Page 1 of 28 1234511 ... LastLast

Imaninjadangit's Weight loss Spectacular!

Or something like that.

I need to start writing my thoughts down about my weight, so I thought that this is just as good of a place as any to start!

I am tired of being fat. I don't care if people don't think I'm "that" big...or don't want me to call myself fat. That's what I am. I think it makes people uncomfortable when you call yourself fat, because if they DON'T fight you on it, then they look like they agree. I don't know. I just want to be thinner. I want my health to be better, I want to feel more energetic, I want to live longer...all of that stuff...but then, all of the stuff that we're told we SHOULDN'T be doing it for. I want to look better. I want to buy skinny clothes. I want to be one of those girls that guys look at and want, but can't have. I just can't seem to get myself in the mindset to do it.

I have so much more to write, but I need to get some sleep. I'll write more tomorrow....maybe after my first walk.
    2011 SW - 288lbs Aug. 2012- 188lbs
    2013 SW - 216lbs)5 months pp
    First Goal - 199lbs by December 31st, 2013

2. Google

Talking

SO...I ate egg whites for breakfast this morning. I feel like I would have gotten a better flavor had I licked my kitchen floor clean. Ugh...I even put tomatoes in them. I know they're a good breakfast for weight loss...but, yuck. I might try keeping one yolk in. Maybe that will help.

I just feel like I need to make a drastic change in my diet for a few months, just to get the weight loss started. I'm good at maintaining weight, so I know I'll be fine on a regular diet once I've reached my goal. It's the baby weight that gets me. I gained SO much weight with my son. I've just never had the drive to take it off. BUT...

We are coming into a good chunk of money. We have been living in my apartment, barely making it on my unemployment check, with one car that barely runs, no phone...it's been so stressful. We found out today that we have won a settlement, and will be able to pay off all of our debt, buy a beautiful house, 2 new cars, and get some weight loss equipment! I am so excited! This is the kick in the butt I needed! I will also be able to get braces, which I've wanted forever. I constantly hide my smile, because my teeth are very crooked. Now, I can fix my smile and my body! I will be 29 in June. I plan on being 50lbs lighter by then...or at least July. By my 30th birthday, I will be trim with a beautiful smile! I can't wait!!

Talking

I am up so much earlier than I'm use to. lol I normally get up at 11. I need to start getting up earlier, though. I need to have a normal schedule.

I had trouble getting to sleep last night, because I was excited about losing weight. haha I am very determined to do this. I can't officially start my diet until tomorrow, but I can make changes today. I can eat my eggs and half of a bagel. I can also eat well throughout the day and not drink soda.

I'm going to take my daughter for a walk a little bit later, once it warms up a little. I can't wait to move and my elliptical, so I don't have to worry about the weather. I am super excited about it!

Gosh, that's so good about getting all that money!! *is jealous* New house, new cars!! New start! I hope you reach all your goals!
    Getting Sexy With Slimming World!

Talking I want a money truck!!!

Hey! I just discovered your diary, and will now be an avid reader!

About the egg whites thing, with enough seasoning ANYTHING can taste good! However, I discovered something strange the other day when I went food shopping!! I was looking at the egg substitutes, and I went to compare the calories in the egg white substitute to the calories in the regular egg substitute (for the Walmart brand) and found them to be IDENTICAL! I'm not sure how or why that's possible, unless the only difference is some yellow food coloring, but I bought the regular egg substitute. That with some no calorie all purpose seasoning added, I feel like a regular culinary genius!!

P.S. I'm so jealous of your settlement! My husbnd was unemployed most of last year, and I only work part-time while I go to school... So I totally understand trying to make money stretch!! Sometimes I think that if I didn't have to worry so much about money, I wouldn't do so much meaningless stress-eating!! I am so right beside you through this awesome life changing endeavor!!

Oh, I know. I am still in shock about the money. My family was always without money growing up. I wore the same 2 pairs of jean for all 4 years of high school. They never bought school pictures. I didn't eat lunch every day when I went to school. Friends gave me shoes. It was a mess. My adult life hasn't been QUITE that bad, but it's been close. My daughter never goes without, though. Ever. My son is with his dad most of the time, because my life has been so hectic...so he is well taken care of. It has already been such a load off of my mind, just knowing that I won't have to worry about being evicted, or if the electric is going to get shut off. Now, I can focus on the well being of my family, which...of course...includes me!

Wink End of the day. Whew.

Today went well...sort of.

I didn't walk. I put my track pants on...my socks...had my shirt and shoes out...and then just didn't go. It was right around 80 outside, and I said I was going to wait until it was cooler...but then I fell asleep. I've been fighting a headache for the past few days, so it was kind of needed. I am going from 62oz+ a day to almost none. The lack of caffeine has hit me hard.
    I did eat well, though. It's the end of the month, so the groceries are a little bare. I'm fully stocking up tomorrow, and it will be nothing but healthy!
    I had a talk with my boyfriend today. He has gained so much weight in the past few months. I'm afraid he's around 350, now. He is only 5'8", and already has knee problems. I told him that I'm worried about him, but it's up to him. He said that he is going to go on a diet and start exercising! Yay!
    I am going to the store to get diet food for us, and healthy food for our daughter. No chips or sweets at all. She's a good eater, for being 2 1/2. She loves just about anything. Today, she was looting my baby carrots when I wasn't looking. haha I just need to cut the crap out of her diet. She doesn't need it, and I don't want her to be on the same track that we are.
    When I was young, we had no money. We only ate TV dinners, and occasionally had a decent home cooked meal. I think I ate fast food MAYBE 5 times from birth until I was 15. We did always seem to have chips and soda, though. My dad worked as a mechanic, and would bring home cases of soda that he said were "extra" from the vending machine guy. Now that I know him better, I'm pretty sure he was stealing them. Anyway, when I was 18, I started working full time, and I bought food ALL the time. It was like a luxury I never had. SO, I'm trying to get out of that habit. Food is a necessity, not a luxury. My boyfriend lived with his grandparents, who owned a tavern. They fed him super greasy, super portioned meals ALL the time. his grandmother was poor growing up, so I think she over compensated. We both need to work on our food issues, but it's nice that we can do it together.

I think it's time to surf the web and see if I can find good deals on living room sets!

Beer and Kittens,
    Robyn

Quote Originally Posted by imaninjadangit View Post
    Beer and Kittens,
    Robyn
    This made me laugh out loud!!

I can totally relate to you SO MUCH it's scary!! I am so glad your man is getting on the wagon with you! My husband is "trying" to lose weight and be healthy too, but he and I are on totally different paths. I'm hoping that if I keep losing and make some kick ass progress he'll get jealous and really hunker down!!

And it's good to get some extra rest sometimes too!! You'll get your walk tomorrow!

Soooo tired...but why?

Augh! I'm so tired, but there's no reason why I should be! I just have no energy. I have cut down drastically on my soda, so I'm thinking it's the lack of caffeine. I am going grocery shopping today. I'm going to get a multi-vitamin like Women's One a day. It has caffeine in it, and other goodies. Hopefully, that helps! I'm also getting a lot of veggies and lean meats.

As for exercise...it's just not happening right now. I don't want to walk in this neighborhood. Not at all. I'm going to start doing little exercises in here, until we move in late May. Then, I will walk in our gorgeous new subdivision. I think as long as I change my diet, and do in home exercises, I'll get a good start.

We shall see! I just need to get my blasted scale from my sister. I still have NO idea what I really weigh. >:I

Let's see...what have I eaten today...and what will I eat?

Breakfast: One whole egg, two egg whites, whole wheat bagel with a very thin layer of strawberry cream cheese. One glass of orange juice.
    No snack. (This will change after I go shopping.)
    Lunch: Turkey on whole wheat with mustard. Salad with a tbsp of dressing. Water.
    Snack...tba.
    Dinner...Baked pork chops, couscous, and blanched asparagus.
    Snack...tba.

Let's see if I can grab some healthy snacks at the store!

Granola and puppies,
    Robyn

:)

My meals went pretty well today. I ate the lunch I planned, with a bottle of water. For dinner, I had left over lo mein noodles, and an apple, with water. Not too shabby.

The thing I'm most proud of is my grocery shopping. I got tons of fruits and veggies, ground turkey instead of ground beef, and some rice cakes. No chips, ice cream, or any kind of junk. They even had platters of fried chicken wings, fried ravioli, and other fried goodies at the store for Easter. UGH! They looked SO good...but I passed them up! I am very proud of this.

I will say that I am SUPER hungry right now. I ate around 8:30, so I'm thinking of having some yogurt with strawberries before I go to bed. I don't think that will hurt, as long as I only have a little!

Happy Easter everyone!

Chocolate eggs and bunnies,
    Robyn

Well done on the grocery shopping - I know how difficult it is not to pick up the good old stuff that you usually would. I've found it a real help to go and do the shopping AFTER a good healthy meal - when full I find food so much less appealing and am able to make the right decisions about the right stuff to buy so much easier without giving in to temptation.

COMPLETELY upset

SO, I finally got my scale from my sister. I was 270 back in October. Now, I'm 281. Ugh! The problem is that I have changed my diet drastically in the last week or so. I didn't weigh myself before the diet, so I don't know if I have lost weight. I can start tracking it now, though.

I'm just so upset that I'm only 20lbs away from 300. 300 pounds. That is unacceptable.

I need to go for a walk.

Way to go on the shopping and healthy meals! We get our groceries from Wal-Mart (going there in a few) and it's SO hard to smell all the awesome smells in their larger than life deli section. I usually spend the car ride talking about what size clothing would be a good size or how much weight I plan to lose this month. Anything to focus on why I don't need that junk. My hunny probably thinks I'm losing it since I randomly break into spastic weight loss conversations.

I'm now officially subscribing

4-8-2010

Mae, I know what you're talking about. My guy thinks I'm totally obsessed with my weight, because it's been a big part of our conversations lately.
    He's bigger than I am, so if I say that I think I've gotten gross, he takes offense. I understand where he's coming from, but...yeah. I have told him that it feels gross to have so much weight on my body.
    Today was a very good day. I FINALLY got out and walked. I was done making excuses. It almost didn't happen, though. I got my walking clothes on, got my iPod ready...and then BAM! A huge storm came out of nowhere. It rained VERY heavily for about 20 minutes. I almost gave up hope, and then it stopped as fast as it came. If any of you watch Lost...then, it was like I was on the island. lol SO, as soon as it broke, I left for my walk. Wow. The route I took had 2 gigantic hills. I pushed myself all the way up them, without taking a break. I stopped at the top of both of them, caught my breath, and kept going. My body tingled from the walk, but it felt good. The only problem was my back. My lower back hurt SO much, that I almost had to sit in the middle of the road. I'm assuming this happened for two reasons...1. I haven't walked like that in a very long time. I have been planted in front of my comp every day for the last couple of months. 2. I have large breasts. It hurts my lower back when I do dishes, or any kind of work around the house that requires me to bend over a lot. SO...I think that's why it hurt. I'm wondering if a back brace would help. Hm. I plan on walking again tomorrow. I'm all psyched for it, now.

I am determined to get this weight off of me. I can't keep gaining. I'm too close to 300, and I can't let myself get to that point. I will succeed!

4-11-2010

SO, this weekend was kind of a bust. I walked on Friday, but completely skipped Saturday and Sunday. Not only did I not walk, but I ate crap. I made homemade fried chicken strips and fries on Friday, then hamburgers and ramen on Saturday. Ugh! I ate chips last night, and 2 candy bars over the weekend...and drank very little water and too much soda. I completely fell off the wagon!

SO...I'm getting back on. I had my egg whites, bagel and orange juice for breakfast. I will have a tiny bit of soda later, just for the caffeine...but that's it! Tons of water! I'm going for my walk in 2 hours. I like to go closer to the evening time, because it's a bit cooler.

I WILL succeed. I have to.