1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Carb addiction and weight loss...is it possible?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Kedi, Oct 1, 2017.

1. Kedi

Kedi New Member

Hello,
    I'm New here so hope I can get to know everyone over time.
    My issue is my strong addiction to carbs....I am seemingly unable to stop using them as some sort of crutch when I feel like I'm too hungry. I am terrible about eating breakfast so often find myself revanaous later on in the day, especially if i have been not eating much....I have been known to back several pieces of buttered toast or 2 huge bowls of sugary cereal at like midnight or later!
    Just wondering if anyone else could help me stop doing such things, or simply make me feel less guilty? Haha...I am very conscious of my weight, hence always trying not to eat so much during the day, but eventually bread, potatoes, pasta seem to get the better of me and I cave in!
    Been able to keep up a low carb diet for a couple weeks but then I cave in to a jacket potato with beans or a pile of buttery toast and marmite ( anyone not aware, marmite is a salty brown spread that a lot of people hate, Aussie have vegemite which is similar) any advice would be great!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

I have been following a keto (Very Low Carb) lifestyle for years but that does not mean that weight loss is not possible with other methods. In the end it mostly comes down to calorie intake.

Also remember low carb does not mean no carbs.

Have you calculated how many calories you need to be eating each day ? and have you been tracking your current daily intake ? How much protein have you been eating ?

4. carlinannarbor

carlinannarbor New Member

I was never able to lose weight as long as my diet included processed carbs (bread, cookies, cake, etc). I did lose weight extremely fast when I filled up on lean meats and some fruits and lots of, vegetables.

I did replace my love of french fries with baked fries. Those are carbs, but different. I cut them up like stake fries, sprayed them with cooking spray and covered them with steak seasoning. Bake them until golden brown on the outside and light and fluffy on the inside. That satisfied my carb craving.

That's been my experience. Good luck.