Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Fasting for 40 days

Hey, guys. Here is my attempt to fast for 40 days. I will eat absolutely no food, except for water or mineral water. I will take mineral/vitamin supplement tablets (with no calories).

I started on July 22nd.

2. Google
    Day 3

Got up and immediately felt faint. Felt faint whenever I got up and started moving around, almost losing consciousness. But eventually it went away. It is the middle of the night and I felt my stomach growl. I feel really empty. Feels good. Was walking around a lot today and am in pain. Went to the beach, didn't do anything. Didn't get into any accidents or faint while crossing any intersections. Took some "Men's One Daily" vitamins earlier in the day. Drank a lot of mineral water.

Please avoid driving anywhere while you are trying this. While I do not support this in any way, shape, or form..we don't want you to risk injury or death any more than you already are.

This is the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in my life. Mineral water is a scam. At least eat freaking vegetables if you're going to do something like this.

Getting Sexy With Slimming World!

Quote Originally Posted by NedoCTB View Post
    This is the most idiotic thing I've ever seen in my life. Mineral water is a scam. At least eat freaking vegetables if you're going to do something like this.
    this

Quote Originally Posted by Sunflower View Post
    and this...

this is just a bad idea yet you refuse to listen to anyone...

I am sorry to say this, but is this a joke?. All you are doing is damaging your body.

Quote Originally Posted by ranjan View Post
    I am sorry to say this, but is this a joke?. All you are doing is damaging your body.
    unfortunately it's not. He had a whole thread trying to argue with everyone that it's a good idea for him to try it...

You do realize there's a minimum requirement for various nutrients, vitamins and minerals that are essential - meaning they must be obtained from external sources. Your body cannot make them on its own.

But while you're at it... you might as well drain the oil out of your engine and start driving around with it empty.

Tell me how you make out.

Day 3 and he's already feeling like he's going to faint.

No, I just drink the mineral water because that's what we have around the house. And if this does fail, then I'm just going to go back to diet and excercise. At least I'll know the limit of my body and the minimum I can eat. Maybe I'll try eating only vegetables afterwards if this doesn't work.

Day 4

No more fainting. Going to drink some Earl Grey Tea now (without sugar).

[edit] Felt faint again after getting up from chair and bed.
    Last edited by ppf; July 26th, 2010 at 01:14 PM.

Working as a construction worker would also be dangerous while feeling faint, or going up stairs at the mall.

I would like to know how much you weigh?

If you are severely obese, yes you might make it. Otherwise I am afraid you will not make it to 40 days, you will not have enough food reserve, and begin to lose essential muscle.

Please note, i do not support this in any way.

While historically speaking the most long lived people (as far as societies as a whole go.) systematically under ate or fasted several times in their lifes you should really take in account the angles you are doing this from.

1. You never fasted before.

2. You could be overweight (considering you are on this forum im assuming you are.), diabetic, or some have some dormant electrolyte deficiency this fast could exaggerate and you could hurt yourself or even die.

3. Most of these fasting societies lives stopped with their fasts by which I mean when A farmer fasted he didn't continue to farm everyday, Im assuming you are going to go on with life as normal, which might also lead to disaster.

As someone that is pro-fasting (granted you are educated on it and in the shape to do so.) I suggest you stop what you PERSONALLY are doing and read everything you can find on water fasts, or at the very least lower it, to a 7-10 day fast, then slowly work your way up too 40 days if you are really that dead set on doing it one day.

Also, once you start eating again (and i assume you will), you will gain weight extremely quickly, and likely have extreme difficulty losing weight in the future. Any calories you eat your body will hold onto.

Of course, this is assuming you are actually doing this fast, which I somewhat doubt.