1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hello Weight Loss Forums!

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by Will J., Nov 29, 2017.

1. Will J.

Will J. New Member

Hello Everyone,

I'm a college student writing a paper on online communities, and after much searching, I found this community as one that is very impressive and inclusive. I admire how everyone is so supportive, no matter the circumstance. If there are any comments regarding the atmosphere of the forums, it's history, or anything else, and you feel comfortable offering your opinions, it'd be great to get some direct feedback from the members themselves!

Best regards and good luck on your journeys,

Will J.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

Hi, Will. This is a really supportive community. We are a very diverse group from all over the world. I personally think that is the key to our openness. We are mixing with people who we don't know. They don't know our back story. There are no pre-conceptions, no history and we share what we want to share. I find people seem to be more honest & open than they may normally be. I have found more confidence through this forum. We value one another's support.
    Perhaps we can use your diary as a place to answer any questions you may have for your paper. I'll be happy to. Cheers, Cate.

4. Will J.

Will J. New Member

Hello Cate,
    I really appreciate the reply. I want to focus a portion of my paper on why people tend to "put themselves out there" in an online setting and share many personal parts of their lives. Another portion of my paper deals more specifically with how the resources (healthy food, money, etc.) that a person has available can affect how quickly they are capable of reaching their weight loss goals. I will be vouching for less costly healthy food options in my paper with the intention to help those of the lower class who can't afford high-quality food achieve their weight loss goals. Any statements or responses from members is greatly appreciated! Thank you all for your time.

From,
    Will