Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    I was flipping channels the other day and caught a glimpse of Ripa on her talk show with Regis. Holy smokes, has she gotten thin! I just wanted to wrap her up in cellophane paper to protect her, she looks so fragile. She may very well be healthy and happy (and that's what matters most), but that first glance at her really threw me off guard.

The odd thing was that my husband (who doesn't like the waif look at all) thinks Ripa's body looks strong and healthy. Weird, huh?

2. Google
    I think Ripa is very attractive. If you look at her photos she is not boney at all. However, she is very tiny for her industry. But she works hard at looking like that and you shouldn't throw out words like anorexic. There has been zero indication that she is.

Honestly, I think this thread is horseshit.

on a side note:
    (Do I sound like the President of the Kelly Ripa fan club?)
    Last edited by Carthonn; March 15th, 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Carthonn View Post
    I think Ripa is very attractive. If you look at her photos she is not boney at all. However, she is very tiny for her industry. But she works hard at looking like that and you shouldn't throw out words like anorexic. There has been zero indication that she is.

on a side note:
    Everyones intitled to their own opinions.
    No one has forced theirs on each other, we've just stated.

Quote Originally Posted by PaperAirPlanes View Post
    Everyones intitled to their own opinions.
    No one has forced theirs on each other, we've just stated.
    What you see as opinion I see as slander.

Why is it slander to state if you like or dislike a person's physical appearance?

I assume it wouldn't be slander if you didn't happen to like the person in question.

The question was if people think she is too skinny or not, and everybody voiced their oppinions, and some (actually most) thought she was way too skinny. Personally, I agree, she does look unhealthy, and in no way, shape or form attractive. Even her face looks haggard, and lacks anything soft or feminine, like the rest of her body.

Is that slander? No, it's my personal oppinion. If you don't like it, that's your prerogative, but you should be aware that everywhere where you interact with people, you'll have to live with the fact that somebody might have an opinion that you won't necessarily agree with.

That's life. Remember, opinions are like arseholes.

Everybody's got one.....

It's not slander (well, libel actually). The OP or anyone was not accusing said person of being an anorexic, merely stating that "she looks anorexic" implying very thin and ill appearance.
    Last edited by Michelley85; March 15th, 2009 at 10:50 PM.

on a side note:
    Not boney? You mean, like this...

Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Etc.

Personally, I think she's way too skinny.

Ok, NOW you sound like the president of the Kelly Ripa Fan Club.

If I smeared turtle poop all over my body, rolled around in sesame seeds and then asked you how I looked, it wouldn't be slander if you gave your opinion and said "I think you look terrible, Chef."
    Last edited by ChefChiTown; March 15th, 2009 at 11:19 PM.

I think she looks very thin and she probably has a really low body fat percentage, but I don't think she's necessarily "Too" skinny. Those pictures you posted Chef, she looks athletic there to me, not boney.

Personally I don't think I'd want to be as thin as she is, but if that's what makes her happy and she's healthy, then good for her.

i personally think she looks great. i mean thats not a weight i would aim for personally for my own body, but by looking at those photos it is clear that she works out, has muscle definition (arms esp) and takes care of her body. But hey thats just my opinion

**ducks from the incoming flying slippers** LOL

Kelly Ripa is 5'4"? But that's how tall I am... and I weight way more than she does. Urgh... I feel like a cow now.

Anywho, she is a bit skinny for my taste, but to each it's own. I do know that if I ever had the body she has, my fiancee would cry. He likes an ample bottom and top

Quote Originally Posted by gaelicgirl1983 View Post
    I think she looks very thin and she probably has a really low body fat percentage, but I don't think she's necessarily "Too" skinny. Those pictures you posted Chef, she looks athletic there to me, not boney.

Personally I don't think I'd want to be as thin as she is, but if that's what makes her happy and she's healthy, then good for her.
    I agree with you on those pics of her that were posted.. she just looks fit. I have seen several where she just looks way too thin. I think maybe because she is pretty flat chested. She has a small frame to begin with. I personally dont think its attractive. I love Kelly though! Loved her since All My Children!!

She's cute. I never really noticed if she was too skinny or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Michelley85 View Post
    It's not slander (well, libel actually). The OP or anyone was not accusing said person of being an anorexic, merely stating that "she looks anorexic" implying very thin and ill appearance.
    Yes libel that's right. But seriously you think saying "she looks anorexic" is going to help her in any way? When did you all become doctors?

Quote Originally Posted by ChefChiTown View Post
    Not boney? You mean, like this...

Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Kelly Ripa
    Etc.

Personally, I think she's way too skinny.

Ok, NOW you sound like the president of the Kelly Ripa Fan Club.

If I smeared turtle poop all over my body, rolled around in sesame seeds and then asked you how I looked, it wouldn't be slander if you gave your opinion and said "I think you look terrible, Chef."
    Here's an opinion - you have no freaking clue what your talking about. Take me to small claims court for 35 cents if you like because that's about how much your reputation is worth after reading that ridiculous scenario.

GOOD DAY!

I dont think she way too skinny. She has a low amount of body fat, but her thighs and arms are very muscular. She doesn't have a Rachel Welch body type that's for sure. She has more of a broad shouldered, medium frame type of body. I think she looks pretty good. If she added more body fat she would look "stubby"
    She's not like Tyra Banks and Beyonce who are lucky enough to have their extra body fat go to all the right places. I am from the if you can pinch an inch.. you need to slow down on the ol feed bag school though... so that is where my opinion is coming from.