1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaMa

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by LaMaria, Jun 16, 2017.

1. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Hi lovely WLF people! I woke up this morning with new motivation for diary stuff so here goes :) I just started a food diary on a German app which has pretty much all my local brands and possibly won´t crash my computer (unlike the Fitbit app) so I can report that my yogurt/oat/chia/fruit/almond breakfast was 486 kcal and the average daily intake needed to stay at my current weight is around 2650 kcal so I´m aiming to not go under 1800 kcal, nor over 2650. For anyone who doens´t know me: I´m a female physical therapist living in Vienna, 1,74 m tall/short, going on 37 and not going to tell anyone my weight anymore because I have a therapist these days and I´m supposed to focus on a healthy relationship with food, not the numbers on the scale.

In a good mood today because my new app classifies me as "lightly overweight", which sounds very friendly. Plus I just checked and found that the hand-sized blood stain on the back of one of my work shirts came out without a trace. Boss freaked out a bit yesterday, though I´m assuming that was more due to thinking I was bleeding to death than out of concern for company property. Hadn´t even noticed, not my blood, thanks for telling me as it means that my last client indeed had that wound on her arm before we started. I (and she) only noticed it by the end of our session and was at a loss to think of ways she might have got a 6 cm long tear in her arm when we weren´t even working with it. Now I´m off to get a big box to store any clothes in I don´t want to see because they don´t fit (and which I still don´t want to throw away because I´m a very stubborn LaMa).

Have a lovely day y´all!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Your back :)
    [Squeal s like a girl]

LaMaria likes this.
  4. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:D Yep, I´m back and feeling good about it (and also squealing like a girl). Having broccoli and white bean soup for lunch, up to 1150 kcal so far so I guess I´m pretty much on schedule (forgot to calculate the cacao nibs for breakfast but I added them in afterwards). The original recipe for my soup had only four ingredients: broccoli, canned beans, salt and garlic powder. For a whole meal! No wonder some people are naturally skinny if they´re happy with food like that... :eek: I added some onion and blue cheese for taste and rice to up the calories and it was lovely.

5. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Sounds yummy... Well your version not the more basic :)

LaMaria likes this.
  6. cate

cate Senior

I am so glad you have started back with a diary LaMa! Visiting a diary is our version of visiting your home, but without having to do all that housework. EEK re your work shirt! All that bleeding! That just made me shudder!
    I'm trying not to focus on the numbers too. I feel good about myself & I want it to stay that way. I'm glad you're focussing on that too xoxo

LaMaria likes this.
  7. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I think it´s the only way for me to make this work long-term. It´s so hard, though! Caught myself thinking about food all the fricking time today, even though I kept myself busy and I was never hungry. Came in at around 2400 kcal today due to a post-dinner beer. Which probably had something to do with my dinner consisting of... snacks. I just couldn´t see myself eating a real meal anymore. I somehow have a revulsion of food while at the same time wanting to eat little things all the time. Work in progress, I guess. Happy with the day as a whole, even though I didn´t go to the gym. Went for walkies and did some house work.

Rebel lee likes this.
  8. cate

cate Senior

~There is now a balance in the WLF forum~
    ~ I can come visit you ~
    :D :grouphug: :D

LaMaria likes this.
  9. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

That's the nicest way ive been called unbalanced ;)

LaMaria likes this.
  10. cate

cate Senior

Very amusing Rebel. We have all been able to visit one another in our diaries, but now we can also visit LaMa in hers :D

11. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Absolutely..... :)

12. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

You guys are great :D

Started the day at the gym this morning, had some pimped-up yogurt for breakfast and will now have a think about food for the day. Babysitting won´t be necessary (event got canceled) so I think I can invest the energy and go to the food festival :)

Rebel lee likes this.
  13. Delsid

Delsid Active Member

You're BACK!! How lovely!!!

LaMaria likes this.
  14. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:) Looks like it... Thanks, Delsid!

Going to a food festival with a friend and being entirely too sleepy for comfort didn´t make me too confident about my calories but I only got what I really wanted to try, shared with D and didn´t finish things I didn´t really like. If the mistakes in my guestimates cancel each other out I came in just under maintenance which is not bad for a Sunday. Thing is: the grazing at the festival made me extremely cravy. I had dinner early and followed up with a bowl of sweet, sweet yogurt with fresh mango and cacao nibs - which is better than the chocolate and icecream my brain was screaming for and it didn´t make me feel sick. Too bad I´m hungry again. Not cravy but jaw-crampingly, stomach-rumblingly hungry. And it´s only 8 :willy_nilly: Guess I´ll go for a bit of a walk and then go to bed early or I´ll just be getting on my own nerves.

15. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Been there....... Maybe something small
    1 egg or maybe some cheese wrapped in a piece of sandwich meat. Just a lil something so you tummy will let u sleep soon.

Hey im trying here... ;)

LaMaria likes this.
  16. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:) I appreciate the sentiment but eating before bed/during the night is not something I want to get started on :)
    The good news is that hunger is - in my crazy lucky, voluptuous case - not an emergency. I can actually deal with stomach-hunger better than with brain-hunger a lot of the time simply because it listens to logic. I tell myself I had a good meal only x time ago and will have another one in y time so I'm quite safe and can concentrate on something else. The rumbling doesn't go away completely but it lets me sleep.

17. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Yup i so forgot about the time difference. You say 8 but i see one. Damn paradox ;)

18. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:) Yeah if it had been 1 pm I definitely would have eaten something. Slept for a good long time so I hope my defences are up today. Dying for a coke zero already (8 am). On the bright side: the skin on my hands is doing well so I may be able to reduce the steroid cream soon.
    I got a message from my sister this morning: our cousins from my dad´s side want to do a meet-up late September. No parents, no partners, no kids. After the panic I got into about the last family thing I´m surprising myself by thinking that would be a good idea and something I´d want to visit. I guess it helps that there´s only 25 of us and I haven´t seen most of them since my grandfather died in 2001.

19. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Sounds like a good outing.

LaMaria likes this.
  20. cate

cate Senior

The meet up with the cousins sounds like a great idea LaMa. Only 25? Only? I think I have only 2 ( was 3). G only has 4 (was 5). That's 1st cousins. Our sons have 5 from my side of the family & 8 from G's. Lucky you :)
    Curious to know why you crave coke zero. I know cravings do not necessarily spring from logic, but is it the caffeine? I have a couple of small espressos in the morning at home but then stick to herbal tea after that.
    I love that you have a diary again!

LaMaria likes this.
  21. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:) Yeah, I come from an area that was a bit behind the times and completely controlled by the Catholic church right until the seventies. The other grandmother had 20 grandkids so "only" 25 as opposed to the barbarian invasion you´d get if everyone brought their partners and families.

a) Sweetness
    b) Sweetness
    I loathe every other source of caffeine. And I have caffeine-free coke zero when I´m back home but it doesn´t exist in Austria. Nor do most other diet sodas, except for one specialized localish brand that´s wayyy too sweet for my taste. Distracted myself by getting a big pot of chili going (with a bit of liver instead of mince for extra earthiness; not everybody´s business but I love it and I don´t normally like liver at all) for midweek lunches and I think I´ll be fine now. Time to go run some errands.