Page 1 of 55 123451151 ... LastLast

Love my hubby...but would love to turn a head or two again....

"I remember back in the day when I was "hot" and it wasn't because I was fat and it was summer" ~Me

Hi everyone..so here I am for all the right reasons...health...energy...overall wellness in body and soul!!

...but if we are being completely honest...I miss being cute!!! I miss driving in a a shinning and clean car...and turning a few heads...I miss getting an extra glance from the waiter..or a little flirt from a clerk.

...now lets get something clear...I am maddeningly in love with my husband...I mean like over the top...we have the most affectionate, caring and physical relationship that most dream of...I am actually missing him as I type and he is only at work..that is how much I love him.

...but again I miss knowing that I am still wanted..does that make sense.... :P

So join me in my random rants as I start this crazy trip down the weight loss highway..and hopefully I won't have to many major wrecks on the way

So some stats to start..I am 5'3 and my starting weight was 220...I am currently 5'3 (for some reason I don't gain height? ) and 197.2....I will be celebrating the 8th anniversary of my 30th bday in Feb and I am a mom of two teenager boys 15 and 14.

-Tetemcg

Photo update June 25th at 195 pounds.

Last edited by tetemcg; July 26th, 2011 at 08:08 AM. Reason: My baby boy had bday..updated age.

2. Google
    I know exactly what you mean! There's nothing wrong with feeling sexy :P. To be honest, that's kind of what I'm doing.

So what are your goals and how to plan to get to them? Any diet plans or workout plans?

This is a great community so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Looks like you've started pretty well, losing 20+ pounds already, let's keep that going!

I totally feel your pain.

I miss that feeling too.....

Just be strong, dont give up and push forward and before you know it not one or two heads will turn.....many many more than that

Quote Originally Posted by Snezy View Post
    I know exactly what you mean! There's nothing wrong with feeling sexy :P. To be honest, that's kind of what I'm doing.

So what are your goals and how to plan to get to them? Any diet plans or workout plans?

This is a great community so don't be afraid to ask for help.

Looks like you've started pretty well, losing 20+ pounds already, let's keep that going!
    Snezy-

My short term goal is 175 by Nov 1st...we leave November 4th for a cruise so it is a big reward for myself...long term I want to be 135-145 range by next summer..even tho I am short...I have a traditional hour glass shape so I actually look pretty good at that weight...versus the lower end of my BMI...of 115 to 125.

Looking at past cruise pics all I ever saw was me hiding behind my sons in pics and wearing black...well I no longer have a choice to stand in front since they both tower over me and I want to wear colors and prints!! Cruises are about life...not looking like I am attending a funeral! lol

I am using a BODYBUGG and 3 to 4 days a week of 60 minutes of cardio (ZUMBA..LESLIE SANSONE and walking the local track)..with some light weight training mixed in.

I use the SPARKSPEOPLE food app for my Driod and stay in 1200 to 1550 range in calories...with a "cheat" day once or twice a week. I have personally noticed that the cheat days help...I guess I do a modified ZIG_ZAG diet...just that mine is not crazy low cal restrictive...I personally like low and high days..seems work well for me so far...plus I get some treats and can feel ok about it.

So thats about it...so far... ...

Quote Originally Posted by NeverGiveUp View Post
    I totally feel your pain.

I miss that feeling too.....

Just be strong, dont give up and push forward and before you know it not one or two heads will turn.....many many more than that

Thanks NeverGiveUp...I really hope this is for real this time..maybe this forum is what I need.

Well done on the weight you've lost so far! You look great, and there is a huge difference. Bet your getting loads of compliments

I am completely with you! Its horrible feeling invisible. I mean, when I go out blokes hardly ever try to chat me up any more! My bf is usually with me, so it should be a relief not to get chatted up (and him getting the hump because of it), but it really isn't. No beeps from cars. Hardly any sex with my bf, who i know just doesn't fancy me no matter what he says. It sucks a bit really. And I think that the slightly gloomy feeling you get when you feel like that is no good at all.

The cruise is a great mini goal! Sorta similar to me, I imagine at the end of my ticker there is a tropical beach, and i am sunning myself on it Which is wht is going to happen without a doubt.

And I am so glad your not wearing all black any more! I think that if you are overweight, you will look overweight in whatever the hell you are wearing! Wearing nice clothes makes you feel goooooood, I'm glad your not denying that! I love your outfit with the leopard print top btw. x
    Last edited by overtherainbow; June 19th, 2011 at 05:05 AM.

overtherainbow...that's the feeling exactly ...INVISIBLE! and it sucks!

I did notice the other day and even told my hubby about it (who didn't like it...but "got" it why it made me smile...lol) ...I got a second glance from a construction worker..you would have thought it was a movie star..the way it made me happy...omg..how sad..haha

Sorry about that part of your BF and yours relationship....I actually think that the fact the my hubby has never stopped wanted me...contributed in small way to me really never trying to keep the weight off...I never felt neglected or lacked anything in the physical department...actual I have noticed an increase in my own "libido" since losing the 20 pounds...so the benefits to losing weight are multiple...and he isn't complaining...lol

Sodium!!

I have a confession....I love love love...Lipton Ring 'O Noodle Soup...its low in calories...low in fat...carbs are on an ok level...but the SODIUM is like 10x the daily recommended amount...but I love its salty goodness...is so soothing and yummy and fast.

What I hate about it is...it makes me blow up like a balloon...I easily gain 3 pounds in water weight after eating a bowl...

I find that I am super sensitive to salt in general..any one else? Does it seem to not affect you as much as you lose more weight or is this just the way it is?

welcome!I totaly understand you
    I myself started my diet because of a night out with my husband and friends and i realized i too was invisible....im explaining the whole thing in my journal.\So yes it does make sense to love your husband but also need to know your sexy and people SEE that on you.
    You look so much better, and there a big difference.Keep up your good work and youll get there in no time!This place is helping me so much staying on my diet, so try to post everyday and remember that you CAN do this!!!!!(keep taking pics so you can see the small changes and stay motivated!)

I've been up since 8am and ate basically nothing (a granola bar at 1pm) until 40 minutes ago..then I ate my calorie allowance for the day....why do I do this to myself on the weekends...we rush and run around and I end up eating one massive meal instead of 6 small ones....I need to slow down and eat properly!....well off to ZUMBA hopefully that kick starts my metabolism ..because I did nothing to fire it up today!

Well I hope all the Dads out there had a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by jasper View Post
    welcome!I totaly understand you
    I myself started my diet because of a night out with my husband and friends and i realized i too was invisible....im explaining the whole thing in my journal.\So yes it does make sense to love your husband but also need to know your sexy and people SEE that on you.
    You look so much better, and there a big difference.Keep up your good work and youll get there in no time!This place is helping me so much staying on my diet, so try to post everyday and remember that you CAN do this!!!!!(keep taking pics so you can see the small changes and stay motivated!)
    When I catch a moment today..Im gonna start reading your diary...I am so glad that others get what I am feeling

When you feel sexy, you are sexy whatever your weight I think, but sometimes it is bloody impossible too feel like it if you don't like your body.

I'm glad your getting jiggy loads Dedicate a shag to me lol!

I've been on this dieting merry-go-round before, I lost over three stone, kept it off for ages before putting it back on. The first time I read a lot about how having small and frequent meals keeps your metabolism fired up, and your blood sugars level, and thats what I did. I wrote down the times of my food and took it v seriously, but recently I've found out that eating larger meals less frequently doesn't actually make you gain weight.... Eating More Meals Does NOT Speed Up Your Metabolism | The IF Life Keep doing what your doing if its working for you, I don't mean to put you off as you have already lost loadsa weight (and i lost loadsa weight doing the same thing), but just thought I'd let you know that today is fiiiiiiiiine! I had a bit of a similar day myself actually... all I've really eaten is a roast dinner and chocolate cake. Still only 1550sh cals tho! Woohooooo!

Its official- everyone but me is doing Zumba!

Thanks for the article/link...overtherainbow

So its Tuesday and I really have nothing to say...haha...when to Zumba and gave about 75% effort...Only burned 400 calories...instead of my usual 600ish...I had this horrible gas pain all day under my bra line and ribs...ate some bing cherries at break..wonder if that was the culprit.

I really would love to be 195.2ish by Saturday...I was 197.2 on Sunday...I am so hoping to be 25lbs down by the first Wedding of the season for us..its one of those summers! lol.

I am having a fat week...I don't mean in weight..I mean I feel fat..bloated...and yucky...I wonder if TOM is here...I had a hysterectomy in Feb '10 and I still have my ovary's...but I have no idea...if it could be that time of the month.

Today's Stats as of 9:43pm:
    2262 Calories burned.
    1457 Calories consumed.
    805 DEFICIT FOR THE DAY

im sure you're gonna feel better and the bloating feeling will go away!
    I do zumba aswell!i've got the dvd.I\ve stopped lately cause i'm lazy and just go on my bike but i've got it in mind to start again.its fun!

Keep up the good work, you look stunning anyway to be honest - so fast forward to when you reach your goal and you will be a real hottie!