Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Paul McKenna

Is there anyone here who's using the Paul McKenna system? Would be interesting to know if any1 here is giving it a go aswell?

J

2. Google
    Unfamiliar with it but did some googling

It's weight loss thru hypnosis - there's a thread or two here somewehre on it...

Weightloss Seminar Details - Paul Mckenna
    At the Weight Loss Seminar…

I will personally help you to recondition your unproductive habits
    If you’re overweight, it’s not your fault. It’s the natural result of your current mental programming. I will help you control your habits and programme your mind to slim your body.
    You will learn powerful mind programming techniques
    You’ll notice the effects immediately and the techniques can be used again and again to reinforce those new habits.
    You will learn the 4 golden rules of naturally thin people
    They're no different from you. Your body will be re-programmed to a more natural way of eating.
    You will learn to speed up your metabolism and how to ‘supercharge’ it too
    Your metabolism is not fixed- it can and will change in response to how you eat and use your body.
    You’ll keep the weight off
    The system works with your body. You’ll learn to recognise the subtle and not so subtle signs of authentic hunger, so your eating habits change and you sustain the weight loss.
    Now, you're probably wondering how and why we can do all these things.

If you’re overweight it’s the natural result of your current mental programming. It’s not that you’re a bad person; you’ve simply developed some very unproductive habits. No diet can ever change that. Your body tells you when it’s hungry and when it’s full, but many of us ignore and override it … and as a result overeat.

Book after book and programme after programme attempt to address the issue by telling you what you should or shouldn’t eat. That’s like trying to fix a broken leg by telling the person they shouldn’t have fallen over. So, instead of going outside yourself and asking the so-called experts ‘what should I eat?’ you need to go inside yourself and ask ‘what’s eating me?’

Unless you have a way to change what food means to you on a deep unconscious level, your automatic responses relating to food are never going to change and you’ll go right back to your old ways.

You can’t break the spell and beat these bad habits with will power alone – you have to re-programme your mind. We’re going to re-condition your habits and make them work for you. Unlike diets which go against your natural urge to eat when you are hungry and stop when you are full, the simplest weight loss system in the world works with your body.

The changes will take effect immediately and for the first time in ages you’ll enjoy the wonderful feeling of satisfaction that comes from being in control of your eating. You will see that it truly is possible to lose weight easily.
    I'm guessing that these seminars aren't cheap... I'm not sure that hypnosis totally works - but if you want it to - it probably will short term - there are a bunch of podcasts ouot there -- (one on willpower here) that would probably be just as effective and a lot cheaper

Lightbulb Say No to expensive seminars...lol

I havent done any of the seminars - You can actually do the system through a couple of cheap books and a CD which comes with one of them. It's more of a belief change rather than a diet, training you to eat only when your body tells you that you need to rather than doing the usual "i feel crap/bored/upset therefore I shall eat" (something which I am sure many of us are familiar with)

This is the way that I am trying to lose my exces weight - aswell as going to the gym and generally imporving my wellbeing

J

everything i've read about his system - it's all about hypnosis.. .there's a bunch of free podcasts that do the same thing... if you google weight loss and podcast you'll find a bunch

Red face Hypnosis

Yeah, I've got a few and they all pretty much say the same.

I was just intrigued as to whether other people on here were doing the same thing.

J

Just started it 5 days ago - read the book and listened to CD every night & it does make sense. It suggests weighing fortnightly, so we shall see. Not loads of cravings now though for different foods as caan eat what I like until full. Not about hypnosis either - just re programming brain about how it thinks of food. Anyone else doing it out there?

It worked to me

Hi,

I bought his book. I didn't believe a word of it to be honest but I admit I did buy it hehe. Anyway, I read it all the way and his 4 golden rules worked perfectly to me.

Hi Eveyone Im New On Here A Good English Rose Looking For Help With My Slimming I Am To Following This Book And Really Hope That It Will Work

Paul mckenna- I can make you thin??

Hiya everyone, has anybody tried this?? Its a book and CD designed by Paul McKenna..its meant to be good.. just wondered what you all thought??

there's a thread here: http://weight-loss.fitness.com/weigh...l-mckenna.html
    where it's been discussed

as far as i can tell - it's weight loss thru hypnosis -which i'm sure works for some -but not everyone - an d I'm not sure it' teaches a lifetmes worth of good habits.

you can do some googling on podcasts (that owuld be free) on various weight loss topics that would probably give you the same thing.

I really hate seeing people spend money on quick fix promises... you're a strong young woman, mandie, you can achieve your goals...

Thanx Mal...Im struggling a bit again...feel like Im never gonna be thin..lol. Feel absolutely drained by it all. Im trying to be good...honest...but dam easter and cadburys cream eggs...they are my addiction..and they are everywhere..lol. Been having 2 cream eggs a day...apart from that Ive been healthyish. Ive done loads of horse riding with the weather being nice...so the exercise is going well.

well then don't deny yourself those cream eggs -you're doing fine - just be patient with yourself.... easter is almost over

Don't give up. Just keep on trying. This forum is a very good source for the information and support that helps so much. And if you're ready for change, then it will happen. Even if you can't change your eating, at least read around this forum!

Thanx guys...Im trying to hang in there...lol..will be better when easter is over..lol.

Ive tried it and it was ok, the book is good and all the tips he give works, some people aren't susceptible to hypnotism though- it've tried it for shyness as well with a councellor person and it didn't worK. I think it coudl be really good though.