1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Greek Yogurt

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by LenaMe, May 9, 2009.

1. LenaMe

LenaMe New Member

Has anyone else tried this stuff? I stick with Yage 0%....it's amazing! I had heard awesome things about yogurt in general, but especially Greek yogurt, so naturally I had to try some. Eating it plain is not my cup of tea, but with splenda & or some honey and cinnamon...fruit even...it's amazing! One serving has 120 calories but 15-20g of protein! Anyone seen any benefits from incorporating it into their diet? I think I'm going to try it for awhile. It's a little expensive...but I think it's totally worth it!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cherrygarcia

cherrygarcia Well-Known Member

i haven't bought greek yoghurt but keep seeing it in the store and keep thinking i should try it sometime. otherwise i usually by probiotic yoghurt. hmmm, i am however curious, i just might pick some greek yoghurt next time i'm at the store.

4. Eve

Eve New Member

I really like Chobani Greek yogurt. It's a bit higher in calories than I usually like for a yogurt, but it's delicious.

5. sinui

sinui Active Member

Having a greek mother myself, I've been eating greek yogurt since I was a kid.
    I don't think it makes much difference to normal yogurt (0% fat) when it comes to weight loss but it's creamier/thicker so might make you fuller? I've never really looked at the nutritional values, it's just tasty and low kcal that's all I care about!
    We usually have it with honey, obviously if you diet, you might want to change that!
    Hmmm.. I want some now o_O

6. KaraCooks

KaraCooks Senior

I love Greek yogurt. Fage is my favorite, but any of them are good. Recently I started making my own, which is much less expensive and just as yummy. :)

7. gymchica

gymchica Active Member

I've been adding a little bit of sugar-free pudding mix to my greek yogurt, and it is SOOOO good. I'm actually kind of obsessed....

8. usedtobefatmatt

usedtobefatmatt Senior

X2

This stuff rocks. I usually get the fat free and add almonds. The stuff has 16g of protein.