1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Home Exercises to Lose Weight Quickly - 5 Tips

Discussion in 'Exercises' started by hamza25, Aug 5, 2013.

1. sachin

sachin New Member

5 Minute Fat Burning Exercises at Home(Set 1):

Inverted V Pipe Exercise: (30 seconds)
    W Leg Lifts Exercise: (30 Seconds)
    Superman Exercise: (30 seconds)
    Jump Squats Exercise: (30 seconds)
    Single Leg Lift Jump Exercise: (1 minute)
    Bent Leg Rotating Exercise: (1 minute)
    Skipping Exercise: (30 seconds)

5 Minute Fat Burning Exercises at Home(Set 2):

Glute Bridge (1 Minute)
    Inverted Shoulder Press (1 Minute)
    Alternating Lunge (1 Minute)
    Skater Hops (1 Minute)
    Skater Hops (1 Minute)

Beth Jones likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. juliedespino

juliedespino New Member

Thank you for sharing

4. Raelee

Raelee New Member

My favorite exercise of all time is jumping squats with a few pound weights.

5. Theresa edwards

Theresa edwards New Member

6. Theresa edwards

7. Theresa edwards

Hey. My problem is that I m losing the weight fine. I'm now a healthy average weight. But after three kids, need to know what exercises would help me tone up my tummy? Am not confident enough for the gym, so if u suggest some some exercises to do at home which would just tighten up my tummy and the backs of my arms I would be so grateful....thank u so much.:)

8. Beth Jones

Beth Jones New Member

@Theresa edwards - Get your self some nice dumbbells and start a simple strength training regimen.
    They don't have to be particularly heavy, maybe between 2-5 pounds each.

Curls and pushups are great for the arms, leg lifts and crunches for the abs, and jumping jacks for core and cardio.
    Keep it simple and stick with it!

9. allcdnboy

allcdnboy Administrator Staff Member

If you do pushups, be sure to do upper back. If you do curls, be sure to do triceps. If you do crunches, be sure to do lower back exercises. You have to keep your muscles balanced, so don't forget the corresponding muscles.

10. Matt Hartley

Matt Hartley New Member

Great thread! I think the balance in what we eat and what we do (exercises) is the underlying factor that will really kick off the losing of our weight. I must say, the mentioned exercises at home are very practical and helpful!

11. Kelli Ourada

Kelli Ourada New Member

@Carly Mendivil I love yoga too! I go to a studio and practice at home as well.

12. NathalieAndrews

NathalieAndrews New Member

Any exercises that can replace squats? Busted knee, so I can't do em, not even after the recuperation period. But I know they're excessively good, are there any alternatives that don't apply that pressure to the knees?

13. allcdnboy

allcdnboy Administrator Staff Member

1 or all 3 of these; wall squats, shallow squats and lunges, should work with bad knees.

14. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

What have you actually done to your knee ? usually with proper rehab and correct form will return functionality to the knee ?

15. NathalieAndrews

A meniscus injury, I twisted it badly during an exercise. Until they get an MR done, which will take a while, I won't know more. But I am planning to go to a physiotherapist once that is done, and start up training. Not sure how well it will go, doctor was wholly head-scratching on that note. Just told me to not do anything :/

16. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Most general practice doctors are pretty clueless when it comes to post injury exercise, I would suggest you start seeing your physiotherapist ASAP even if you have not had your scan yet, getting the proper rehab exercises started as early as possible will lead to better and faster recovery.

In the past I have torn every ligament in my right knee and have had surgery, with proper rehab it is possible to return to full activity including full squat (I became a a National powerlifting champion post knee surgery) and for any injuries I get which need scans my GP will just give me the results and say "you know how to rehab this better than I do" due to my job working in sports medicine as a sports trainer (athletics trainer). So trust your physiotherapist more than your general doctor for injuries.

17. NathalieAndrews

Will do :)

Thank you for your advice! It's a little scary to me, because I don't understand heads or tails of these things, but I'll get my butt to physio as quick as possible.

Trusylver likes this.