1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kelly Ripa--healthy or too skinny??

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gymjunkie, Mar 14, 2009.

1. Michelley85

Michelley85 Well-Known Member

It's not slander (well, libel actually). The OP or anyone was not accusing said person of being an anorexic, merely stating that "she looks anorexic" implying very thin and ill appearance.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. ChefChiTown

ChefChiTown Senior

Not boney? You mean, like this...

Etc.

Personally, I think she's way too skinny.

Ok, NOW you sound like the president of the Kelly Ripa Fan Club.

If I smeared turtle poop all over my body, rolled around in sesame seeds and then asked you how I looked, it wouldn't be slander if you gave your opinion and said "I think you look terrible, Chef."

Last edited: Mar 15, 2009
  4. gaelicgirl1983

gaelicgirl1983 New Member

I think she looks very thin and she probably has a really low body fat percentage, but I don't think she's necessarily "Too" skinny. Those pictures you posted Chef, she looks athletic there to me, not boney.

Personally I don't think I'd want to be as thin as she is, but if that's what makes her happy and she's healthy, then good for her.

5. amagheti

amagheti Active Member

i personally think she looks great. i mean thats not a weight i would aim for personally for my own body, but by looking at those photos it is clear that she works out, has muscle definition (arms esp) and takes care of her body. But hey thats just my opinion

**ducks from the incoming flying slippers** LOL

6. KawaiiMira

KawaiiMira New Member

Kelly Ripa is 5'4"? But that's how tall I am... and I weight way more than she does. Urgh... I feel like a cow now.

Anywho, she is a bit skinny for my taste, but to each it's own. I do know that if I ever had the body she has, my fiancee would cry. He likes an ample bottom and top :)

7. A_CRUCE_SALUS

A_CRUCE_SALUS Active Member

I agree with you on those pics of her that were posted.. she just looks fit. I have seen several where she just looks way too thin. I think maybe because she is pretty flat chested. She has a small frame to begin with. I personally dont think its attractive. I love Kelly though! Loved her since All My Children!!

8. jeffisbig

jeffisbig Well-Known Member

She's cute. I never really noticed if she was too skinny or not.

9. Carthonn

Carthonn Well-Known Member

Yes libel that's right. But seriously you think saying "she looks anorexic" is going to help her in any way? When did you all become doctors?

10. Carthonn

Carthonn Well-Known Member

Here's an opinion - you have no freaking clue what your talking about. Take me to small claims court for 35 cents if you like because that's about how much your reputation is worth after reading that ridiculous scenario.

GOOD DAY!

11. ChristyP

ChristyP New Member

I dont think she way too skinny. She has a low amount of body fat, but her thighs and arms are very muscular. She doesn't have a Rachel Welch body type that's for sure. She has more of a broad shouldered, medium frame type of body. I think she looks pretty good. If she added more body fat she would look "stubby"
    She's not like Tyra Banks and Beyonce who are lucky enough to have their extra body fat go to all the right places. I am from the if you can pinch an inch.. you need to slow down on the ol feed bag school though... so that is where my opinion is coming from.

12. Michelley85

I didn't say that.

13. Michelley85

hahaha, that's awesome. Yes, I certainly wish I was blessed like that.

14. matthigh31

matthigh31 Active Member

aint nothin wrong with that!!:cheers2:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  15. ChefChiTown

ChefChiTown Senior

That was the worst attempt at an insult that I've ever seen in my life.

Oh, and that 35 cents you're talking about would probably weigh more than Kelly Ripa's entire body. Maybe she could eat it and double her body weight.

16. San

San Mod

Yeah, Photoshop is awesome, isn't it?

Just a little reality check......

Healthy weight? Yeah, right! :(

Look at her chest...you can see how the bones are protruding....and funny how they don't do that on the photoshopped picture, isn't it?

17. amagheti

amagheti Active Member

yeah my chest bones protrude too and i weigh 134. whats ur point? doesnt necessarily mean that shes sick

its funny how many people get in a fuss over someone that clearly takes care of their body, probably watches what she eats and works out. "OMGWTFLOLBBQ!!! SHES SKINNY!!"

Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  18. San

San Mod

My point, as clearly stated, was that on the photoshop-picture, there was no trace of those protruding chestbones, while they could clearly be seen on the other one. Just pointing out where they had obviously messed around with things so they would look better. THAT'S my point.

I am not saying she's sick, never once said or indicated it. All I'm saying is that she's skinny and LOOKS unhealthy. If that's the look some people like, then hey, more power to them. I think it's ugly.

And I've got no problem with people taking care of their body at all. All I'm saying is that I like women to look like women, not like a broom handle in a dress.

But....to each their own.

19. ChefChiTown

ChefChiTown Senior

That's a good point. Some people like the super skinny look and think it's perfectly fit and healthy looking, while some people hate the super skinny look and think it's gross and unhealthy looking.

Personally, I think people who are that skinny (men or women) look disgusting. One of my former friends is a 5' 3" tall woman and she has NEVER weighed over 110 lbs. She has a really pretty face, but she is disgustingly skinny and it's a huge turn off for me. Yet, TONS of guys would hit on her wherever we went.

So, you're right...to each their own. But, eh, no thanks...I'll pass on the overly skinny girls.

20. jenny.moore

jenny.moore New Member

I think the is a little bit too skinny.

Just a few pounds will make her look way better.

21. Ann38

Ann38 New Member

She looks skinny and fit. I don't like the way I look when the rib bones are visable in my chest, but that's just me. More power to her.