    and ooo my god this brings me back to my teenage years!! I was about 14 or 15 and my OWN MOTHER told me about wrapping myself in plastic if i wanted to shed a few extra pounds..So i took and wrapped each leg in a garbage bag, my whole body up to my neck! The next morning, I passed out..(I did this in the summer, and no we had no airconditioning.Just had the plain fans in the windows)
    I'm not sure if they are still available -but they used to sell Sauna Suits where you basically had a gym suit made out of non breathable plastic and you'd sweat sweat and sweat some more... I think it was an infomercial of a sort as an easy way to work out and lose weight

I see a guy in the park occassionally running with one fo those plastic shirts on and I just want to give him a bottle of water

They do still sell them... I have recently seen them at Wal-Mart

Assuming you're serious, of which I am questioning right now, I can't imagine that this could do anything but bad things. It's friggin July. You should be able to get hot and sweat to the point of it being highly dangerous, without any outside help. Real good way to have a heat stroke.

This is VERY dangerous and NASTY!! LOL..... they can cause dehydration, and some other things.... this sauna suits are banned from gyms, and they are almost completely out of the market... you can still find them on champs sports i think but i would NOT recommend using this suits, i used to use them and i almost pased out and no sig diff in the weight loss... i do recommend a cream called abolene, it helps you sweat without having to dehydrate yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by BiggiePR View Post
    ...i do recommend a cream called abolene, it helps you sweat without having to dehydrate yourself...
    Huh?????????

Its a cream that women use to clean up makeup, ut it is common knowledge at least here that you can use it to help you sweat more.... it works, i use it.... well anyways.. the sauna suits are bad.. lol!!

I remember those commercials -
    Abolene Cream Commercial

Maybe i'm being unbelievably dense but why would you want to sweat more unless you're working harder...

Quote Originally Posted by maleficent View Post
    I remember those commercials -
    Abolene Cream Commercial

Maybe i'm being unbelievably dense but why would you want to sweat more unless you're working harder...
    Well.. at least i like to sweat a lot, i workout HARD anyways... maybe it is mental.. but it helps me..... whatever i find that can give me ANY kind of help im going to use it.... and like i said... it is nothing rare here.... i learn this from my boxing trainer like 10 years ago, and everybody in the gym used it to shed the water pound before a fight to make weight......

Albolene Liquifying Cream from Title Boxing

Here it is... now you cant call me crazy!1 lol!!

LOL, a garbage bag, I did that when I was a teen! I wouldn't recommend runnig with one, what if it flys off you then down a drain then you'd be polluting and a baby seal could die!!
    I go walking/runing in the morning with a sweat suit, and People look at me like i'm nuts!! LOL, I don't care, I feel good doing it so I don't care what others think, I love love love to be so sweaty after a workout!

LOL, a garbage bag, I did that when I was a teen! I wouldn't recommend runnig with one, what if it flys off you then down a drain then you'd be polluting and a baby seal could die!!
    I go walking/runing in the morning with a sweat suit, and People look at me like i'm nuts!! LOL, I don't care, I feel good doing it so I don't care what others think, I love love love to be so sweaty after a workout!