Is the new diet pill Capsiplex any good?

I have seen Capsiplex advertised and wondered if anyone had tried it yet? it claims you can burn the same amount of calories per day as a 25 minute jog!

2. Google
    Ive read on here that no pills work !

No pills work is a bit harsh. That said, far too many people turn to them long before they have the basic foundation of diet and exercise in place and that's just silly.

Even of the select few pills that might "work," they're only adding minor benefits. Say a pill, just pulling a number out of my butt, helps in some way by 3%. Well diet might contribute as much as 50% and exercise 35%, etc.

The hyped up marketing is what tugs on people's heart strings who happen to be desperate to find the easy solution so they "bite."

Don't be a sucker is the name of the game, most of the time.

Now I haven't read up on the specifics of this pill but the gist of it is that it is a way to induce massive amounts of capsaicin without recruiting massive inflammatory reactions as i understand it. This might actually help your metabolism out, but a magic pill to make the kilos go away, hardly Until there is something published in NEJM, JAMA or something like that I would however take the pills claims with a grain of salt.

I don't believe there is really any pill that will work better than managing your calorie intake and increasing your movements. Steve is right that there are some pills that helps but it's far from a solution.

Quote Originally Posted by clever_plant View Post
    Until there is something published in NEJM, JAMA or something like that I would however take the pills claims with a grain of salt.
    Instead of taking the pills with a grain of salt you might try something like potassium. It's difficult enough to restrict one's sodium intact without intentionally adding to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cerad View Post
    Instead of taking the pills with a grain of salt you might try something like potassium. It's difficult enough to restrict one's sodium intact without intentionally adding to it.
    Man.. you almost just cost me my keyboard, damn you! :P

You have your red pills, you have your blue pills, you have your happy pills, you have your sad pills. Everything has a pill and all the pills do it add unwanted junk to your body in the form of chemicals or herbs. Some of them are even very hard on your system and after a few weeks you'll be laying in bed trying to sleep having heart palpitations!

I tired pills. Oh did I ever - no results except a nice wired buzz which eventually lead to heart palpitations, but then again - I didn't add exercise/diet all that much to the mix because that's what the pill was for - I know that thought process is WRONG - but ALOT of people start thinking that way when they take pills.

I did notice though - that ALOT of the diet pills out there (like fat burners etc..) they say they had amazing results during their studies and that they did placebo testing etc... if you read the fine print though they say that their participants lost on average. 2 - 2.5lbs per week taking their pills and following diet and exercise......but it's funny, because if you work out instensely and REALLY watch what you eat - you'll lose 2-2.5lbs per week ANYWAY with NO pills.

Stick with a few cups of green tea a day, exercise and diet.