Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How to Lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks With Simple Diet Menu

If you are looking for the easy way to lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks , here is the simple diet menu that you can follow easily.

Day 1
    Breakfast: Tea or coffee without any sugar.
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with boiled vegetable.
    Dinner: Steak with french dressing salad and fruit.

Day 2
    Breakfast: Tea or coffee without any sugar and 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
    Lunch: Steak or pork chop with french dressing salad and fruit.
    Dinner: Ham slice in appropriately amount.

Day 3
    Breakfast: Tea or coffee without any sugar and 2 slice of whole wheat bread.
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with french dressing salad and boiled carrot.

Day 4
    Breakfast: Tea or coffee without any sugar and 1 slice of whole wheat bread.
    Lunch: 1 boiled eggs with boiled carrot.
    Dinner: Fruit and natural yoghurt.

Day 5
    Lunch: Grilled fish with boiled vegetable.
    Dinner: Steak with french dressing salad.

Day 6
    Lunch: Grilled skinless chicken breast.
    Dinner: 2 boiled eggs with boiled carrot.

Day 7
    Breakfast: Coffee or lemon tea without any sugar.
    Lunch: Fruit in appropriately amount.
    Dinner: Anything you want in appropriately amount.

Day 8 to 14: Repeat day 1 to 7 again.

This diet menu was work well for me, I can lose 20 Pounds in 2 Weeks. However, if you want to lose your weight in a short period like this, you must strictly eat follow the menu without alcohol or any soft drink.

good luck
    baker

2. Google
    wow, looks EXTREMELY low in cals and very unhealthy. You're leaving out TONS of vital nutriants. I would never encourage this type of diet.

If you lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks, you just got dehydrated and lost stomach contents. (Unless in addition to that diet you also worked out all day every day.)

A pound is 3500 calories, the average person will burn about 2000 calories a day. If you eat NOTHING at all, you can only lose 28,000 calories in 2 weeks and that equals 8 pounds. (And not all of that will be fat, you'll be losing lean body tissue as well.)

To lose 20 pounds a week, you'd need to burn 3000 calories a day by exercising in addition to eating NOTHING, which an be achieved by for example jogging for 4-5 hours a day every day. And I doubt you did that.

Since you ate more than 0 calories, you would have had to work out even longer than that. Otherwise you likely just lost water weight and the stuff in your bowels.

Sorry to disappoint, but why would you want to lose weight that fast anyway? Not only is it unhealthy, but it also has a high chance of giving you loose skin.

the average [140-150 pound] person will burn about 2000 calories a day.
    Just fixing your statement for ya. I eat 2500-3000 calories a day to lose 3lbs per week. That means my body actually burns 4000-4500 calories per day. I of course am not an "average person", but 140-150 might be average only for a young woman or teenage boy.

I agree that there is no way the OP lost 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks with the listed diet, but just be careful with statemtents like the one I quoted - might give some people the wrong idea.

Mmmm everyone's favourite dinner but only in appropriately amount, right?

Dinner: Anything you want in appropriately amount.
    Anything I want in appropriately amount?! Wow this diet is luxurious.

But seriously: this is a really low calorie, really ill advised and really unappealing meal plan.
    Last edited by Holly88; August 2nd, 2010 at 07:59 PM.

While not something I would recommend and clearly lacking, this diet isn't the worst I've seen posted. It may or may not be low calorie, depending on the quantities eaten. Its got plenty of nice protein sources, and lots of veggies and some fruit. Actually, take away the bread and fruit and it sort of resembles a PSMF diet. The OP could definitely do worse, but he could do a lot better as well.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR1984 View Post
    Just fixing your statement for ya. I eat 2500-3000 calories a day to lose 3lbs per week. That means my body actually burns 4000-4500 calories per day. I of course am not an "average person", but 140-150 might be average only for a young woman or teenage boy.

I agree that there is no way the OP lost 20lbs of fat in 2 weeks with the listed diet, but just be careful with statemtents like the one I quoted - might give some people the wrong idea.
    I am 190 lbs, my sedentary lifestyle calories is 1940 a day. When I was 225 lbs it was 2125. At my goal weight of 130 it would be something like 1600 a day. Obviously working out would change that, but unless a person is able to work out hardcore for long periods of time it's hard to lose a lot of calories working out.

If I were 300 pounds, it would be 2530 calories a day. If I were 400 pounds it would be 3000 calories a day.

If I were a 6'5" 25 year old male at 400 lbs it would be 3500 calories a day.

According to this website anyway http://caloriecount.about.com/cc/calories-burned.php

Do you work out a lot to lose as much as you do?
    Last edited by biggestloser105; August 2nd, 2010 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MAR1984 View Post
    While not something I would recommend and clearly lacking, this diet isn't the worst I've seen posted. It may or may not be low calorie, depending on the quantities eaten. Its got plenty of nice protein sources, and lots of veggies and some fruit. Actually, take away the bread and fruit and it sort of resembles a PSMF diet. The OP could definitely do worse, but he could do a lot better as well.
    While I agree that there are worse diets out there....i'd have to disagree that this diet is anything we should encourage. He is NOT suggesting "lots" of fruits and veggies...I only see ONE serving of fruits and veggies a day. ONE. Not lots.

Day 1
    Lunch: 2 boiled eggs with boiled vegetable.
    Dinner: Steak with french dressing salad and fruit.

So, before dinner, its ok to consume ONLY some coffee, 2 eggs and a serving of veggies?? I dont' think it is. Not by a long shot.

How many calories are in a cup of coffee??? Anythign worth mentioning?? Ok, so 2 eggs= what? 140 cals? Veggies are what?? 100 maybe?
    Steak, 300? fruit 100? The salad with french dressing is the only other thing that MIGHT have any decent cals and thats b/c French dressing is VERY high in fat. And it also depends on if this salad is just lettuce or it it contains other healthy foods.

Day 6
    Lunch: Grilled skinless chicken breast.
    Dinner: 2 boiled eggs with boiled carrot.

Again...how man cals can be in tea or coffee??? Grilled chicken is a whopping 100-150 cals? 2 eggs=140 cals carrots, 100 MAYBE? That day is a whole 400 calories??

There is really no point to posting this diet. Sure, you will lose weigh on it, since you are not eating nearly enough calories. However as others pointed out you are lacking in many essential nutrients. It certainly is NOT an easy way to lose weight, I think i'd go bonkers following that diet.

Plus you can't strictly follow a menu which has no portions mentioned. Saying "appropriate amount" doesn't help anyone.

I personally feel no good will come of this thread.

I agree Shy and I"m sure its a matter of time till it gets shut down?

Especially in light of that news story about a woman who died after 11 weeks on a 500 cal/day diet.

Maybe something like this is worth doing for a week to kick start your weight loss, especially if you're bloated and have been overeating so much that your body can't handle it but long term it just seems silly and dangerous.

A lot of misinformation here. First of all, let's set the record straight that human beings do NOT need as many calories as we have been programmed into believing. Medical and scientific studies have shown time and time again that low and restrictive calorie diets have lead to longer life spans.

We, especially the American culture, have been conditioned to eat. "Three meals a day" - "several small meals a day" - we eat for comfort, we eat because we're bored, we eat for no reason...

We eat the same as "we" did back in the 1800's when Ma and Pa were up before the sun pushing a plow behind a mule for 12 hours a day. NOW - we shove endless amounts of calories into our face-holes and sit behind computers, sit on the couch, and make excuses why we're watching American Idol instead being at the gym.

Most people in the country are over weight because the average American consumes some 4000 to 6000 calories a day. The mere suggestion that we don't eat as much or the very suggestion of reducing caloric intake to levels below 2000 or more bring about criticism from those who have zero medical medical training, zero solid knowledge of physiology, or any solid background in cellular respiration (creating ATP, for example). No, you got your "wisdom" from a magazine, or some twit fitness instructor who got their certication via corrispondance course...

Read these and stop knocking low calorie diets... educate yourselves with some thing other "Fitness Magazine" and "Cosmo."

Eat to live, do not live to eat - a suggestion most plump Americans will attack.

I find your post to be rather aggressive and a little confusing....

Quote Originally Posted by diekan View Post
    A lot of misinformation here. First of all, let's set the record straight that human beings do NOT need as many calories as we have been programmed into believing. Medical and scientific studies have shown time and time again that low and restrictive calorie diets have lead to longer life spans.

I dont' think anyones been programmed into thinking we need lots of cals to survive. More than 400 or so cals as the OP suggests. But no one that I ever met believes we have to eat a few thousand cals.

we eat for comfort, we eat because we're bored, we eat for no reason...

...agreed!

Most people in the country are over weight because the average American consumes some 4000 to 6000 calories a day.

I really would like to know where you get your numbers, 6000 cals a day?? No, the AVERAGE person is NOT comsuing 4000 to 6000 cals.

Read these and stop knocking low calorie diets... educate yourselves with some thing other "Fitness Magazine" and "Cosmo."

Eat to live, do not live to eat - a suggestion most plump Americans will attack.

Again, I dont' think anyone will disagree with your quote. I think most plump americans probably know exactly why they're overweight and want to stop. No one who is consuming any 6000 cals sits back and says "eh, you health people are crazy" they KNOW they have a problem. Its much like being an alcoholic, food can be addictive.

The difference is between reducing calories and 'low' calorie. Often, a low calorie diet is too low by even medical standards. We do not support these diets without medical supervision.

balanced diet plus exercise. that works for me