1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bubbles: The Diary

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by MsBubbles, Nov 25, 2016.

1. MsBubbles

MsBubbles New Member

One pound at a time. The thought just occurred to me. I'm still at 170, which is fine, as it means my weight and appetite are stable. So I'll try to do small things each day to get a pound off, then the next pound off, etc.

I'm so tired but I need to work out. I'd like to say "I'll go to bed early then wake up at 5 and work out for an hour!" but future me is laughing at that and rolling back over in bed after switching off the alarm at 5. :rolleyes:

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:) I think you´re right about that... Small changes over a longer period of time are more realistic. That´s me telling myself, by the way...

4. MsBubbles

MsBubbles New Member

I had to dig deep to find my old journal from last year! I moved house and had a huge upheaval, throwing away a whole lot of possessions (downsizing). Consequently the healthy food went out the window. But now I'm in my new place and have many more hours a day more than I used to have.

So! Where was I? Oh yeah. Back up to 175, where I started. My goals are still the same. This time I am doing ok sticking to the rough aim of 3 meals of a certain amount of calories/food, and an hour of exercise each day for now (it all adds up to 1 hour : 26 mins walk to work + 10 mins stair climbing, literally, + 24 mins minimum of weights in the evening). So nothing grand. No massive upheaval or change in schedule.

I have a milestone coming up in about 2 months and really would rather be nearer my goal weight then. Plus, I still really want to buy and wear FUN clothing! If my appearance and clothing style spoke, they'd be saying "I am an asexual, tepid entity". I'd like the outside to match how I feel in character.

Sigh. Here we go again. Glad to see there are a lot of journals here though. It helps to not feel alone in this.

Trusylver likes this.
  5. Sunflower_

Sunflower_ Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the forum!

6. cate

cate Senior

Welcome back MsB. You have lots of company :D

7. MsBubbles

MsBubbles New Member

Where was I (since March)? For heaven's sake. :willy_nilly:

Went to my homeland to visit my family. Started eating all that lovely childhood comfort food the minute I landed, didn't stop til I got back home 2 weeks later.

I'm now finally back on a plan. It's less calories than before. I hate to say I'm even counting calories because it has triggered me so often in the past. But now I'm SO much heavier than ever (my perpetual "15 lb to lose" is now at least double that), I am just telling my internal rebel to shut it and sit down and be quiet. This is what I am going to have to do for the meantime. I'm promising myself 90 days on my new plan. Two down, 88 to go. :)

I miss my muscly legs (the muscles are still there - just no-one can see them under all the fat), I miss my skinny arms, and I miss having a waist. I only ever had a butt I could be proud of for a few short months so that's something I won't ever really be able to count on. :blush5: So if I can get the other three back at least, I'll be so much happier.

I'm going with 4 small meals, plus fruit & veg for snacks. Exercise happens. Some weekdays it's hard to fit it in though. I can adjust the amount of food for days I do, and days I don't.

Alright. Here we go. :hurray:

8. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Well-Known Member

9. cate

cate Senior

I absolutely hate counting calories too, but decided to start again today. You can do it hon!

10. MsBubbles

MsBubbles New Member

Thanks Rebel Lee and Cate! Yes, sometimes I guess we just have to do it for a while until we can ease up on it. I certainly don't intend to count them for the rest of my life.

Went to the hair dresser's yesterday - they had a big spread of donuts and pastries! I ate a donut. It was heavenly. It didn't trip me into a binge though, although I could tell my body wanted more of the sugary, fatty starch later! It feels good to know that I am dictating my food intake, rather than my food intake dictating to me, as typically happens with me, causing the excess weight.

I'm going to do a long workout today outdoors, which'll burn about 1500 extra calories. I'm not doing it because of that, but for my brain. I need a few hours outdoors to stay sane and sensible. It's difficult to find the correct before/during/after calorie intake for these excursions. I guess before isn't a problem, but during is essential (don't want to end up in the hospital later due to lack of essential electrolytes or calories, even), and the 12 following hours usually brings overwhelming waves of hunger, which I'm going to need to be prepared for.

So if I'm shooting for 1200 - 1500/day (depending on activity levels), plus 1500 how much do I need to allow myself extra to not end up running to the store at 11pm for an ice cream and pizza binge? Maybe an extra 800? I'll see how it goes and report the findings.

11. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Well-Known Member

Omg u had me at donut........
    :donutlust: <-------- god i hope something weird doesn't pop up....