1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to lose weight without giving up junk food?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss with Health Conditions' started by mantishugo, Jan 27, 2017.

1. mantishugo

mantishugo New Member

If somebody loves eating junk food then how exactly can he lose weight without giving up on his taste?

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. I. Kostelenski

I. Kostelenski New Member

well, if your eating habits have led you to a situation where you are, it is obvious that some things you need to change ... if you eat junk food 1-2 per week, and if the other food is fine - 4-5 times per day, based on proteins, I see no reason not to lose weight

Jo Handley likes this.
  4. mantishugo

mantishugo New Member

It means if we workout a little more and continue eating what we love to eat then we can prevent weight gain, isn't it?

Marcbenson22 likes this.
  5. Nick Wilson

Nick Wilson New Member

If you want to lose weight,then firslty you must need to avoid junk food totally. But if you can't able to make it fast then you just need to workout out that much so that you could burn those extra junk caloies. But make your first preference is to avoid it.

6. weightlossquick

weightlossquick New Member

Junk food is BIG NO NO!!
    not for weight loss, but for overall health.

You can’t lose weight with the same eating habits that put the weight there. Change your attitude, set some new rules and take responsibility.

7. Jo Handley

Jo Handley New Member

Hi,
    This is a great question as I absolutely love junk food! It might not be healthy but we can't all be that good! I personally eat 5/6 days a week on plan and work out during these days, usually for about 45mins to 1 hour mostly weight training (although to lose weight cardio is very effective!) On my days off plan I will eat well till the evening and then eat my favourite bars of chocolate and packet of crisps and then have a takeaway
    I personally take this as my day off so I won't workout although I would advise to workout as I'm not trying to lose weight at the moment just build muscle! Cheat meals are advised rather than a big pig out but I'm an all or nothing kind of person..
    Try HIIT for best results which is good if u get bored while running/cycling etc. For 20mins altogether: sprint for 30-60seconds then either stop completely to catch ur breathe or slow right down to recover and repeat (try recovering for 1-2mins at most)
    Hopefully this LOAD of information makes sense X

8. Jo Handley

Jo Handley New Member

I think that's quite a negative reply.. you only live once if you want that bar of chocolate have it, but make sure you eat healthy the majority of the time, drink lots of water and exercise!

9. -Cory-

-Cory- Senior

In all honesty, you can eat what you want and still lose weight. The important thing is being honest about the calories you're taking in. I'm not sure what your stats are, so I don't know how many calories you should be eating to lose weight. Figure that out, then just eat that many calories (or less) of junk food and you'll still lose weight. I know a friend who lost weight this way. Myfitnesspal is a great way to track calories if you are interested in this approach.

That being said, most people find it easier to cut back on the junk food and eat more healthy foods because they tend to be lower in calories and you eat more volume for the same caloric content. It's possible to succeed by not changing what you eat and focusing completely on the calories, but you might be hungry because you'll definitely have to cut back (possibly a lot) on the amount.

10. inni

inni New Member

Your body is made of 80% of what you eat which mean if you eat JUNK FOOD, your body will be made out of the JUNK. Do you really want that to happen? To me, eating junk food once a week doesn't increase my weight, but I try not to have it much since I don't want to get those toxins into my body. The more toxins you have, the more fat your body will preserve because your body would use fat as the protection shield to protect the vital organs from getting those harmful substance.

11. mantishugo

mantishugo New Member

In my opinion, if somebody loves to eat pizza, then by all means he should have it. BUT!!! Yes, a big but... he needs to spend that calories which he got from that pizza somehow (exercise or any physical work). But the problem is, people get lazy when they have what they want. Isn't that true?

12. Omega

Omega Super Moderator

One way forward is to see if you can find a healthier alternative way of making the craved food.

An example has to be "Slimming World chips" which taste very similar to normal chips (french fries) but have a lot less calories.

13. daisy taylor

daisy taylor New Member

absolutely but weight loss is something else and weight maintenance totally a different thing, you need to cut those things which cause weight gain while on weight loss journey,

Last edited: Apr 7, 2017
    mantishugo likes this.
  14. daisy taylor

daisy taylor New Member

well it is as simple as burn more than you consume, if you are consuming junks and fast foods you have have a wonderful digestive system and tons of activities to burn all those calories but it is almost impossible to keep your stomach running 100% all the time, calorie counting might help you as when you count calories you will automatically start consuming less.

15. mantishugo

mantishugo New Member

I got it. But people who have strong cravings for sugar, cheese pizza, burgers and spicy/oily/fried food are hopeless. They won't stop giving up the food they love eating. They are like in the addiction of eating junk all their life. I feel very pity for such people. E.g. Renee Williams.

16. weightlossgreenstoretea

weightlossgreenstoretea New Member

If the calorie coming out of your body is low enough, you can continue to eat junk food, but I do not find it healthy.Take the daily junk food amount and go for a daily walk to burn fat. Remember, your heart is valuable.

daisy taylor likes this.
  17. Shishir18

Shishir18 New Member

Day by day i am going so fat . What can i do ?

18. ThinHappy40

ThinHappy40 New Member

How to lose weight while eating junk food
    Step 1.
    do some research and get familiar with macro nutrients. list all your junk foods according to their macros. the junk foods with highest protein content can roughly be considered the healthiest.
    Step2.
    Eat the junk food options with the highest carbohydrate content like pizzas for lunch and highest protein content foods for supper. go for options with more protein like choosing a double burger versus a single burger and fries.
    Step 3.
    Concentrate on other factors to lose weight, like increasing exercise and metabolism. Look at meal timing, intermittent fasting, thermogenics etc.
    meal timing can be a very effective strategy for people who are not great at following diets. there are many new studies proving its efficacy.