Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Smile Simple soultion to loose weight is to stop eating bread and workout

I dont know if you people are doing it or not, but I was a 200 pounds man which sat all day at home and watched tv, I have tried everything in the books, weight watchers and all that, what finally make me realize that the only solution is me, no one else needs to proove me that when i eat 2900 calories a day and do nothing then ill gain weight, so what i did, is first thing stop eating bread, any kind of bread, white brown yellow, just avoid it in the beginning, and also started to workout 3 times a week, i promise to anyone out there, work out 3 times a week take off bread and fizzy drinks of your menu and you will loose weight and be healty again, i was 200 pounds now im 145 and feel amazing

2. Google
    I have to disagree. Most foods on the market have nutritional ingredients ..but they also have a degree of unhealthy ingredients too...which is why a balanced diet is whats best. Practice portion control. White bread may not be the best choice, but there are other breads out there that have fiber. you can read labels to make the best choice, but I would never completely 'cut out' one particular item like that.

Any food is fattening if eaten in excess. I wonder what the poster thinks the solution would be for people out there that do not eat bread or fizzy drinks - but are still overweight. There are bound to be people like that. They are already doing his wonder-diet...

It is great that he has found something that has helped him to lose weight (but I hope that he is eating a balanced diet). It is great that he feels amazing.

I have to say that I agree with Korrie though. The solution is not as simple as this.
    2007 was 294 pounds

Got to goal - but currently a little overweight...

well, maybe the combination of lower cals...by cutting out bread and pop..who knows how much of that he was consuming to begin with...and then the excersizing, that might have been done it...but like you said, thats good for HIM, not for the great majority. I know i personally would not loose any weight by cutting out bread as I only have some once every couple of days.

I know in my mind that bread isn't supposed to be bad if it's a whole grain, but...I limit it if I don't want to see the scale going in the wrong direction too. I save it for weekend breakfasts only. It also makes me really hungry faster than other things. I don't know why other whole grains don't do this to me, I'm fine w/ brown rice, bulgar, any of them really, just not in bread form....lol

I limit my bread but I will never ever get rid of it completely. I love bread, I love sandwiches, I love food. Portion control is key. I dont even keep a close count on my calories, just a mental tab.

Personally, I dont see a need to go to extremes like cutting some foods completely out. Its not something i'd be able to stick to.

Now drinking pepsi and the like, thats where a lot of people have their problems. I agree with cutting that out and limiting juices and other high calorie drinks. I havent bought pepsi in over a month and I havent actually drank any in two weeks.

Just cutting out the pepsi, portion control, and exercise had worked amazingly for me so far.

To each their own though, just try to be as healthy and happy with your decisions.

The simple solution to losing weight is to eat less and exercise more.

That's about the only universal solution you can claim. Unfortunately, as simple as it is to write, it's NOT always simple to execute. And making it into something like "cut out this one type of food" is just ridiculous.

Sure, anything that cuts calories is going to cause you to lose some weight - assuming you don't replace the bread calories with something else to make up the difference. But long term, cutting out an entire type of food or an entire food group is not sustainable and, in many cases, not healthy.

Portion control and eating healthy and balanced foods is key, not giving up a particular food completely. They also make low-calorie breads. ;P I have low calorie wheat bread with only 40 cals a piece, lol. It's pretty good, too.

for the love of god it is "LOSING" not "Loosing"

Am I the only one who gets extremely annoyed when people can't take a look around them and see how words are spelled.

Quote Originally Posted by loosingfast View Post
    I dont know if you people are doing it or not, but I was a 200 pounds man which sat all day at home and watched tv, I have tried everything in the books, weight watchers and all that, what finally make me realize that the only solution is me, no one else needs to proove me that when i eat 2900 calories a day and do nothing then ill gain weight, so what i did, is first thing stop eating bread, any kind of bread, white brown yellow, just avoid it in the beginning, and also started to workout 3 times a week, i promise to anyone out there, work out 3 times a week take off bread and fizzy drinks of your menu and you will loose weight and be healty again, i was 200 pounds now im 145 and feel amazing
    Sooooo, I can eat sausage pizzas, steak tacos, deep fried bacon, chocolate cakes, bowls full of M&M's and all the jars of mayonnaise that I want...just as long as I don't eat bread? YES!!!

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    for the love of god it is "LOSING" not "Loosing"

Am I the only one who gets extremely annoyed when people can't take a look around them and see how words are spelled.
    Um take a look at where he is from....now he COULD be a soldier or anyone really, my guess is he is from Israel like it stats and English comes as a second language.

Also some ppl are Dyslexic as well as other Disorder's that cause them briefly to forget how to spell something, somtimes ppl can make honest grammatical mistakes. Or sometimes they may not be as educated as you...so patience is key. Maybe some are lazy. A person never really knows.

Sometimes offering a kind hand goes a long way too.

well said RG, thanks for the post! I have been told that the english language is one of the hardest to master...with your "their, there, they're" or "aunt, ant" for example, you get the picture.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefChiTown View Post
    Sooooo, I can eat sausage pizzas, steak tacos, deep fried bacon, chocolate cakes, bowls full of M&M's and all the jars of mayonnaise that I want...just as long as I don't eat bread? YES!!!

But whatever you do, for God's sake don't spread that mayo on bread...

... it is, however, okay to dip the deep-fried bacon into the mayo.

Oh, and pizza is, um, made with bread?

Smile

Thanks Korrie.

Quote Originally Posted by Cord the Seeker View Post
    But whatever you do, for God's sake don't spread that mayo on bread...

... it is, however, okay to dip the deep-fried bacon into the mayo.

Oh, and pizza is, um, made with bread?
    I don't make pizza with dough. I just weave strips of duck fat together, sort of like a basket, and then spread my toppings all over the place. And, by "spread my toppings", I deeeeefinitely mean something sexual.