1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Brenda's Time!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by Indymom8753, Nov 6, 2017.

1. JohnMarshall

JohnMarshall New Member

Wow! You are an inspiration to us all!

I see that you are using the gym a great deal. I go to the gym, too, but I have found that going swimming is also a great way to add variety to my exercise. It also exercises different areas and also helps with core strength as well as giving me a flatter tummy. Have you considered adding swinning to your routine?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

Don't be afraid to ask for help with the weights. Tru is our resident expert, by the way :)
    You are really getting into the groove Brenda. How is your weight going?

4. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Thank you, John... but I'm not so sure about that!! I feel like I've lost the easy part, the first 18 (as of week or so ago). Give me your kudos after 50 and after I keep it off!! LOL!!! I also only started when I had nothing else to do... haha!!! I could slump into an empty nesting depression or focus on improving myself. Why did I not think I could work on myself while my kids were here at home??? Crazy mom-martyr complex, I guess.

I do like to swim! Right now, I am terrified of messing with my formula. I'll keep swimming in mind (as well as weights) if I feel I can't increase the intensity on the treadmill anymore or if I plateau. Do something different. For now, I want to keep doing what has worked the past few months.

Week 12, Day 2 tonight... heading into the gym in just a few minutes and I'M SORE! Ugh!! ((tomorrow is day of rest, tomorrow is a day of rest))

Side note: I can officially say I am done with Plus size tho!! XL on top and 16M on the bottom. Motivated to not go back up to Plus!

Okay, changing for the gym...

5. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

I weighed myself a week or so ago... I'll have to look back at my posts. 18 lbs lighter. I am buying new clothes, but trying not too much as I hope to be smaller. Just enough to get through the winter. XL (some L fit well, but you know sizes... some are cut big) and 16M on bottom! I started with 2xPlus and 20W on bottom. I increased my intensity last night... now sore!

Will check my weight maybe on Saturday!

Off to the gym...

cate likes this.
  6. cate

cate Senior

Losing 18 lbs is excellent Brenda. Well done :)

7. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Thank you, Cate! The workout was rough and I came home and ate too much. ((sigh))

8. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

When I´m sore, then work out and afterwards get really really hungry/cravy it´s often a sign I´m overloading my body. Sometimes it needs a break earlier than I want to give it.

9. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

I'll keep that in mind! Achy legs all through the night last night (even with Aleve). I hope this is just due to my increase in intensity and will be better even Th/F this week and next.

10. Jenniquest

Jenniquest New Member

Congrats on your weight loss!

Indymom8753 likes this.
  11. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Thank you! I've been weighing every 4 weeks. I weigh tomorrow. It's nice when that number reflects the progress I have in my head, but it doesn't always. I have to try to focus on the activity, not the number.

Had a setback last night. Heart was racing (probably ate too close to the workout), and felt sick after 30 minutes. Cut out early. Determined to go the full 45 min tonight.

12. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Sometimes cutting out is the right thing to do. Taking care of our bodies is more than counting calories. Hope hings feel better today!

Indymom8753 likes this.
  13. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Weigh in was Saturday... down 20 lbs total after 12 weeks! It's two more than last month. Wish it were more, but I must have ate a little worse. Not sure. Since I'm only weighing in once a month, I'm not putting too much stock in it. It's the right direction!!

I've added a light weight training routine today at home: Targeting butt, thighs, arms and stomach. Starting light so I'm not so sore I slack on my treadmill routine! I'm planning on 3x per week on the 15 minute weight routine.

I can only do 3x this week of aerobic, due to family and thanksgiving. I'm good with that!

cate likes this.
  14. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Sounds like you're doing amazing. Keep it up! Having to reduce your cardio for festivities means portion control...

Indymom8753 likes this.
  15. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Okay, so I couldn't stand that I weighed in at 220, so I stepped on the scale again yesterday and it said 219.8 Hahaha, I'll take it!!! I have not been blow 220 in 21 years since before I got pregnant with my first baby!

So, it's week 13 and of course it's Thanksgiving week. Mixed feelings, fun with family but too much bad food. I started a light weights routine on Monday morning, aerobic regular time, and I was soooo sore Tuesday. I did nothing but watch what I ate. Was sore this morning, but woke naturally at 5:45 (ugh), so decided to go to the gym since family is coming in today. Thought it would be hard to go at my usual 5pm time. Just got back.

I hope to go tomorrow... the gym is open. Maybe if I get the bird in the oven a little early I can escape for an hour. The gym closes at 1pm, so there's a good chance. Then, my 4th on Friday usual time. 1-2 more weight routines if my legs can take it. That's the master plan, ha!

I'm learning that losing weight, getting in shape is NOT a choice, BUT 100'S OF CHOICES EVERY DAY FOR MANY DAYS ON END. It has to be on your radar constantly! I feel like I'm accomplishing that mindset.

16. Jenniquest

Jenniquest New Member

Wow, this is very insightful! I think you're doing great and I'm rooting for you! :)

17. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Thank you! I just think that's why this is so very hard!

18. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Quoted for truth. Congratulations on getting below 220! I hope you are very proud of your accomplishments. Don´t overdo it with the weights for now, especially if you get that sore afterwards. Ease into it.

19. cate

cate Senior

I think so too, which is hard to accept but must be done. You are doing very well Brenda!