1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

10 pounds loss Diary

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by ABY, Sep 21, 2015.

1. ABY

ABY Active Member

Hi, everyone! I think it's great idea to start my own diary for these 10 pounds weight loss. I think that losing 10 pounds would make me more energetic and active to different activities like programs in the gym, dance, tennis, and would give me more confidence in wearing modern cloths. I have tried this before and i actually have managed it but now that i start over again as i gained these pounds back i find it harder. Anyway i would like not to be alone to this journey so i decided to start a diary for my progress. Now the short goal is to loss 2 pounds during this week. The weekend i just left myself more relaxed so i didn't have any progress. Today i start over again the program for this week. After weekend i find difficult to adjust myself to count calories of food and calories wasting in activities like dancing and walking but i want to achieve my goal so some things are necessary. I would like not to think about this as an awful job but more as a funny challenge!

[​IMG]

Trusylver likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

Hi ABY. Glad you started a diary. Now we can visit you :) It sounds like you have very active & healthy activities that also sound like fun. I love walking & dancing. Tennis is a great social sport too. Feeling more comfortable in your clothes is so important. You are being supportive in other people's diaries & it's nice that you now have one. Cheers, Cate

4. ABY

ABY Active Member

Thanks Cate. Yesterday i had a dance lesson. It was ok, i was so excited at that time. I think that as something pleasures me it makes me more happy and distracts my mind from harmful thoughts. The only thing is that as i had just eaten a little before the lesson, i was feeling exhausted without feeling hungry. In parallel i have felt that i should lose the extra pounds so i would feel better in the dancing lessons. That’s certainly a motive if only I think of it every time I eat unhealthy food and don’t have the feeling that I couldn’t do it.
    Today i have another busy day and i will go home late so i have taken some healthy snacks with me so as i won't get junk food during the day. Yesterday was ok i ate healthy, fruits, cooked vegetables, cheese more than i should (but i like it a lot), enough rye bread. I 'll try today be another healthy eating day!

[​IMG]

5. cate

cate Senior

Do the best you can ABY & be kind to yourself. That is really important if you want to make positive changes. Don't be hard on yourself. Good for you taking healthy snacks with you xo Cate

xo Cate (via Tapatalk)

6. ABY

ABY Active Member

Thanks Cate. The good thing is that yesterday that i was out all the day i just ate my snacks and i didn't get fast food. However when i got home i felt hungry and i couldn't really limit my calories intake although it was late. Anyway i don't see any difference in scales just i stay constant. Today isn't so busy day so i think i would be more on track and avoid eating too late. I think eating late is really an obstacle but some days i can't avoid it. What are you thinking about eating late in the evening and until what time it's better have dinner?

7. ABY

ABY Active Member

Today i 've just maintained my current weight and i don't see any progress. Maybe and all the week would be a week of maintenance. At least i don't gain. I have observed that if i don't eat anything i don't have so much desire to eat. When i eat a fruit or a salad even a yogurt then i have great desire for eating all kind of food. It seems that eating a fruit or yogurt makes me hungry which isn't desired.

8. cate

cate Senior

Eating an apple often makes me hungry. Having yoghurt & fruit together works well for me.

xo Cate (via Tapatalk)

9. gopangaea

gopangaea New Member

ABY: I just joined and also have the goal of losing 10 pounds, so I thought it would be smart to crash your diary with my own. I'm 49 years old and have hovered the last 5 years or more between 107 and 118. My goal is to go back to 107. For some, that may seem like "only ten pounds," but for me, it seems light years away. I'm now back up to 117.7 and the alarm bells are going off as the chicken enchiladas await me in the other room. I used to have food obsessions and was much heavier before 3 kids. Now I'm watching my weight creep back up and it gets scarier as I approach 50. I realise fear gets me nowhere and action will get me everywhere. I am thinking of keeping a food diary, would that be so boring? Does anyone else out there do a food diary?

Weight; 117.7
    My Measurements:-
    Boobs; 35”
    Bicep; 8”
    Waist; 28”
    Hips; 33.5”
    Thigh; 21.5”
    Calf; 13”

10. cate

cate Senior

11. ABY

ABY Active Member

Hello gopangaea and welcome. It's nice to find others with nearly the same goal as you! Even if this area of your weight you mentioned is totally far from my goal the object of 10 pounds loss is the same for both of us. Now i am starting the 3rd week of caring about my food and calories intake. I had a small progress during the previous weeks but nothing exceptionally. I am somehow content with it but i always think about the continuation of it. Now i used the amount of food i am eating daily but i have to get used with the feeling that i wouldn't feel full any more as i am eating less. Sometimes it’s nice as you feel more slender but others you think that you are deprived of something. However i will continue and this week to see how it goes. The morning time is really difficult as you feel that you need a lot of food so and the time before going to bed. I don't follow exactly a preset diet plan during the day as i am a lot of hours outside and it's difficult to follow a preset diet plan but i avoid food with a lot of calories and i am aware of calories intake. Some days i' m more active with activities like dancing lessons or going to gym but others i 'm just more relaxed. A diet diary is helpful i think as you can see your progress according to food intake.

12. ABY

ABY Active Member

Today i see little more progress in weight loss but when i get up after a little time i feel very irritated. However i ate little things for breakfast and i started my day. Yesterday i was a lot of hours outside and i returned home late. So yesterday i didn't have proper lunch, i ate some small sweet bread rolls for change in the afternoon and little yogurt, cheese, milk at night. It was really late when i got home so i considered eating a dinner so late would be useless.
    It was ok i didn't feel really hungry yesterday night.

[​IMG]

13. ABY

ABY Active Member

Althought by the end of September i saw progress in weight loss, i understood that it was temporary and due to the fact that i had very few calories eaten those days. Now i am nearly 5 pounds above my lightest of the last days.Maybe it is and the fact that i had to do a lot of things the last days and i returned home late and exhausted. That time it's really difficult to avoid a sweet that i like or something that i desire eating. I 'll try again to avoid eating a lot before going to bed it is really my weakest point.

14. ABY

ABY Active Member

Today i ate a lot of things for breakfast and i feel a little lack of motivation. I have planned a lot of things for today like dance lessons, going for coffee but i don' t have the mood of doing anything. The weather isn't so good. I hope my mood changing during the day because if i feel constantly lack of motivation i would think about food all the time.

???????? ??? ?? GT-S6810 ??? ??????????????? Tapatalk

15. CaliGirl

CaliGirl Active Member

Hi Aby, just caught up to your diary...I am new here as well (started just a few days ago myself) and can understand the lack of motivation when you see little to no results. I just wanted to give you a little boost and say that we are all in this TOGETHER...don't give up dear...think of you in your target weight OFTEN, think of how you would feel, what would you do once you did lose the 10lbs you want to lose.

As far as diet goes, I am not a fan of diets myself...I believe in healthy eating, eating in moderation, but for me it is definitely hard restraining the quantity of food (even healthy food) if my stomach is not satisfied. As time has caught up to me, I've noticed that eating healthy and working out but no dieting was only allowing me to maintain a somewhat healthy weight, but whenever I slacked off I would gain so quickly...so my tip is...for a good 2 weeks just push your body to eating healthy, in limited small quantities but often, and work-out every second you can (if I'm standing cooking and waiting on something I usually have music on and do some squats in between, jumping like a mad woman and some dancing...just to keep my body moving, because I know that can add some valuable extra calories being burned)...do listen to your body, if feeling tired, do rest...remember, your health is the most valuable thing in life - you can only achieve your dreams if you are healthy to do so...that includes listening to your body when it is in fatigue, but perhaps also noticing your lifestyle choices! Good luck and keep up the already good work...Xoxo

16. ABY

ABY Active Member

Thank you CaliGirl, it really makes me feel bettet that there are

17. ABY

ABY Active Member

Sorry, i continue my answer. So i think it's nice to talk with other people and find motivation. I just need it. This weekend i went to dance lesson and then i rest. I didn' t avoid sweet snacks yesterday night.
    I 'll try today avoid snacks late at night.

18. ABY

ABY Active Member

Hello! I feel so exhausted today and that i don't have strong will to continue my diet. However i remain in my weight without great changes. I didn't have lose weight the previous week but i didn't get extra pounds either. I am thinking about some things that bother me and i am really tired. I am thinking about ways to be in better mood so as to think more positive about my diet and stay on track this week. The previous week i was really concerned about lot of things and i didn't have time to go to gym or fitness programs. Now i feel the lack of them and maybe this is one of the reason i am in a mood exhausted, tired. Now i know i need a lot of motivation to continue, first for being more energetic and second for focus in my diet plan.

19. ABY

ABY Active Member

The last days i have a lot of things to think about and i am more stressed than usual. I don't give up diet but i neglect it especially at dinner time. While all the day it's easier to stay on track, at night before going to bed i feel the need of eating more although i know it's no useful. I can't explain why i feel so, especially after 8 in the evening? Do you think it's useful to eat after 8 in the evening? What do you usually eat and at what time for dinner?

20. CaliGirl

CaliGirl Active Member

Hi Aby, I personally don't like eating past 7pm - 8pm is definitely the latest I usually go. When I go out past that, and there is a chance of eating, I usually work out harder (eat less and lighter during the day), in order to compensate the late night eating. That being said, it's hard to know why you feel the way you do about late night eating without knowing specifics about your food intake/diet, exercise routine, and overall daily activities. There are many reasons (stress; fatigue; not eating enough nutrients; etc) that may trigger this behavior..........an easy suggestion is looking for low calories items to keep nearby IF YOU MUST EAT past this time, otherwise to cut off completely - it takes feeling satisfied, eating well and healthy throughout the day, and will power to make it thru the night! ;-) Don't give up dear...you can do it, I believe in you!!!

21. StacyH

StacyH Well-Known Member

How are ya doing? :)

WELCOME as Well!

:iagree: CaliGirl!