preperation H for tightening up skin o.o

Sooo today at the salon one of my clients came in and i was talking to her about working out eating better and i mentioned i was shalacking my skin after every show with cocobutter with vitamin E in it, shes like well you could do preperation H it'll shrink it up atleast the loose skin o.o, then we had some laughs cause she said jokingly my arms would shrink up and i go "and ill look like a t-rex right, i hope so" and i pulled my arms into my body and acted like i had nubby arms pretty much trying to cut her hair, we were uhm pretty much dying with laughter, but on a more serious questioning note, uhm will it work for like the skin under your arms or just loose skin in general to help tighten it up give it that lil boost :]

2. Google
    It does work with small areas, after all, that's what the stuff is made for. Like, if your eyes are puffy after a night out and not enough sleep, some Preparation H can help with that.

On large areas? Nope. Doesn't work that way. Plus, the effect is temporary anyway, so even if it did work, after a few hours it would all go back to the old state anyway.

Just imagine if DID work though....I'd have a bathtub full of preparation H.....

Does Cocoa Butter work with firming your skin then? I used to use it when I was younger to get rid of acne scarring (gross, I know) so I know it can be used for stretchmarks, but does it help firm the skin as well?

Quote Originally Posted by sushigirl View Post
    Does Cocoa Butter work with firming your skin then? I used to use it when I was younger to get rid of acne scarring (gross, I know) so I know it can be used for stretchmarks, but does it help firm the skin as well?
    im curious about that as well, i do know its tons of factors when you lose weight to help the skin shrink back up such as age, the elasticity of the skin, how well you stay hydrated, so many things, here is something i read on a website just natural ways to help it along

1Think of how long it took your body to reach your highest weight. It didn't happen overnight, so you can't really expect your skin to become taut in such a short space of time.

Many surgeons recommend waiting two years from the day you reach your weight loss target before even considering surgery. This allows you to exhaust all options available naturally before entering into a costly and potential dangerous operation.

2Nourish your skin and encourage it's elasticity. Exfoliate your skin daily to encourage removal of dead skin cells. Doing this each day will stimulate your skin's circulation which should help in tightening skin up.
    Treat yourself to a hot hour-long bath once or twice a week. While the bath is being drawn, add 1/2lb of pure sea salt to the water and allow it to dissolve. Besides relaxing your body and muscles, it will draw toxins out of your skin and will improve your overall skin tone.
    Determine what your body fat percentage is. It's impossible to differentiate loose skin from body fat without this figure. Many gyms are able to assess your body for this.
    While you may have reached your goal weight, it's possible that your body fat percentage is still high. In order to reduce this, you should strive to change your body's composition by reducing fat and replacing it with muscle. If you haven't done so already, speak to a gym or a personal trainer to work on an exercise plan which will help you achieve this.
    Aloe vera extract, soy protein and yeast extract can improve your skin's elasticity by increasing your body's production of elastin and collagen. It not only tightens your skin but your skin's natural defenses as well.

Coconuts can help tighten your skin up!
    Eating raw food such as cucumber, tomato, olives and coconut can mark an improvement in your skin's elasticity.
    Hyaluronic Acid is naturally found in our body's tissues. It depletes over time, so it's worth supplementing your diet with some. It is critical for muscle growth, so if you're replacing pounds of fat with muscle, it's definitely worth taking. Smokers tend to be lacking this nutrient. It needs magnesium to synthesize, so ensure you're taking magnesium daily to reap its benefits.

I personally as far as the exfoliation goes, i use a sugar scrub i get from the salon i work at, i know some drug stores sell them too make sure it feels super gritty plus your hands and other places you put it on feel so soft and look soft afterwards, i use it in the shower while im conditioning . then i personally rub down with cocobutter i use the vasaline brand that has vitamin E in it, i like it pretty good and i really try and massage my belly upper arms breast my legs and even my toosh to make sure all those spots are hopefully going to shrink/get rid of cellulite, and fade the stretch marks, i mean idk what else to do personally or if i need to do other things to make sure everything just goes back where it should be

For a sugar rub I just use household sugar and some cooking oil. Scrub (don't apply too much pressure though), then rinse off and apply your favourite lotion. I do it regularly with my hands, works miracles, at least for me.

Quote Originally Posted by San View Post
    For a sugar rub I just use household sugar and some cooking oil. Scrub (don't apply too much pressure though), then rinse off and apply your favourite lotion. I do it regularly with my hands, works miracles, at least for me.
    my coworker says she does that with extra virgin olive oil, me personally i feel like the oil may leave a residue on the skin like a fresh waxed car the water just beads off of you lol, i may try it on my hands one day to see how it feels but i dont wanna put it on my body yet just incase of that effect

You guys should all visit makeupalley.com as they have loads of info on the forums about this stuff. Also basicskincare is another good well reputed forum worth a visit for advice.

As far as lose skin goes, prevention is better then cure: wear SPF and if you think its too late, I have news for you: it can get worse! Start wearing SPF now!!

Cleansing your face will also make a difference: exfoliate once to twice a week. This releases dirt from your skin and exfoliation from your pores. Tiny amounts of dirt will get trapped in the skin and pores and stretch them and so contribute towards again which is why its important to cleanse properly.

Toning increases the effiectivity of cleansing. It not only gets rid of any leftover dirt it also gets rid of any residue left from the cleanser. Residue can be drying and cause fine lines as a result. (A toner is best used after cleansing and before a serum and/or moisturising, its the stuff normally applied with cotton wool).

Treatment serums then are best applied, tapping it in to your skin and rubbing lightly as dragging can cause fine lines.

Eye creams! They do work!! They are great for depuffing and same as before, stuffing the skin with dirt or filling the thinner areas with products which are too dense for them will enlarge the pores and contribute towards stretching the skin. Use a dedicated eye cream.

Moisturiser. Dense at night, mild in the day. SPF separate from moisturiser as the moisturisers with SPF in are no way enough: you need a shot glass full of SPF for your face and neck just to get the correct coverage. If you used a shot glass of moisturiser every application, you'd be buying a new pot every day! (Most pots are 50mls).

Apply your SPF after your moisturiser once its dry. Even if its cloudy you will still need it. If your out all day, you will need to reapply your SPF after a few hours (will say on the bottle) if you have fair skin for example, you are given about 15 mins before getting sun damage. If you wear SPF 20, this means yu can last 15 minutes x 20. Work out what factor you need also make sure it covers both UVA and UVB rays. One form gives you signs of aging, the other causes cancer. You need both to protect you.

And as always, make sure you wash your face thoroughly and tone afterwards before going to bed. Very important!