1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

266lbs - 196lbs - 70lb loss - Before & After

Discussion in 'Before & After ... and In-Between' started by Loz, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Loz

Loz New Member

Well, where to start.......

I've always been a pretty big lad, I've been 6'2 since I was 13 years old and never could stay too far away from food! I was always active as a child but unfortunately (not really unfortunate for my career but unfortunate for my size) after getting a desk job I got more and more lazy and with all the cakes and fast food around the office I soon started to bulk up.

I was still active but nothing like what I was before, I played football (soccer!)twice and week, one night as a goalkeeper and the other on pitch for a five a side work team. Even doing this fitness I wasn't losing any weight, I'd come home and order fast food or stuff my face with chocolate.

Last August after a very hard game on pitch I collapsed on my bed and looked at myself in the mirror. The game had ended over half and hour ago and I was still out of breathe, red faced and totally shattered. I knew I had to do something as I just couldn't keep on going like I was, the way my life was I would have been looking at high blood pressure and diabetis. Those are the last things I wanted so I made a plan in my head, 3 meals a day, must be low calorie, no more sweets/crips/fizzy drinks/take aways and more exercise. I was 19 stone at the time (266lbs).

After a couple weeks on my diet I joined a gym, I had my first session with the instructor and lasted 1 minute 41 secs on the treadmill at light jogging pace, I felt so ill, I wanted to throw up, I never knew how bad I was.

The months soon started to pass and the weight was coming off nicely, in December I joined the site but only to look and get inspiration for myself, I'm glad I did as everyones journey helped me keep on track. Christmas was a hard period, being on a diet with so much food around was a killer, I had a lovely xmas meal and then went for a 2 hour walk to make sure it didn't stay on!

More months passed and before I knew it it was time for my holiday to America to see my family. I was down to my target weight (14 stone/196lbs) and overjoyed. The trip was fantastic and I would love to go back there again and again, I was an groomsman at my cousins wedding, got to watch a San Antonio Spurs game and see them win and visited Las Vegas and the Grand Canyon.

For the past few months since I've just been trying to keep my weight at 14 stone, I am not "dieting" as such just watching my weight, I do have treats like take away meals and sweets but have them in moderation now :)

Right time for the pics (I always dreaded this moment!!) :

No idea what I was doing! (266lbs)
    [​IMG]

Outside a car show (266lbs)
    [​IMG]

At my desk (266lbs)
    [​IMG]

In the Bellagio Hotel Vegas (196lbs)
    [​IMG]

Out in Vegas (196lbs)
    [​IMG]

At the Grand Canyon (196lbs)
    [​IMG]

At the Spurs game (196lbs)
    [​IMG]

At my cousins wedding (196lbs)
    [​IMG]

Well that's me and my story, I hope it can inspire other people to take on the challenge of weight loss, it is a very hard road with many temptations and bumps but if you can overcome them then you will become more confident, happy and, in my case, start smiling all the time :)

Stats :

Height : 6'2

Starting weight : 19 Stone (266lbs)
    Starting trouser (pants) size : 40" waist
    Starting t-shirt size : XXL
    Able to run : 1 min 41 secs @ 8KPH (Gym)

Current weight : 14 Stone (196lbs)
    Current trouser (pants) size : 34" waist
    Current t-shirt size : M/L
    Able to run : 1 hour @ 11KPH constant - Last minute 16KPH (Gym)

Last edited: Aug 14, 2010
    Xenon likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Dyson

Dyson New Member

Looking great bro

4. AngelWings

AngelWings Active Member

Dramatic! You look fab! Thanks for posting its wonderful inspiration!

5. knyt

knyt Active Member

Great! You look younger and your face is more handsome too. That you can run for an hour is amazing! Especially when you started at only over a minute!

6. iheartcheese

iheartcheese New Member

you look amazing!
    very good job !

7. ms.hodge

ms.hodge New Member

You look fantastic, congrats!

8. mamaq79

mamaq79 New Member

Well hello hot stuff! You look really great. Congratulations!

9. Camdon

Camdon Active Member

Great job...thanks for sharing:)

10. kaizen

kaizen New Member

wow, truly an inspiration, im at the same place where you started and would be overjoyed with your results.

11. You look great!

12. Loz

Loz New Member

Cheers mate :)

Thank you :)

Thank you, I know I can't belive how great I feel when running, I'm smiling :)

Hello hehe :) thank you

Keep at it, I guarentee when you reach your target you will feel on top of the world :) good luck

I also downloaded the Adidas MiCoach app for my iPhone today and went for a run. It really is an amazing app that tracks your progress and saves it online, anyone that runs should get it

Thanks again everyone for the positive responses

13. biggestloser105

biggestloser105 Active Member

You look hot :) You also look like you're in your 20's, whereas before you looked at least 35.

14. Caiman

Caiman Active Member

70lb loss just totally transforms you, you look great, well done- are you finding it easy to maintain?

15. Loz

Loz New Member

Thank you very much :)

Thank you :) a little hard but I'm running and playing soccer so it helps to keep it under control

16. Gulianna

Gulianna New Member

Wow! You look so good!! You should be really proud of yourself sweetie!

17. Loz

Loz New Member

I've started to use the MiCoach app more now, I've only been running outside so it's been a bit harder to get into it but I'm starting to enjoy it. Results are :

Time : 1:18:39
    Calories : 1518
    Distance : 15.96 KM
    Workouts : 7

Will be using it more and more in the future and starting lifting weights again :)

18. shrinkingLeon

shrinkingLeon Active Member

Great job! Truly an inspiration for my efforts.

Also, what do you do in terms of diet/nutrition?

19. mark91345

mark91345 New Member

Congrats on your weight loss. Do you have any trouble maintaining your weight now?

20. Loz

Loz New Member

Sorry for the lateness in response, I've been crazy busy over the past few months!

My diet program was quite simple :

Drinks : Water or flavoured water and one cup of tea a day. I cut fizzy drinks,alcohol and milkshakes
    Meal Plan : Sensible breakfast, cornflakes or special K with semi skimmed milk, low fat salad or sandwich for lunch and a low fat meal for dinner (chicken with salad etc).

Of course I had the occasional treat but it was left until the weekend and only had a small amount.

Keeping my weight off is a pretty big task as it's easy to slip into the old habits and I've given up the gym at the moment. I'm lifting weights at home, go out running 2-3 times a week and play football so that all helps.

I'm also looking to start doing 5KM fun runs, maybe one a month as it's always been a goal of mine to do a running race

Last edited: Nov 19, 2010
  21. Daybehavior

Daybehavior Well-Known Member

::wolfwhistle:: haha. Crazy transformation...very impressive.