1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cannot figure out what calorie deficit i need

Discussion in 'Advanced Weight Loss' started by katya, Sep 21, 2017.

1. katya

katya New Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Hi, 5'9 female, 19, 140 ibs living in college and trying to figure out what calorie deficit I need to lose weight. I lift 5-6 times a week and do cardio 4-5 (30 min run or 45 min walk). I can't figure out if my life style is considered sedentary since I'm spending a lot of time in classes sitting down but I also exercise nearly every day and walk to class/take the stairs all the time
    right now i'm eating around 1600-1700 cals, p140, c140, f53
    just any general advise is appreciated, trying to get down to 130 before i start bulking but don't want to lose too much muscle mass
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Coach

Nov 9, 2005
    Gympie, Queensland, Australia
    I would not count you as sedentary for the purpose of calculating TDEE.

What style of lifting are you doing and what is the intensity of your cardio ?

If you have a bodybuilding style routine with moderate to high volume then you will need to change to a heavier but lower volume routine. For your cardio HIIT is a better option to help maintain muscle rather than low/moderate intensity long duration cardio.

What is your current bodyfat% ? it is a little more accurate to calculate nutrition needs if it is based of lean mass.