1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cheat days and getting off track

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by monate, Nov 11, 2016.

1. monate

monate New Member

hi,
    I have been struggling with over eating or binge eating at one point or another over the last 15 years.

I started healthy lifestyle january 2016. I stopped eating fast food (Mcdonalds, pizza, etc) instead i went for sushi restaurant every two weeks. I allowed myself a cheat day every two weeks (sometimes 4-5 days a month) where icould eat anything i wanted in mind deration for that day.

However, i tended to overeat on thise days but it wasnt a problem since it was not every day thing and i kept losing weight with that.

But 1 month ago i went off track after a cheat day and went back to my old habits of eating poorly almost every day.
    The worst thing is that i eat large chips and chocolates ( large maltesers) probably that will be 2000 cal extra in totall and gained 8 kg in the last 30 days. I feel bloated and bad.

What can i do to break these bad habits?
    I really feel helpless and hopeless.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. allcdnboy

allcdnboy Administrator Staff Member

The only way I'm able to avoid binging is by never buying the products. If the are in the house, I will eat them and usually an open bag is an empty bag. Self-control is my biggest weakness. So, shopping AFTER meal helps reduce the urges for junk food, or having the wife do all the shopping.

4. charlotte200

charlotte200 New Member

allcdnboy's right. have proper meal before shopping. and take little money, only to buy really necessary food. and make a habit to eat regularly (every two hours) in small portions (and NOT snacks of course) then you'll feel full and the desire for something bad'll reduce