1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I want to Lose Weight because I love Myself

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by JayFS, Nov 28, 2017.

1. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Not because I want to look hot. Not because I want to please others. I am doing this for myself, and no one else.

Hey there! Welcome to my weight loss journal. I'm Jay and I am a twenty-something-year-old on his way to losing weight. I am currently sitting at 190 lbs at 5'7". I used to be 221 lbs at one point in my life. I had dropped down all the way to 164 lbs, entered a relationship then rebounded the hell back to 190.

I'm done beating myself up for it. I'm doing hating myself for how I look. I'm done hating that I'm lazy and I had let myself go. I'm just done!

It's time to love myself and move forward. My goal is to reach 150 lbs. I was almost there. With some perseverance, willpower, and hopefully some online support, I'll be able to get to where I need to be.

But wait, here's an Interesting Twist!

I am a Mukbanger. For those of you that haven't heard of what that is, I am the owner of a Youtube channel that features regular eating shows for my user's enjoyment. I am currently sitting at almost 40,000 subscribers and counting.

My Youtube channel is literally talking and eating, and most of the time, it's eating large amounts of foods.

Yea, I know. Not exactly great for weight loss, is it?

But that's what this journal is for! I want to keep myself on track. I want to balance my hobby as a Youtuber, fit in my full-time job as a nurse, and still lose weight. I know it will be very difficult, but I know it's completely possible.

Some Pix!

pie.png
    Because... chicken pot pie!
    marshmallow.png
    Me and marshmallow having a good time.
    20170911_142203.jpg
    A really crappy full-body picture. I'll add a picture that better shows my "problem" areas later.
    padthai.png
    To give you guys an idea of what my eating show looks like.

Anyway, that's my entire intro to this journal. I hope you guys enjoy following me on my journey to losing weight. Thanks for reading!

elizab3th likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Day 1

Woot! It's day one of my weight loss journey.

I'm spending most of the day planning out how the rest of the week will go, and trying to quantify how exactly I'm going to lose weight. I'm going to be setting some mini-goals for this week so that I won't shock myself and end up quitting early.

So for this week, I have the following goals:
    • Work out for an hour at least once
    • Only eat out three times this week (2 out of 3)
    • Cook and pack food for the rest of the week (on 11/28/2017)
    • Recording an eating show, only once, while sticking to no more than 2000 calories
    • Stick to 1700 calories on a daily basis
    I already went to the gym today for about an hour doing some muscle workouts and a quick cardio session at the end, so my first goal is already achieved.

I honestly did pretty awful, but I'm not going to think about it too much. I did what I could and that's what matters.

I calculated my daily caloric needs and it equated to about 1700 calories. I am on my feet all day when I'm working, so 1700 should be enough to keep me satisfied but also allow me to lose at least 1 lb a week.

Anyway, off to cooking! Will update this post if anything new happens.

elizab3th likes this.
  4. elizab3th

elizab3th Well-Known Member

Welcome! :) *Good job on the workout today and great planning. Mini-goals rock. Every day is a win when you break it down into daily objectives.

5. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Right? I think my biggest mistake was doing too much things too quickly. The progress will be slow, but at least it will be permanent! :)

6. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Welcome to the forum and best of luck with your goals! How many videos do you normally record in a week? Compensating for one shouldn´t be too hard (especially if you cook the meal yourself and can up the veggies/lower the fat content a bit) but if you do two or more you´ll have your work cut out for you. I´m sure you can do this though: you sound sensible, as a nurse you have a lot more knowledge of the human body than your average Joe and you seem committed to finding a long-term strategy.

7. elizab3th

That's kind of where I tripped myself up. I went too hard, too fast and the results were great off the bat, but that momentum shot me downwards into a binging cycle just as hard and now I feel like I've lost a whole week of progress. Looking at this now, slow and steady! And permanent! Definitely permanent!

8. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Hey, welcome! Best of luck with your goals!

9. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Day 2

Hey, I'm back! Day two but I still feel motivated. Before I go any further, let's review this week's goals:
    • Work out for an hour at least once (DONE!)
    • Only eat out three times this week (2 out of 3)
    • Cook and pack food for the rest of the week (on 11/28/2017) (DONE!)
    • Recording an eating show, only once, while sticking to no more than 2000 calories (DONE!)
    • Stick to 1700 calories on a daily basis
    I already finished 3 out of 5 of my goals.

I will say that I feel really hungry right now. I ate my prepared teriyaki, vegetable, and brown rice dish this morning and it was pretty dang good, especially considering how awful it looked.

I did however, had a serving of chips today, but I'm not going to let that bother me. I'm still very much underneath my calorie goal. I'm trying to decide what to eat tonight. I'm thinking salmon might be good, but we will see!

I also didn't weight myself! I forgot to this morning. Right now I'm staying at my boyfriend's house, and as far as I know, he doesn't have a weight scale, so I'll just have to weigh myself when I get back to my home sometime on Monday.

Anyway, time to just drink more and more water. The hardest part is always the first two weeks, so I just need to get through it and it will all be downhill (weight wise!) from here.

10. JayFS

JayFS New Member

I used to record every day (pretty sure this has contributed to my weight gain), but now I only record a maximum of twice a week. I definitely will try to cook more homemade food.

I'm trying to incorporate Shirataki noodles into my diet. They're so magical. They taste strange but I love to use it as filler to make my "bad" food seem like there's a lot more. That, along with vegetables, should keep my stomach at bay.

And I am very committed! It's funny because I knew exactly what to do, but my stubborness and laziness got the best of me. But I feel like I'm on the right track again.

11. JayFS

JayFS New Member

I totally understand. I gained weight from this very long binging phase I had. I just need to develop a healthy relationship with food instead of an abusive one.

elizab3th likes this.
  12. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Thank you so much! :)

13. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

That´s the only way to keep a healthy weight long-term. Be careful to not let the pendulum swing back too far though and start undereating. Balance is hard.

14. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Day 3

It's late and I'm tired. Going to keep this short. I stuck to my calories fine today. Had a beer, but I still didn't do so bad. Good night.

elizab3th and LaMaria like this.
  15. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

well done!

16. cate

cate Senior

Good for you :)

17. elizab3th

Way to stick to the daily calories! I hope you have a great Friday!

18. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Day 4

I forgot to something for Day 4! oops! I'll just make this post quick.

I spent the day at work. I had made 3 meals for work earlier in the week, so I didn't go out to eat my entire work week, which is such an achievement for me because I ALWAYS go out to eat during my lunch break. My bank account is thanking me, I'm sure.

Ate within my calorie limit again today. I haven't done this in such a long time. 4 days in a row and going strong. I have already been told my face looks thinner, probably because I'm not swollen from all the fat and salt I was eating chronically. Haha.

19. JayFS

JayFS New Member

Day 5

*cough* *cough* Okay, time to move onto Day 5!

Today might be a little rough because I'm with my boyfriend right now and we are going to go out today. We are planning on visiting two dessert places - an ice cream place, and a bakery, with a friend whom we have not seen in a while. I might just call this a junk day and just enjoy my weekend. I get a weekend off only once every three weeks. What do you guys think?

I had a good breakfast today - the boyfriend made scrambled eggs with mushroom, fiber, and spam pieces. Bu I will try my best to stay on track. Might increase the calorie limit to 2000 today instead of 1700 so I can have fun? Or maybe 2400... that should be the limit so I don't gain any weight today, but don't lose any either.

We shall see!

20. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Once every three weeks isn't a lot so 2400 kcal wouldn't harm you in the long run. Whether or not splurging now is a good idea is your decision though; for some people it's a way to combat cravings whike for others it just creates more of them.

21. cate

cate Senior

Spurging throws me off track totally. Hope you enjoy the day without getting totally derailed :)