1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cate's journey-join me

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by cate, Mar 26, 2007.

1. SamanthaMacG

SamanthaMacG Active Member

Oh that sounds amazing! Sorry you've had a crappy day and I'm glad you have something bright to look forward to!! That sounds like SO much fun!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Little John

Little John Senior

You're going to Sri Lanka, Hana's going to Cambodia? No fair! We're just deciding between NY state and New Hampshire!

4. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Yay for travel plans! I´m sure you guys will love it.

5. cate

cate Senior

Thanks, Hana, Sam, LJ & LaMa. It is exciting! It is also a bit nerve-wracking I must admit. I hope we manage to avoid wild weather (monsoons)! Sri Lanka looks beautiful.

6. Emilyrose

Emilyrose Active Member

I'm a firm believer that a lot of the time, the bad pushes you towards the good. (Example: Getting fat, finding that spark inside you to lose it again, learning empathy in the process, cos you have been there!) So great that you have such a fun trip planned after weathering the storm. Sounds amazing. :)

7. cate

cate Senior

Thanks sweetie. You'll weather the storms too xoxo

8. cate

cate Senior

G & I are off to play golf today at a course I have never played at. We play as a team & it's called a Pinehurst. They are predicting "Showers, developing into steady rain." :( We have entered, so don't feel we can chicken out. You have probably gathered by now that I am not a quitter, but G is even worse(?) than me! I hope they got the forecast wrong!

9. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Around here most golf clubs don´t like if people play when the course is soggy, so maybe they´ll cancel it?

10. cate

cate Senior

It turned out to be not as bad as predicted. There was a huge downpour about halfway around & we got drenched, but overall the day was good. We played with a mother & her son, who were ok company, but not as good as it often is. He was only 27 & was on his phone as soon as he got in the clubhouse & stayed on it. G & I won the "best guests" & won a golf shirt each. I didn't think we played that well, but we didn't mess up any holes. I'm glad we played.

LaMaria likes this.
  11. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Nice to hear! Those shirts any good?

12. cate

cate Senior

They are LaMa. We were able to swap them for another colour & size, which I did.We both ended up with red.

13. cate

cate Senior

I slept so soundly last night & didn't wake at all until 6 am. I went back to sleep again for a couple of hours. I think I had about 9 hours sleep!
    Steps yesterday were 15,045(10.83km), with 26 floors. It is a very hilly course!
    I probably won't be doing much walking today as we have to prepare for a big day tomorrow. It's our annual tournament & we'll have about 90 people coming to play. G & I have lots of food prep. to do, plus lots of paperwork- doing their cards, looking up handicaps etc......busy day!
    I have pulled up ok today. I was aching like crazy last night. I can't take any anti-inflammatories at all (NSAID family) so Arthritis is just something I have to deal with. They say to use it or you'll lose it.
    Better get moving & make a start. Cheers, Cate

14. Little John

Little John Senior

Can you take Tylenol? Not an NSAID, so mayhap it can dull the pain? Hope the tourney went well!

15. cate

cate Senior

I do thanks, LJ. Here it's called Panadol. It does dull it a little. My feet are very swollen tonight & I can hardly walk, but it was a very successful day. I am absolutely knackered! I'm going to try to play golf tomorrow. I'll see how I wake up.

16. cate

cate Senior

I slept really well, woke up feeling pretty good & am off to golf.
    Had oat sourdough toast with one egg, pan-fried zucchini, mushroom & tomato for breakfast. It's meant to get to about 26oC today & there's no wind, so it should be a good day for golf.

17. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Active Member

Hope u have fun today :)

18. Little John

Little John Senior

Enjoy it!

19. cate

cate Senior

Thanks, Rebel & LJ. I did :)
    I didn't play good golf but had an enjoyable day. I slept very soundly again last night, including on my chair.
    It's Vets golf again today for those who couldn't play on Tuesday as we were all booked up in the tournament. We also have to be back home by 4.10 to get the kids off the bus.
    We should be able to have a stay home day tomorrow!

20. cate

cate Senior

I just started reading the diaries & replied toSunflower & was about to reply to Morgane when G got a really nasty text from the new captain at the golf club. We are both really upset & I don't think I am up to looking at diaries. I'm shaking. I want G to write down the things that are being said to him & to read out a letter at the next committee meeting detailing it. This man did not even have the courage to ring him. G tried ringing him but he hasn't returned his call. One thing this has achieved is that G is now texting him saying from now on he will not be helping him at all. He actually called G a liar. Wow. I'm trying hard not to swear. This will be dealt with, but a nice relaxing day would have been nice.

21. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

What a crap start to the day, I certainly would not of held back from swearing :(