1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

is it healthy and possible to lose 4 kilos in one month ?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Through Exercise' started by pom99, Nov 22, 2009.

1. pom99

pom99 New Member

I have a certain deadline to meet and want to lose 4 kilos in the month of December with proper exercise and a good diet. ( mainly no junk food). Is it safe and how much can I lose in a month ? Does winter have anything to do with weight loss or lack of weight loss?
    Thanks.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. WilTX

WilTX Active Member

How much do you weigh now?

4. Tegan

Tegan New Member

4 kilos a month seems pretty good, I aim for 4-5 kilos per month and most months I do it. But my BMI is just on the bottom edge of obese, so I have it to lose. If you are already slim, then you will have problems.

5. partha2009

partha2009 New Member

Your Goal is Definitely Possible

You will be able to lose 7-8 pounds of fat from your body in a month quite easily. If you follow a sound diet and exercise program then you can do this quite easily. You should know BMI, Body fat percentage level, Ideal Weight and current body weight, height and type of metabolism and record everything in your diary.
    Have a plan to lose 2 pounds of fat per week with your diet and exercise program. You can do full body weight exercises in circuits with one minute of aerobic activity like rope skipping, jogging or cycling in between the sets of body weight exercises. This will greatly accelerate fat burning.

Also follow a natural diet rich in vitamins, minerals, fiber and fresh spring water.

6. KaraCooks

KaraCooks Senior

Sure that's within a reasonable range for most people. But it will require discipline an sticking to your eating and exercise plan.

7. alsace

alsace New Member

I highly recommend tracking what you eat so you can monitor your calories. Use a site like or . Otherwise you'll probably eat more calories than you think (and it's all about calories, not carbs or fat or whatever else some fad diet tells you).

8. Benji

Benji New Member

I think it depends mainly on your original weight. If you're like me, pushing 110 kilos, you can easily lose 4-5 kg as long as you cut down on the food a bit. If you're 50kg it's a little less likely (and healthy!) I think.

9. LRyder

LRyder New Member

4 kg is pretty good for a month, but make sure you take enough energy.
    depends on your weight though

10. annamichael26

annamichael26 New Member

4 kg a month is good but make sure most of the weight you lose is from fat and not water and lean tissue.

11. pom99

pom99 New Member

Thanks all :)

I will be back soon.

12. robban0305

robban0305 New Member

Good luck and keep us posted!