1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

if at first you don't succeed...

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by One_More_Time, Mar 22, 2018.

1. cate

cate Sticks around

I actually just looked up pop. In Australia, it's called soft drink. Why do you drink it, Jane? It's actually a serious question. I'm just curious as it's not something I think of having if I'm thirsty. If, on the other hand, pop to you is the equivalent to my glass of wine at the end of the day, then I understand totally.
    That Greek platter sounds scrumptious. Did it have Taramasalata on it? YUM! No, of course, it didn't :blush5: that's fish roe!
    Hugs back to you, xo Cate.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Ooo, dinner sounds delicious! Much better than junk food.

One_More_Time likes this.
  4. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

2 weeks + 5 days

I haven't been sleeping well lately and it finally caught up to me today and i was so tired i took a rest day.

brekky: Clementine, yogurt, waffle with butter, protein drink

lunch: cheese ravioli, savory salad with olive oil, protein drink

dinner: Shepherd's Pie, savory butternut squash and brussel sprouts with olive oil

misc: herbal tea, pop, 1L water

total: 1513

Hugs,

Jane.

5. Unstoppable

Unstoppable New Member

Sorry to hear you haven't slept well. It's never fun being tired, but hopefully you're feeling more rested now. Take it easy if you need to. You're doing great!

6. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

3 weeks + 6 days

Thanks for the support, Unstoppable!

I'm out of the danger period for quitting dieting. I've been on many diets that were three weeks or less but once i move into the fourth week it's a sure thing. I rested again today and feel excellent! I knew i just needed some rest and i was right. The only thing that's dogging me is a neck injury that's been bothering me since Friday when i did vigorous Spring cleaning and moved furniture. It's much improved tho. I see my doctor on Tuesday on another matter and if it still persists i'll bring it up.

I don't think i'll pursue the epic walks tho. I only have a small amount of energy and if i spend it on going on long walks the rest of my life suffers because i don't have any energy for anything else. I know the perceived wisdom is that eventually exercise will give you more energy but i can never seem to get to that point. I exercised for as long as four weeks in the Winter and my life was a wreck by the time i called it quits. I need my small supply of energy to keep my life running smoothly.

brekky: same as yesterday

lunch: quiche, butternut squash and savory salad with olive oil, protein drink

snack: apple

dinner: Chicken Kiev, savory mixed veggies with olive oil, oriental rice

misc: 1L water, 2 pop

total: 1625

Hugs,

Jane.

7. cate

cate Sticks around

I'm glad you are feeling better after a rest & hope your neck recovers soon. Magnesium oil is wonderful for aches & pains & if you massage it into the tops of your feet about 20 mins before bed-time it helps you sleep more soundly. I have been using it for about a year now & would never have believed how good it was if someone had told me. I buy mine online but it is available in most health food stores.

8. Unstoppable

Unstoppable New Member

Some people will probably argue with me, but you don't need exercise to lose weight. Does it help? Yes. Do you get added health benefits? Absolutely. But is it truly necessary to lose weight? No. You just need to create a caloric deficit, and you're going to do that by lowering your intake. It's as simple, yet as complex, as that. The way I see it, weight loss happens in the kitchen and fitness happens in the gym (or through other forms of exercise). Personally, I've always viewed exercise as a way of cheating the system because the more I work out the more calories I burn, which in turn means I can technically eat "more" while still creating a deficit. But if exercise is causing you pain, discomfort, or is just all around a miserable experience, don't force yourself into doing it because you think you have to.

That said, perhaps instead of long walks, try starting out small. Take a walk around the block. Do that a couple days, weeks, or however long it takes for you to get comfortable and then maybe try walking two blocks. Just walk five minutes. Ten minutes. Build yourself up to longer walks. It's not a race. The only person you're competing against is yourself, and small wins will lead to bigger victory.

You're doing an amazing job so far! Keep it up!

LaMaria likes this.
  9. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Agreed with the shorter walks: anything that makes you suffer is extraordinarily hatd to maintain in the long run. Exercise is important for a LOT of reasons but weightloss isn't one of them.

10. -Cory-

-Cory- Senior

I think it's good that you're listening to your body. If you are becoming inordinately tired from your exercise, then it's probably wise to cut back. Diet is most important for weight loss anyways. Just keep at it!

11. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

I lost 1.2 pounds this week! And i didn't even do that well! YAY!

12. Unstoppable

Unstoppable New Member

Not every day has to be perfect to make progress. Congrats on the weight loss!

13. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Another good bit of weight gone. Well done!

14. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

4 weeks + 2 days

Woke up before dawn and have felt tired all day. I find it extra hard to diet when tired. I did well tho except for a single-serving size bag of chips that i gave into in the afternoon but that was only 210 cals so no biggie.

brekky: same as usual

lunch: 6" turkey sub

snack: chips

dinner: noodles in tomato sauce with beef, savory mixed veggies with olive oil

misc: 1L water, 2 pops

total: 1365

Hugs,

Jane.

15. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

4 weeks + 3 days

It's been an easy day in dieting. I'm beginning to relax about the whole thing.

brekky: same as usual

lunch: Shepherd's Pie

dinner: quiche, savory mixed veggies with olive oil

misc: 1L water, 3 pops

total: 1335

Hugs,

Jane.

16. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I like the sound of that :) It´s definitely easier not to oversnack when you eat such wonderful meals! Something I´ve wondered: what do you mean by "savory" mixed veggies? A standard mix or the stuff you put on them?

17. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

4 weeks + 4 days

Another relatively easy day in dieting. LaMa: by 'savory' i mean seasoned with a sprinkle of garlic and herbs.

brekky: same

lunch: noodles in tomato sauce with beef, savory mixed veggies with olive oil

dinner: Chicken Kiev, savory brussel sprouts with olive oil, oriental rice

total: 1593 cals

Hugs,

Jane.

18. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Ah, now I understand, thanks! Food sounds nice today.

19. -Cory-

-Cory- Senior

Looks like you're doing well and sticking to it!

20. One_More_Time

One_More_Time New Member

4 weeks + 5 days

Another easy day. Managing my hunger well.

brekky: same minus the yogurt

lunch: quiche, savory mixed veggies with olive oil

dinner: Shepherd's Pie, savory brussel sprouts with olive oil

total: 1383

Hugs,

Jane.

21. cate

cate Sticks around

You are well and truly in the groove :)