1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you include more vegetables in lunch?

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by weightlossquick, Apr 18, 2017.

1. weightlossquick

weightlossquick New Member

I take main dish salads for lunch and vary the vegetables and other toppings I use to minimize boredom and get variety. Current favorites are baby carrots (so convenient), cut up bell pepper, and kohlrabi - a root vegetable that is crunchy and just a little sweet.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. runninguphill

runninguphill New Member

I like spinach, thin slices of chili peppers, edamame, carrots, red bell peppers, and if I want to add more flavor, a drop of hummus. Mix it up well and top with some pumpkin seeds. Edamame is my absolute favourite!

SteWatson likes this.
  4. In Canada

In Canada New Member

Any salad I have almost always includes avocado. So good, and so good for you. And I second edamame. I actually very often have edamame as a snack. I eat breakfast fairly early (around 6:30) and find I need something between then and lunch. Edamame does the trick.

5. busybee

busybee New Member

I "hide" vegetables in almost every meal. Living with a meat lover can be difficult if you're trying to eat healthy, so I pretty much do what parents usually do when their kids are not eating their vegetables. :D I mix, dice, chop, blend vegetables wherever I can. Instead of just rice I have rice mixed with vegetables, I blend vegetables and mix them in minced meat to make meatballs, or when I have pasta, I substitute half of the amount with various vegetables. There are many recipes online that helped me.

6. NathalieAndrews

NathalieAndrews New Member

I like scrambled eggs with veggies put in the eggs before frying them. It gets kinda egg-salad-y, and very yummy.
    That depends if you can fry stuff for your lunch though, otherwise I tend to take it on the side or other ways mixed into it (like filled squash).