Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    While I have no clue what numbers six and seven are supposed to mean, I can vouch for the first five pieces of advice in Khokon's list. They are pretty much exactly what I'm doing, and I'm losing weight and feeling great.

2. Google
    Well, your Mom is right that you can do anything by yourself. Can you please quote down your height and weight? if at all you are overweight or you don't want to be overweight then workout daily along with an healthy diet. Avoid junk food and eat lots of vegetables and fruits. As far as possible try not to eat food rich in fats and for your satisfaction you just find a way to reach an dietician for consultation and get your diet chart prepared and follow it.

I think try to do it yourself first. I'm sure you mom will help and support you.

Considering you're still growing and your nutrient requirements are vastly different from an adult it's very tricky. My advice would be to cut all junk food and sugars. Keep the calories sufficient to keep your development good. You should not be cutting calories at 13...you should be cutting junk food and eating a lot of nutritious calories.

Hi ShadedSock, you are so wise for attempting to get an estimate at your age! Your only thirteen your mother can't and shouldn't expect you to have the knowledge of a doctor and dietician... Sometimes weight issues maybe repressing emotional problems making it difficult to loose weight, maybe find some artilces in regards to this subject to show to your mother?

It's good that your mother loves you. Just make her understand that for beginners like you there are many things need to follow to lose weight otherwise you may face with serious health problems. Go to any good dietitian, consult with him make a good diet plan with regular workouts which will help you to lose weight.

Loosing weight always seems like hard work because that's what we are led to believe by all the marketing out there. Actually, it just boils down to your own mind set. When you put your mind to something and take a blinkered view that you will be successful, the path just unravels itself. The main reason people have issues is purely mindset.
    I can definitely say that hypnotherapy can help with this. It can help cement the idea and everything just falls into place and loosing weight doesn't seem to be a chore or hard work.

I would love to chat with you about what you're currently doing to lose weight. Taking a stand and making a chance now at age 13 is going to absolutely set you up for success in the long run and I am incredibly proud of you for doing that. I am involved with Project 10, and we have helped kids as young as 9 who suffer from obesity have amazing success easily and safely!

You need to have diet program which does not contain much fat and is low-calorie, You should not go without food yourself, but eat sensible food blends at frequent duration of time and monitor your calorie consumption....

<spam removed>
    Last edited by Omega; May 24th, 2013 at 04:18 AM. Reason: <spam removed>

I've been the weight I always wanted to be for 15 years and in hindsight I did everything wrong prior to the last 15 years. I started worrying about my weight when I was your age (13) and took any diet advice on board and this made everything complicated and I gained more weight. I always say now "It took me 10 years to lose 10 pounds" because I thought weight loss had to be hard and complicated. It doesn't!!! When I finally went back to eating 3 meals a day (that included fat to keep me full) and got busy doing the things I loved to do I lost the weight. If you start restricting calories and fat intake etc. your body slows down it's metabolism (Like a bear hibernating) and you gain (store) weight faster because your body is trying to keep you alive. Eat your 3 balanced meals with all the food groups and just make very subtle changes to your diet and you'll that little things make a big difference and you'll discover what you can eat and like to eat and a weight that matches that lifestyle. You have to do things you can do forever in order to find a weight you can keep forever too - but don't do anything dramatically because it will shock your body - just make small changes. It's like if you get up at 6 am one day - 1 am the next day and 9 am the next - your body will be jerked around and you'll feel terrible. Make subtle changes and your body will adjust and you will reach and maintain a healthy weight you are happy about!! Trust me - I went through 10 years of trying to lose weight and thinking it's hard and hating myself for what I thought wasn't discipline - dont' make it hard - just make little changes Kelly

Quote Originally Posted by ShadedSock View Post
    I need some advice. I love my mom and we usually have a good relationship, but when it comes to weight, she just doesn't understand me. I want to go to a doctor to get an average weight estimate for someone who is my age and height, but my mom thinks that you can do everything yourself. She thinks that losing weight should be easy for someone my age, but I struggle so much.
    consult with a dietitian and try to maintain a proper diet chart,include some natural fruits which help to reduce your weight.Garcinia cambogia is the best fruit for weight loss you can include it in you diet chart.

Quote Originally Posted by andyclissa View Post
    Hi Dear,
    Follow this following things and definitely you will feel difference within a week.
    Step 1: Measure your current weight.
    Step 2: Wake up 6 am for a week.
    Step 3: Drink lukewarm water with 2 tea spoon honey.
    Step 4: Make your stomach clear and then go for 1miles fast running divide it in 500-500m's
    Step 5: Take rest and try to being green for one week.

And next Monday you will find a big change.
    There is pretty much nothing in this post that's not nonsense, and/or really bad advice. Well, step 1 might be good, but everything after that is just silly.

Weight Loss at age 13 is a difficult task. You must have diet which doesn't include much fat and have low Calorie. You shouldn't starve yourself, but eat heathy food combinations at regular periods of time and monitor your calories.Make a proper routine including excersise in daily work.

People who choose to reply to this thread should see that the OP has only made this one posting on the forum on 15th August last year and has not made another posting since... I can see that they have not visited the forum since they made this posting on the date that they joined the forum over 11 months ago - despite a number of people having replied to give advice...

I very much doubt whether replies will ever be seen.
    2007 was 294 pounds

Got to goal - but currently a little overweight...

You did not specify your age. But exercise is one option. Simple daily habits such as walking will do. In terms of diet, add healthy foods to your diet in place of the usual junk.