1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70 lbs lost... before and after

Discussion in 'Before & After ... and In-Between' started by NolaRob, Jun 3, 2008.

1. NolaRob

NolaRob Active Member

Hi. I started with Atkins and now have a low glycemic index lifestyle. I do elliptical and weight training. Here are my before and after pics:

[​IMG]
    255 to 200

[​IMG]
    255 to 175

EDIT*****

I found another horrendous before picture...

[​IMG]

I still have a bit of a gut... love handles, muffin top, whatever you want to call it. How do I get rid of that thing?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: May 26, 2010
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. stuco

stuco Active Member

Wow! Way to go. You look fantastic. Just keep at it, that extra skin and fat will eventually go away for the most part. The first place to gain is the last to go and when you gut has been stretched it takes some time go back.

4. Dave1976

Dave1976 New Member

That's a crazy change man. Good job. Like a completely different person. Keep it up.

5. Big-John

Big-John Active Member

Well done Bud.

The last bit takes ages to come off but keep at it.

6. Geovicsha

Geovicsha Well-Known Member

Fantastic work. :) I've got the same problems as you right now, but I guess it will come off eventually.

7. tony1982

tony1982 New Member

You look fantastic! Congrats

8. NolaRob

NolaRob Active Member

Thanks everyone! With the newfound support of this forum, I'm refocused and ready to eliminate the muffin tops! :gnorsi:

9. texanengineer

texanengineer New Member

Wow, now that's some progress. I know what you mean by that little last stubborn bit, I'm also having trouble with it.

10. Camdon

Camdon Active Member

Wow, you look great! Kudos to you :)

11. purpleshirt

purpleshirt Active Member

You look great! You really do look like a different person.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

I said it before and I'll say it again...you've taken years off yourself, literally....inside and out. You look fantastic and have made huge changes.

I've found this forum to be a great source of support and motivation, stick around.....I think you will too.

13. ktjean430

ktjean430 Active Member

YOU LOOK GREAT!!! and where is this "gut" that you are talking about?!!? I SEE IT NO WHERE!!! AWESOME JOB!!!

14. redtruth

redtruth New Member

Great job dude! Sweet! Good for you!

How you lose the rest? You keep losing fat! If you haven't yet I recommend you find out your body percentage and monitor that instead of the scale number. Especially at this stage that you're much leaner. It depends on what you're doing... you up the intensity of your training and it helps greatly with the last few pounds, they're the hardest to get rid off. I'm doing everything to go from 172 to 168 and it's getting tough. Add some HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) to your workouts, go heavier with the weights. Clean your diet even more (that's always possible). Cut down on carbs at night. There are so many things you can do, but the main thing is to keep going. You don't seem like you need anyone's advice though, you could could be giving advice to lots of people out there! But yeah, basically the last few pounds are tough so hang tight. I finally caved in a got myself Hydroxycut to see if that will help me with my last few pounds.

Again, congrats man, incredibly impressive!

15. crain300

crain300 New Member

awesome job , very inspiring

16. magicallythin

magicallythin New Member

Great Job! Congrats!

17. madness

madness Well-Known Member

Great job! New Orleans is to blame for my current weight situation. How in the world did you lose weight in that city!?!? Mmm...fried food and beer....

18. h34vyK1tt13

h34vyK1tt13 Active Member

Wow! You look great!! I bet staying away from all that delicious food is challenging. I'll drive to new orleans just to eat ><. I've skipped school once or twice for cafe du monde and masperos lol I'm just glad gas prices went up.

You are doing very well. Your hard work is definitely showing! Great job!

19. NolaRob

NolaRob Active Member

Yeah the food here does create weight loss issues. It's definitely the reason I was heavy to begin with. There's always some kind of food festival going on and there's also the regular food of course - fried seafood, beignets, pastas... great restaurants like Emeril's, Port O' Call, Paul Prudhomme's restaurant K-Paul's... and then there's the party atmosphere and all the alcohol :willy_nilly:. It's a challenge!

20. ABBAgirl

ABBAgirl Senior

:party: Good on ya, pal! You don't even look like the same person! Fantastic job on the weight loss. YOu must be very determined, so I'm sure you'll also be able to lose the love handles (which I can't see anyways!). Keep up the great work!

ABBA

21. NolaRob

NolaRob Active Member

Oh, they're there... I've taken a couple of pics... maybe I'll grow a pair and get up enough nerve to post it one of these days.

Thank you all for your support!