1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Can Make You Thin with Paul McKenna

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Programs' started by Janey123, Jan 9, 2007.

1. Janey123

Janey123 New Member

Paul McKenna

Is there anyone here who's using the Paul McKenna system? Would be interesting to know if any1 here is giving it a go aswell?

J

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. maleficent

maleficent How about a nice cup of...

Unfamiliar with it but did some googling

It's weight loss thru hypnosis - there's a thread or two here somewehre on it...

I'm guessing that these seminars aren't cheap... I'm not sure that hypnosis totally works - but if you want it to - it probably will short term - there are a bunch of podcasts ouot there -- (one on willpower ) that would probably be just as effective and a lot cheaper :D

4. Janey123

Janey123 New Member

Say No to expensive seminars...lol

I havent done any of the seminars - You can actually do the system through a couple of cheap books and a CD which comes with one of them. It's more of a belief change rather than a diet, training you to eat only when your body tells you that you need to rather than doing the usual "i feel crap/bored/upset therefore I shall eat" (something which I am sure many of us are familiar with)

This is the way that I am trying to lose my exces weight - aswell as going to the gym and generally imporving my wellbeing :)

J

5. maleficent

everything i've read about his system - it's all about hypnosis.. .there's a bunch of free podcasts that do the same thing... if you google weight loss and podcast you'll find a bunch :D

6. Janey123

Janey123 New Member

Hypnosis

Yeah, I've got a few and they all pretty much say the same.

I was just intrigued as to whether other people on here were doing the same thing. :)

J

7. kitechick

kitechick New Member

Just started it 5 days ago - read the book and listened to CD every night & it does make sense. It suggests weighing fortnightly, so we shall see. Not loads of cravings now though for different foods as caan eat what I like until full. Not about hypnosis either - just re programming brain about how it thinks of food. Anyone else doing it out there?:cool:

8. Didacus

Didacus New Member

It worked to me

Hi,

I bought his book. I didn't believe a word of it to be honest but I admit I did buy it hehe. Anyway, I read it all the way and his 4 golden rules worked perfectly to me.

:)

9. CHEZZA69

CHEZZA69 New Member

Hi Eveyone Im New On Here A Good English Rose Looking For Help With My Slimming I Am To Following This Book And Really Hope That It Will Work

10. Mandie

Mandie Active Member

Paul mckenna- I can make you thin??

Hiya everyone, has anybody tried this?? Its a book and CD designed by Paul McKenna..its meant to be good.. just wondered what you all thought??

11. maleficent

there's a thread here: http://weight-loss.fitness.com/weight-loss-programs/8142-paul-mckenna.html
    where it's been discussed

as far as i can tell - it's weight loss thru hypnosis -which i'm sure works for some -but not everyone - an d I'm not sure it' teaches a lifetmes worth of good habits.

you can do some googling on podcasts (that owuld be free) on various weight loss topics that would probably give you the same thing.

I really hate seeing people spend money on quick fix promises... you're a strong young woman, mandie, you can achieve your goals... :)

12. Mandie

Mandie Active Member

Thanx Mal...Im struggling a bit again...feel like Im never gonna be thin..lol. Feel absolutely drained by it all. Im trying to be good...honest...but dam easter and cadburys cream eggs...they are my addiction..and they are everywhere..lol. Been having 2 cream eggs a day...apart from that Ive been healthyish. Ive done loads of horse riding with the weather being nice...so the exercise is going well.

13. maleficent

well then don't deny yourself those cream eggs -you're doing fine - just be patient with yourself.... easter is almost over :D

14. Happychubette

Happychubette Senior

Don't give up. Just keep on trying. This forum is a very good source for the information and support that helps so much. And if you're ready for change, then it will happen. Even if you can't change your eating, at least read around this forum!

15. Mandie

Mandie Active Member

Thanx guys...Im trying to hang in there...lol..will be better when easter is over..lol.

16. xnatsx

xnatsx Well-Known Member

Ive tried it and it was ok, the book is good and all the tips he give works, some people aren't susceptible to hypnotism though- it've tried it for shyness as well with a councellor person and it didn't worK. I think it coudl be really good though.

17. mick1983

mick1983 New Member

I watched the TV show of 'I can make you thin' [think that's what it was called]. The first couple of episodes seemed really good, basically teaching you not to eat when you aren't hungry, to eat slowly so you know when you are satisfied, and that you don't always have to finish what's on your plate.

Paul claimed these to be things that are natural to people who eat 'normally', or thin people in other words, which is believable.

The last two episodes where more about controlling your mind using strange [to me] techniques and tapping parts of the body, which didn't appeal to me, although may to others.

Definitely worth watching.

Anyway good luck, Mike.

18. maleficent

His show debuts on TLC in the US sometime in march - I just saw an advert fori t..

The tag line -- lose weight by eating whatever you want.. Ohyeah -this is gonna be a hit :)

19. mikitta

mikitta Active Member

I Can Make You Thin

Or something like that. New show that is going to be on Discover in March. Should be interesting to watch, at least once anyway.

God Bless,
    mik

20. JasonB2008

JasonB2008 New Member

Hi there,

I am writting about something that I am very passionate about, I was a part of the cast for TLC's new show I Can Make You Thin. I wanted to share a little about the show and myself.

I found Paul McKenna's new show when I was searching Craigslist for film jobs, It was a small post that had the headline "Do You Want To Lose Weight" Um,yeah. So I responded, what I did not expect was to find a staff of people that really looked out for my health and to have my life changed for the better.

Fast forward 3 weeks and filming starts, I sit down and this animated british man runs out on the stage. He starts shouting, "Who want's to lose weight?" He then lays out the simplest weight loss program ever. Here it is

1. When you're hungry go and eat
    2. Eat what you want' not what you think you should (the second you make a food the enemy the more you want it)
    3. Eat Consiously ( Eat slowly, put the fork and knife down between bites, chew 20 times, slow your eating down)
    4. When you think your full, stop (if you weren't full, start over from #1 again)

Anyway, thats the main idea system. So it was a tough first week but I did it and the pounds came off. Next week we taped the show for emotional eating, this was the episode I was featured on. I am in the audience and a person who to closely mimiced my own life was brought in from the UK as a suceess story. it struck a cord with me as I know it strikes a cord with many others. Paul taught us all a technique to handle emotional eating. And that alone has changed my life for the better.

In the next weeks he taught us how to bust cravings, get motivated to take exercise and like who we see in the mirror.

I know this might seem like an ad for the show but it is only one person who understands the mental struggle of being overweight and sharing with as many people as he can.

The show starts March 16th on TLC if you you tube search "paul mckenna tlc" you will see a promo for the show, I am in about 3/4 thru the video.

Good Luck In Your Weight Loss however you get there

21. steelgirl

steelgirl New Member

just saw the show

I recorded the show yesterday. Very interesting. Like he said, I am already heavy. So, what will it hurt to try? It's free & so guilt-free it's scary. I plan on starting the technique tomorrow. We'll see how it goes. I have the fiancee involved. My goal is 60 lbs. I would be thrilled to lose 20 by the wedding. June 14th is coming up quick! I'm excited for spring too. Getting out & moving will be a nice change.