Cate's Diary

cate

Never gives up
Happy with my day again.
I decided to come home from golf & share a bottle of bubbly with G. I enjoyed it, but this will definitely not be an every day thing. I have broken that habit!

Attachments

cate

Never gives up
It's funny though, as even though it was a conscious decision to have that bubbly, I'm a bit disappointed that I did. I'm going to keep a track of when I do have the occasional drink from now on, whereas last year it would have been easier to keep track of when I did not have a drink. That's real progress.
G & I are going out to have another hit of golf in the chicken run today. We're meeting up with one of his older friends, who is a funny bugger. I have a podiatrist appointment first. I am really enjoying feeling more active. The bubbly made me feel sluggish.

cate

Never gives up
That's the plan Em anyway. I'm only going to have a good quality wine when I do, rather than just drinking wine for its sake. I was surprised that I didn't enjoy it that much. That's a good thing really.

I think it's a fantastic idea to focus on quality. That's actually the approach I have taken to alcohol consumption and it has worked well to both curb how much I drink and to increase my enjoyment when I do.

cate

Never gives up
I think it's a fantastic idea to focus on quality. That's actually the approach I have taken to alcohol consumption and it has worked well to both curb how much I drink and to increase my enjoyment when I do.
It makes sense, doesn't it? I felt so disappointed that I had the wine & hadn't realised just how much I had felt proud of myself for abstaining altogether. It's OK though. For a moment there yesterday I had the "Oh, f*&% it" thought, but dismissed it quick smart. G & I had 2 small chocolates instead with our fruit platter. I like having a stomach that is feeling smaller already.
Just a quick post really to say I am incredibly tired today as I had a rough night's sleep. I probably had 3-4 hours max. It was hot & my brain felt super-wired. I got up & read for a while & ate an orange (how things have changed :D ). That once would have been a little bowl of goodies like ginger, nuts, choc, licorice.....
Have the littlies here for the afternoon. I have had them doing word puzzles & then I made one up. It was great fun. They're smart cookies.

Stan

As much as I love the heat over the cold, it is so much easier to sleep in colder conditions. Just add layers lol. In the heat it's just sticky and horrible sometimes and when a tired Stan is a grumpy Stan, sleep is a must!

cate

Never gives up
Thanks, LaMa, Jen & Stan. I ended up having a pleasant day & slept like a log last night. It rained & is cool :D G is headed to golf & I have decided to have a day at home. I feel some Spring cleaning coming on, with some de-cluttering in there for good measure. The cool feels nice.

Hale

They say there's no rest for the wicked. Probably explains the disturbed sleep after partaking.

Better not get too busy or the converse may bite you!

cate

Never gives up
They say there's no rest for the wicked. Probably explains the disturbed sleep after partaking.

Better not get too busy or the converse may bite you!
I hadn't had any alcohol at all on Thursday. It was just really hot.
Hi Em. We're only a 30 minute drive from the beach, but I haven't swum in the ocean for years & years! Today was cool.
Thanks Cory. I have been reasonably lazy but had a nice day.
I did some weights & some walking but not much else.
I have kept my calories fairly low so far- still have 799 left. Dinner is going to be beef curry, Dahl curry & veg curry on rice, served with papadums, natural yoghurt & G's rhubarb chutney. Yum!
I went to have some salted mixed nuts mid afternoon, weighed them out, scanned them in MFP & then left them there for G! I had 5 GF rice crackers instead with some light hummus, about 1/3 the calories.

I like nuts (at least the ones that don´t try to kill me) but I really don´t understand why anyone would want them salted. Brrr! Crackers with hummus, on the other hand...

cate

Never gives up
Same reason as liking crackers I think LaMa- the salt. G loves them, but he also loves fresh nuts that you shell yourself. Unfortunately shelled, unsalted nuts you buy are also usually horribly stale.

Sadly true. I don´t think I´ve ever even seen a store-bought walnut that wasn´t at least a little rancid. I think it´s the omega 3 fatty acids that are so sensitive at room temp?