Question cinnamon + honey question...

hello everyone, i'm new here and i have a question. i know that lots of people use the drink made when adding cinnamon and honey to water in order to lose weight, but this is quite a lot of hassle for me, as i have a very busy lifestyle - i can make time for it, however, but i was wondering if i couldn't just eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon then a teaspoon of honey? would it make any actual difference? or do i NEED to make the drink in order to get the benefits?

2. Google
    I'm not familiar with this drink. Why exactly would this help you lose weight? I know honey helps with digestion...

----Updated----
    I went out and found this:
    Honey and cinnamon: Another useful recipe is cinnamon powder with honey and warm water. Take one tablespoon of cinnamon power, one tablespoon of honey and one cup of warm water, mix the ingredients properly and drink this mixture empty stomach. It is not clear how this mixture helps in weight loss; however, many people claim to have derived benefits from its regular consumption.

Honey also improves your digestion and thus helps in weight loss. Hence honey is also consumed after dinner especially after overeating.

Google brought up links about "the honey fast", "honey and lemon juice" and "honey detox".

...I still don't know the answer to your question but I wanted to post what I read about the drink you're talking about so others will know. I hadn't heard of this before.
    Last edited by Emerald; December 8th, 2010 at 03:25 AM.

I think to be honest this is another one of those old wives tales, it will do nothing for your weight loss.
    hot drinks however in general can help you feel 'full' , which may be in part the basis for it all.

Quote Originally Posted by tomothy94 View Post
    hello everyone, i'm new here and i have a question. i know that lots of people use the drink made when adding cinnamon and honey to water in order to lose weight, but this is quite a lot of hassle for me, as i have a very busy lifestyle - i can make time for it, however, but i was wondering if i couldn't just eat half a teaspoon of cinnamon then a teaspoon of honey? would it make any actual difference? or do i NEED to make the drink in order to get the benefits?
    ...Have you ever heard of the cinnamon challenge? DON'T DO IT!