1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photoshop Yourself Thin

Discussion in 'Weight loss in the media' started by faith333, Sep 7, 2007.

1. faith333

faith333 Active Member

I've just been exploring YouTube recently, and found these two videos:

YouTube - Get thin in photoshop (extreme retush)

YouTube - Photoshop Large girl made thin

They both show overweight people being photoshopped into thin people. They're absolutely amazing, and I just sat there watching them with my mouth open in shock.

It just shows how we shouldn't take magazine pictures to be the "ideal" body image, because nobody actually looks like that.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. CatsMeow

CatsMeow Active Member

While this is amazing is does really show what is possible with a computer and good editing software. Photos in magazines don't even have to be taken of real people anymore. :p

4. pennybear09

pennybear09 Active Member

Sometimes I wish I were amazing at Photoshop. I could make so much money.

This was pretty impressive. I've seen where they make pretty people magazine worthy, but this was completely different.

5. kaieta

kaieta New Member

that is crazy!

6. SweatPea

SweatPea Guest

Looks like the 2nd vid has been deleted. ?

7. yarmiah

yarmiah Senior

Isee your point faith333 about how the stars and others use the retouch to their advantage to project a better image of themselves.

However, wouldnt it be cool if there was a program we could use to do the same thing to a picture of ourselves? Now THAT would be motivation for me- to see what I WILL look like once these unwanted pounds come off. :)

8. ramanean

ramanean New Member

That's right we can do anything with good photo editing softwares like photoshop

we can even change a person's face or background. using (Clone command)

9. Curvie Girlie

Curvie Girlie Senior

Ahh good old photoshop. I use it regularly in my job, but ironically enough, seldom with real photos. I need to learn how to do that. Seriously must have taken a long ass time...

10. MoonGoddess

MoonGoddess Senior

I couldn't get the second to work either.. but WOWZAH on the first one! Is that how they get normal men to look like Vin Diesel?

11. Trevor10

Trevor10 Well-Known Member

wow that is amazing, would take some time to do though

12. casanova

casanova Active Member

But there is!
    good ol photoshop.

I'd do a picture for you but i'm still not madpro with cs3 yet:(
    Its not too complicated but it takes time and practise.

13. DragonsDustt

DragonsDustt New Member

I would love to see what I would look like if/when I get to my goal weight!! Maybe it'd give me that "extra push" when I feel like giving up....

14. I agree being able to know exactally what you would look like would be amazing!. I know for me it would push me faster towards the goal, because I'd know exactally what that goal looked like

15. LandonsBaby

LandonsBaby Well-Known Member

I have pictures of myself about 60 lbs less but they don't really motivate me much. I was miserable during that period and I don't want to go back there. I lost weight the wrong way and had zero muscle. I do want to be smaller but somehow those pictures do nothing for me now. I just see the lack of muscle. :ack2:

16. That's really interesting. It's funny how a modivator for one can be the opposite for somone else. I'm glad to know that it doesn't always work though!
    It's good though if you recoginize that you were unhappy that way. There is no sense of going back to a place of unhappiness. I'm sure a lot of us (including me) have lost weight at some point or another in an unhealthy way, the important thing is that now you realize how to lose it in a healthy controlled manner.

17. T2 Trucker

T2 Trucker Senior

18. stargurl84

stargurl84 New Member

it is amazing to see what people can do with photoshop

19. LowFatMilk

LowFatMilk Well-Known Member

I can do a bit of it, but I don't do it like that. I've photoshopped myself thinner admittedly, (not on the forum though)but it didn't turn out quite so high quality.

20. LizaK1020

LizaK1020 Guest

That 1:15 video was probably about 4-6 hours of work.

I admit, I've retouched a photo or 2 of my own with photoshop, but never to that degree. Usually I just take out pimples or weird clothing wrinkles. And once a double chin that was the result of the angle of the picture.

I'm anti changing the fundamentals of how someone looks, though. Just the basics, fixing the actual quality of the photo or taking out the occasional blemish.

I think the woman looked better in the before shot.

21. IHateCardio

IHateCardio New Member

I'm pretty good with Photoshop and would like to try thinning someone out. I've done it frequently on a smaller scale with models - a virtual nip n tuck - and would be willing to do it for someone here.

It wouldn't be as well done as the sample video just because thats a serious time investment (but there isn't anything in the 2nd video that I don't know how to do).

This isn't the same but here is a before/after I did to 'youngify' a woman:

Any takers?

Last edited: May 13, 2008