1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Is paddleboarding good for weight loss?

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Through Exercise' started by Janelovesdogs, Apr 20, 2017.

?

Is paddleboarding good for weight loss

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Janelovesdogs

Janelovesdogs New Member

I recently read an article saying that paddleboarding is a good way to lose weight. (Link Removed)

I love to paddle board, but I only really did it for fun. I thought it might be a good way to tone your muscles a bit, but I never really thought of it as being good for burning fat. Can anyone confirm? Is paddleboarding a good way to lose weight? Seems like a fun way to do it if so

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 20, 2017
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Elliot Phillips

Elliot Phillips New Member

It would depend what your goal was? If you are looking to specifically burn fat then you would be much better selecting an exercise where you can recruit more muscle which will increase your ability to burn fat. Paddleboarding will be good for developing muscular endurance.

4. Jan PT

Jan PT New Member

Anything that keeps you active would burn more calories compared to sitting on a couch. To get a good cardio benefit you would need to push to a point of exertion. If you paddleboard at a relaxing pace I would guess that would be more like walking - if you do enough of it you will burn a lot of calories.