Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks!

Slowly it is getting strange. I am one step at a time getting a shape! The weirdest part is looking at the before pics right now. While I am not yet even close to where I want to be, the point A to point B difference is astonishing. Looking at those first pics, it still really doesn't make sense as to how I got there and either didn't notice or chose to sweep it under the carpet.

I crushed it this week, all in due time!

2. Google
    Haven't posted a in somewhat new clothes pic recently so, here it is.

Well, while I never lost the fire or motivation, but we all know it can wane. Mine moves in waves BUT I have had a fire lit under me over the last 2 days.

My grandfather went into the hospital 2 days ago with a 105+ fever, trouble breathing, etc. We all know that pneumonia is an "old persons friend".

I haven't spoken or seen my grandfather in years almost 5 years if not a little longer. Him and I never saw eye to eye as I was growing up(he lived with us) and that made it hard. I went to see him the night he went into emergency. He has severe alzheimers, dementia, had multiple strokes, etc and I didn't know how much he would actually remember me. He also has severe diabetes, high blood pressure, and has had several "smaller" heart attacks.

His resting heart rate is currently about 130-145. That is terrifying.

At first he didn't recognize me. I expected it as it is the nature of the beast but until you have actually experienced the disease, experienced someone you have known since you were born not be able to recognize you by face....it just doesn't land at your doorstep. It doesn't hit home. He wanted to remember, his face was....unforgettable. I identified myself to jog his memory and luckily, he still has SOME long term memory. I imagine he remembers me as a kid as he seemed very confused. It's only been 5 years, but 5 years is an eternity to remember when you have minimal to no memory. He got very teary. He didn't talk much but my dad and I spent about 30 minutes just talking to him about all sorts of things. As we were wrapping up, he made a comment about being surprised people cared about him. I told him then and there, " While we may have never seen eye to eye, you will always be my grandpa". He tried to sit up to give me a hug. Obviously in his state, that is not really feasible. My dad and I asked him if he wanted us to adjust his bed and he wanted to sit up. The mattress on the bed had slid down so to sit him up, we had to slide him up about a foot. He currently weighs almost 350lbs and while we were able to move him as the 2 of us, it was VERY difficult.

I didn't realize how bad he actually was until the other night. While moving him I caught a glance at his legs and feet. Because of his circulation issues and diabetes, his legs and feet are dying. I have never seen anything like it and to be honest, don't really have words to describe them. At one point, the diabetes was manageable. He did nothing about it. He ate what he wanted, doctors are quacks, etc. It saddened me to not just see him in this state, but to know it was at one point preventable. My grandfather is 79 years old and due to life choices, the brain and body are prematurely failing. I don't even know if he will see his 80th birthday.

Seeing him like this and knowing how much was preventable for sure put a light under my rear. That wasn't the only thing though.

I was cutting my Dad's hair for him last night and we were just chatting about all sorts of stuff including my weight loss. I know he is proud of me and considering how I was as a teen, it means a lot to hear how proud he is. One comment in particular though during the conversation landed as a bullseye. It wasn't meant to be negative but it showed me a little of where my past defeatist attitude has come from. In talking I had mentioned something about looking forward to the day that I have pecs, not man boobs. His response was something like "Oh, this family will always have man boobs". That stuck. It was the gasoline to the spark that was lit by seeing my grandfather.

I am 233.1lbs now, down from 308.6. I started 269 days ago. I'm gonna kill it. These next ~25lbs to my -100lbs mark....they are already gone in my mind.

I think I finally found my real fire. When I look at what I have done with a smolder, it is both exciting and terrifying to see what I can do with a FIRE.

I think I will try and get a pic in the next few days. I am ALMOST under 230. I bought size 34 jeans yesterday. That means 44/46 down to 34/36. I feel great. I am running my 5k in 4 days. Holy SH!T. 4. DAYS.

Hey man, just had a quick look...gotta say, great work. Looks like your really motivated. Great results so far!

I started exercising ect. about 2 and a half months ago, and have lost a bit - I was 137 Kgs and am down about 12 atm, (about 25lbs I think?)

Would like to lose about 15-20lbs before christmas - I bought some size 36 jeans that JUST fit, but would like to be able to wear them some

time over the break, in a more comfortable manner.

Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in on your updates from now on!

Originally Posted by VinceVega

Hey man, just had a quick look...gotta say, great work. Looks like your really motivated. Great results so far!

I started exercising ect. about 2 and a half months ago, and have lost a bit - I was 137 Kgs and am down about 12 atm, (about 25lbs I think?)

Would like to lose about 15-20lbs before christmas - I bought some size 36 jeans that JUST fit, but would like to be able to wear them some

time over the break, in a more comfortable manner.

Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in on your updates from now on!

Thanks for your kind words! 15-20 by xmas is totally doable if you put your mind to it. ~5 weeks so that's....say 3lbs a week gives you your 15. You got it Today will be a day of self control for me. We have 3...count them 3 Thanksgiving dinners. I hit the gym HARD already this morning so I am enter my food coma day already at about 1000-1500 cal deficit. Not going to let the holidays set me back. I broke into the 220's the other day, ringing in at 228. LESS THAN 20 LBS TO MY 100LB LOSS MARK!

Something I have noticed too, at my lightest(188 junior year of highschool) I was wearing 36's. It's really interesting to see how the muscle density changes body shape because @228 I am in 36/34's I HAVE A SHAPE. I always said underneath it all I was built like a bulldog. It's just finding that bulldog that's the hard part!

For those celebrating eat until you explode day,
    Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy the day but don't let it set you back!

So, I accomplished a huge goal this last weekend. I ran my first ever 5k two days after thanksgiving. I was excited but also terrified. My little sister and her boyfriend came to run with me. It felt like the entire thing was uphill! I had no idea how long I had been at it, all I knew was I was coming up to the finish line. My sister ran back and met me about 3/10ths of a mile from the finish. To be completely honest, I had forgotten about my overall time goal. I was tired, but knew I was going to finish.

To my left, I heard my sister shout "come on, bring it in under 40 minutes!" Suddenly I remembered MY personal time goal set by my buddy at work(under 45 and he buys me lunch this week). I didn't know I had whatever gear I found but NEVER have I run so hard. Not going to lie, things were a bit fuzzy for a few seconds after I crossed the line and I am about 99% certain I had to swallow my breakfast BUT I did it.

9 months ago(2/16/12), I weighed 308.6lbs. On 11/24/12, I completed my first ever 5k in 39:41 @~228lbs.

I have no words to describe the actual feeling I had crossing that line.

I would be willing to bet the last time I wore a goofy grin like I did on Saturday was somewhere as a teenager fumbling around with bra straps for the first time.

Woooooo !!! You must be proud of you ! We feel that you take better care of you , yours clothes etc ... It's by the way you reach your goal !

You started in a bad side = 308 lb! And now you look so great ! We know that some , or a lot of time it's hard , but you do great : only 9 months !!!!!!!!!!!

CONGRATULATION !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Awesome effort bro! 5k under 40..epic

When's the half marathon :P

Thanks all! @half marathon I don't know yet My end game is to participate in Tough Mudder. All I'm saying is I set the bar in my mind wicked high. While I am well aware I am a few years out most likely, I see it.

One of these days I will compile my comparisons in one place. I found some pics from July of '11 and I might have actually even been bigger than I originally thought. I thought I uploaded them to photobucket last night to share today but apparently not.

So, in the mean time, an updated face comparison( found some old pics):

Babyface about 4.5 years ago(when I got my current work ID)

Somewhere around Jan '12

6/29/12

7/13/12

11/28/12

Also, gonna throw this out there. I have been fat all my life. I know a ton of people say it, but I came across these the other day. 1st grade picture day.

I think I might actually be smaller than the 4.5 years ago pics I will upload those others I found later. I broke even for Thanksgiving week which was unexpected. Back on track and shooting for 218.6 by xmas.

Dude, reading your posts, especially the one about your grandpa brought tears my eyes.

You're looking great, keep going!

Sign up for a 10k and kick that 10k in the butt! Part of my motivation on a run is knowing that I have the ability TO run and the sheer sense of gratitude that I have legs that will carry me to the finish line. I think about all the overweight people in my family, I love them dearly but they struggle to get up off the couch. I cannot tell them how to live their lives, but I do hope my actions and healthy eating will inspire/encourage them to do something about their habits.

Keep up the good work. You rock!

So I haven't updated in a while.

With the holidays, I had my first major slip in dietary restrictions and to be honest, I probably ate more in 2 weeks than the previous 3 months BUT that hasn't stopped me. I am up a little weight wise but I am pretty sure it is mostly muscle. I'll let you guys decide.

Current pics, weight ~235lbs

DSCN1847.jpgDSCN1848.jpgDSCN1849.jpg

WOW you are doing great! Keep it up

Holy crap, bro. I've been lurking the forums for quite some time and I must say, you are a big inspiration. Your gut vanished and your back folds did too. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Thanks all!

Completed my first set of full bodyweight dips the other day and have quadrupled my number standard pushups I can do. I have never in my life been able to do more than 10 pushups(full form, not on knees) in my life. Next step, pullups :P
    SW: 308.6lbs
    CW: 215.5lbs