1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why do I wake up so hungry??

Discussion in 'The Club' started by Healthy, Aug 30, 2006.

1. Healthy

Healthy New Member

I wake up everyday so hungry I've had a bowl of weetbix and 2 peices of toast.I'm exercising 5 days a week.

Whats wrong with me??

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dariqueen

dariqueen Senior

Nothing! That means your metabolism is working well!:)

4. Kaitie

Kaitie Senior

Hungry is a good thing! The only way that you could wake up not hungry is if you ate a really big meal the night before---in which case you would have ruined any hopes of losing weight because your body can't digest as well when you're laying down. So be happy that you're hungry!!

5. reach4Astar

reach4Astar Senior

sooooo hungary=good!!!!:rolleyes:

6. corey.the.star

corey.the.star New Member

Reasons for hunger

The real reason we feel hungry is because of a lack of nutrients in our blood. The thyroid, I'm guessing, sends out a message to the stomach that says, "Hey, tell this guy to eat something!!" The rumbling in our tummy is a sign that our body is prepared for food, and will quickly digest whatever we put in there (provided it's good for us!!)

I was advised against chewing gum, though, because the activity that it produces in the salivary glands signals the stomach to prepare for food, and the stomach gets confused... "Is it coming? Is it not coming? What the heck!!"

So if you're hungry, it's a good sign. It means your stomach has finished digesting whatever was in there before, and is ready for more.

I'd say you feel so hungry in the morning because you've been sleeping for (ideally) 7-9 hours, so your stomach is EMPTY! If you're finding you're still hungry after the cereal and toast, munch on some fresh fruit. Or better yet, beef up your breakfast with some protein (no pun intended), and it'll take your body a little more time to process the meal, leaving you feeling satisfied for a longer period of time.

7. rfire

rfire New Member

You are feeling hungry because you are eating empty calories & carbs, plus sugar. Cereal & toast don't have nutritional value to burn fat. You are starving your body of protein, therefore in your weight loss process you are gaining fat and losing muscle. I am not trying to sound mean, I am trying to educate.

Your body does need good carbs. Try to keep an equal balance of carbs vs protein or a little higher with the protein. Just note beef is the hardest for the body to digest.

Your body needs protein, because protein is what feeds our muscle's if you deprive your body of protein it will start to pull the protein from your own muscle, which is why I said you could be losing muscle & gaining fat.

Hope this helps & I did not affend you.

8. hillbillylee

hillbillylee Senior

I have noticed I wake up hungry all the time. For me its not bad. I never use to eat till about 5 pm now I'm hungry when I hit the floor. I'm eating most of the right things. I don't have much sugar or white starches and I'm still hungry when I wake up.

9. Healthy

Healthy New Member

Thanks for everyones input you have helped me understand my body alittle better.Ok I'm off to the gym shortly!!

10. dcbk

dcbk New Member

sometimes i'm hungry right when i wake up in the morning. i eat fatfree or lowfat yogurt to satisfy my stomach...i love it!