Exercise for Big Guy

Hi Guys,

Need Advice on my Workouts, I am 124 KG( 273lb), have just started my workouts and targeting to loose 24 Kg in next 4 to 5 months to achieve the short term goal of 100 Kgs. I am a big guy 5'7"

Currently I do 10 mins of treadmill at 4-5 mph and 20 mins on bike and 20 mins on cross trainer. I can't do treadmill much because of ligament problem in my both the knees moreover can't do heavy exercises.

I have also taken personal trainer but he is insisting me to do weight training to loose weight which i am reluctant to do as weight training may convert existing fat into muscles and may reduce the overall process

SO need help to prepare my workout chart so as to achieve my targets well within time.

2. Google
    If you are doing 50 min. a day on treadmaill, bike and cross-trainer, you're actually doing pretty good.

I do a lot of walking outside. You get interesting scenery to look at and it just feels good to be out in the open air.

I have always found cross-country ski machines (NordicTrack) to be really good for burning calories, and getting the upper body involved as well. I guess a cross-trainer does the same thing.

Adding some weight training is a good idea. As you lose weight, some of that weight is going to be muscle mass. Weight training will help you retain that muscle. And weight training doesn't turn fat into muscle. In fact, more muscle mass equals more calories burned, which would actually help you lose fat.
    Finally, if you have reduced your caloric intake sufficiently to be losing weight, you are unlikely to be gaining a lot of muscle mass anyway (or so I am led to understand), because fat loss requires a caloric deficit and muscle building requires a surplus (any experts correct me if I am wrong here).

A balance of cardio and weight training is what I would suggest.
    However, you haven't mentioned what your diet is like, or what changes you have made. The primary component of weight loss is dietary. I know this is the exercise thread, but I assume you are taking appropriate dietary measures?