1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brawny's time machine

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by brawny77, Jan 11, 2009.

1. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

I have spent a few days on the newbie thread so its time to come here because this time Im in it for the long haul. Here is a copy of my intro blurb from the newbie thread. I title this thread the time machine because I am trying to turn back time and return the fit me that once was.

Okay, here’s my story (everybody’s got one). Since Oct 23, I have lost 21 lbs. That’s the good news. The bad news is I have 75-80 more to go. And did I mention that I have lost and regained that 20 lbs about 4 times in the last 3 years. But this time I am trying to do things differently. Usually at this point (2-3 months into the diet) I get fed up or bored, or worn down or injured or something that knocks me off track, then 3-4 months later, I am back where I was or worse. So here is what is different this time. Instead of letting that happen at this point, I am ramping things up. I am actively seeking additional motivation points and setting small reachable goals (baby steps to use a stupid movie quote) That’s why I am here.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Today- walked 1.5 miles on the track
    Thats 11 days in a row of exercise
    one of my resolutions was to exercise 12 days in a row! almost got that one in the books!

4. joebuzz

joebuzz Active Member

Baby Steps... What About Bob?

Hi by the way.

I'm also pretty new on these boards. Trying to feel my way around.

I want to see a post tomorrow that you completed your exercise tomorrow! :)

Planning anything else exercise wise? Rewarding yourself in any other way?

Doing good!

5. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

I was very busy yesterday and did not post but I did exercise (was on my bike at 6 a.m. cause i knew what a full day I had.
    That is my first new years resolution that I have managed to keep in a while. Baby steps.
    One of my other new years resolutions was absolutely no fast food for 2 months. So far so good. I now want to take my exercise to 6 out of 7 days. I just wanted 12 in a row as a jumpstart.
    I also have a few personal rewards planned when I meet certian weight goals (baby steps) I have more fun with this stuff if I make a game out of it and as a former college athlete, I must admit to having a competitive side. This time I am in competition with my old slothful self.

6. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Small Victory

Okay I had a "little thing" happen today that made me feel just a bit slimmer. ( I am down 20 this time and down 36 from my heaviest last summer) Anyhow..I get in my truck and I drop my keys on the floorboard...I just bent down and got em! 8 weeks ago I was to fat to make this bend. I would have had to got out and leaned over that way.

A SMALL BUT TANGIBLE SIGN OF LESS GUT!!!

Last edited: Jan 13, 2009
  7. Ivette8uNOmore

Ivette8uNOmore Well-Known Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thast's an awesome victory!!!! Good For You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:party: Little by little this will just be a story to your ultimate goal.

You excersise a lot. I challenge you two 12 more days of constant excersize and I will too. Excercize is my hardest to cope but seeing how you did it for 12 days non stop I can too. Let's devise a plan and start tomorrow... We can eat healthy and excersize and see who loses the most in 12 days. Deal?? :boxing: :cheers2:

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooohoooo so by summer we can all be skinny yeaaaaaa!!!!!! :sifone:

Last edited: Jan 14, 2009
  8. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Good start to the day. Got up built a toasty fire in the fireplace, drank a cup of coffee (man I love coffee) and got on my exercise bike. 7.06 miles in 28 minutes.

That gives me an idea for a list
    Non caloric things I love:
    Coffee (I take mine black and staight up)
    Fireplace fires
    Things made out of leather or wood or cotton (I know this is random)
    Having lots of friends but only a few really really good friends
    A warm bed on a cold morning
    A new book to read and lots of time to do it
    Teamwork
    Humor
    Guitars and watching my sons start to love them too
    Music…all kinds…well almost all kinds
    Old beat up barns (they don’t get any more beat up than mine)
    Good dogs (these fall into the few really good friends category mentioned above)

Lots of good things to enjoy that are not FOOD!

Ivette8uNOmore likes this.
  9. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Okay Ivette...your on. That will put me right about the time I go to my Dr visit. I am trying to stay off insulin this will be good motivation! I usually weigh in on saturdays but I will weigh in in the morning and see where I am. Getting closer to going below 300.
    Cool! A challenge!

10. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Well done with your 12 straight days of exercise :)

11. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

As of this morning I have exercised 14 out of 15 days.
    Did 7.6 miles on the bike in 28 minutes this morning.

Weighed in at 301.8 Thats 3 lbs down since Saturday. I was bummed on saturday because I had only lost 1.8 lb the for that week. I gusee my body finally turned loose of a little weight.

I am keeping my list going here of things I love that are not caloric. Adding to it as I think of them. Its kinda a way to think of all the things that I find comfort in besides food

Non caloric things I love:
    Coffee (I take mine black and staight up)
    Fireplace fires
    Things made out of leather or wood or cotton (I know this is random)
    Having lots of friends but only a few really really good friends
    A warm bed on a cold morning
    A new book to read and lots of time to do it
    Teamwork
    Humor
    Guitars and watching my sons start to love them too
    Music…all kinds…well almost all kinds
    Old beat up barns (they don’t get any more beat up than mine)
    Good dogs (these fall into the few really good friends category mentioned above)
    Kneeboarding (havent done it in about 5 years but if Im fit enough by summer....)
    Sunsets (especially from this one special spot at the lake)
    My kids laughter

Lots of good things to enjoy that are not FOOD

12. Ivette8uNOmore

COOL!!!! WELL I JUST WEIGHED IN I HAD A REAL BUSY DAY... SO MY WEIGH IN TODAY JANUARY 15, IS 188.2 THAT'S 1 MORE POUND SINCE LAST WEEKS 2.8.... I WALKED APRROXIMATELY A MILE AND I AM GOING TO DO THE ELLIPTICAL FOR 30 MINS...SO WOOOHOOOOOO LETS DO THIS BRAWNY.. :iagree: I AM SO EXCITED THIS IS SO THRILLING... YEAHHHH :coolgleamA: WE ARE COOLIO I SAID.. WOOOOHOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :sifone: WELL WITH THAT SAID I WISH YOU MUCH LUCK TOMORROW AND A HEALTHY DAY.. FULL OF SMILES...:smash:

13. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

One more positive thing to report. Last night I took my son to basketball. Well instead of sitting there watching I walked around the gym while the kids practiced. Such a simple thing but I just wouldnt have thought about it before. There are so many chances to be more active that we let slip by.
    Today is going well so far. I had meetings early at work so I will have to exercise tonight.

Im gonna bust that 300!! and get it some distance behund me. I never never never want to see that on my scales again.

14. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Recipe for a great year.

"Take twelve full-grown months, free from old memories of bitterness, hate and jealousy. Cleanse them completely from every clinging spite and negativity. Pick off the little specks of pettiness and unhealthy habits. See that these months are free and clean as when they came from the storehouse of time. Cut these months into thirty or thirty-one equal parts; the whole batch equals one year. If you try to make up the whole batch at once you may spoil the whole lot.

Prepare one day at a time according to this pattern: into each day put 12 parts of faith, 11 parts of hope, 10 parts of prayer, 9 parts of kindness, 8 parts of patience, 7 parts of work, 6 parts of fidelity, 5 parts of courage, 4 parts of exercise, 3 parts of quiet meditation, 2 parts of generosity, and a dash or two or three of fun and play. Put love into the whole batch and mix with enthusiasm. Garnish with smiles and a sprig of cheer.

Follow these directions and a wonderful 2009 is guaranteed!"

15. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

One more opportunity for activity that I was able to work in
    Went to Sam's club to pick up a couple of things....I did two laps around that place (those places are big) Anyway, just trying to see places to get myself moving that I would not have seen before.

16. Trusylver

Well done fitting in extra exercise wherever you can :)

17. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

I just got off my bike...Didnt want to after getting in late from High School basketball games but because of Ivettes challenge I rode 8.23 miles in 31 minutes. Probably would have skipped without the motivation from you nice folks...Thanks

There is a skinny boy in me and he wants out!

Rock and Roll quote of the day that can be applied to where Im at in my weightloss plan:

"Come on Baby Finish What You Started"- Van Halen

18. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Saturday morning is my regular weigh in day....

299.2 !!!!

I couldnt believe it. I thought It would be next week before I busted 300 because my losses had slowed down. I had very breifly gotten below 300 about 3 years ago and the I proceeded to gain 39 lbs in like 8 months. I will not let that happen again, I will not let that happen again. Now with a sigh of relief I contemplate that I need to get a little distance between me and 300. I dont want one of those occcasional 2lb bouncebacks that would put me back over that milestone
    I sure like seeing that 2 at the beginning of my weight better than seeing that 3. I played college football at 246 and somehow that doesnt seem too far away. Here's a great big Texas YEEEE HAWWWW Now someone pass the carrot sticks please.

Last edited: Jan 17, 2009
  19. Ivette8uNOmore

Hi Brawny!!!

Good job getting extra excersize in.. I went to the movies last night and same thing I went up and down the stairs.. My son wanted popcorn and a hotdog so instead of getting from the second floor I went down the stairs to the first 3 times.. today my butt hurts from all those stairs.. hahhahahah..
    :rofl: so yeah thanks brawny as well.. it keeps me motivated to know im in a challenge to become the biggest loser... :beerchug:

20. Trusylver

Well done brawny :hurray: great work getting under the 300 mark :hurray:

21. brawny77

brawny77 Senior

Biked 7.56 miles in 28 minutes.
    I am starting to feel like my old self again...You know that guy thats inside the fat guy...That guy that used to be in this body several years ago..You know, that guy I try hard to still see when I look in the mirror...I feel like in a small way...Im back

Rock and roll quote of the day
    "Ive been gone too long and Im glad to be back, gotta get loose, from the noose thats kept me hangin around"........

Who can name the artist and song? (its an easy one)