1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

LaMa

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by LaMaria, Jun 16, 2017.

1. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I overate quite a bit yesterday but since I stuck to "real" food the calorie total still isn't half as much as what one of my old binges would have been.
    Slept around 10 hours and both my throat and my skin are feeling a bit better. Took antihistamine as soon as I got home yesterday and again this morning, which probably helped some.
    Realized on getting out of the shower that the skin on my entire body is feeling a bit raw so the problem can't be just cortisone withdrawal as I've really only been using that on my hands and lower arms. So it still may be a virus or a reaction to the smoke. Did I mention I'm allergic to incense? That one I secretly find funny.

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

I am SO allergic to incense! I can't even go into a store that sells it, let alone where it is actually being burned!

LaMaria likes this.
  4. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:p Which leaves the question: what unholy creatures are we? I'm pale enough to be a vampire but too heavy. I have calves and no hooves so I don't feel very demonic. A witch perhaps? I'm ginger and don't respect authority unless it's backed by reason so I guess that fits :p

5. cate

cate Senior

We're OK LaMa. It's the rest of the world that's crazy! :D

LaMaria likes this.
  6. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

I have never heard of incense allergy!! Weird! I can see how, though ... the smoke and chemicals ...

LaMaria likes this.
  7. Stan

Stan Well-Known Member

I guess you're all incensed :confused: Sorry... terrible dad joke lol

Hope your day has gone well today :)

LaMaria likes this.
  8. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Ah yes, I keep forgetting :p
    Smoke of any kind is bahaahaaad for me so it took a while to realize it. Incense is a kind of tree resin, isn´t it? My first dermatologist prescribed several all-natural lotions and cremes for me way back when, all of which I reacted badly to but none so horribly as the incense one. These days I use simple, dirt cheap, Petrolatum and things are easier.
    :) No need to apologize for dad jokes!

Skin is looking somewhat better again. Of course as soon as I start washing my hand 2-3 times an hour it´ll look quite different but as long as every morning is a bit better than the previous I´m happy.

Trusylver likes this.
  9. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I was a lazy LaMa today. Or actually, I was a seriously overwhelmed LaMa by the time I got to work and when I was done I was so done I didn´t have the energy to go to therapy. Or in fact (I really am being unclear here, sorry, but my brain is fried) I made myself go to my therapy place, I paid the fee, went to sit down to wait for my appointment and the... dunno what it´s called, background-noise-to-make-sure-you-don´t-here-what´s-being-said-inside-the-offices grated on my nerves so much I left and messaged my therapist to reschedule for next week. It´s ok, I guess. It just wasn´t the right day today. Short weekend with two big-for-me activities, two days of bad allergy trouble and adapting to our new documentation system (we´re finally computerizing and not everything is going smoothly) was just a bit much, I guess.

O and a client stressed me out yesterday: he´s part of one of my water groups and last week I saw him coughing up and spitting out into the water filter. Now I know the filter... filters things but it´s still pretty gross. He already gets a good bit of side-eye from the other group members, to the point I have to moderate and defend him against one of two of the other folks in our group so after our session I went over to him. While the others were too far away to hear, by the way, I didn´t want to embarrass him OR give the others more reason to gossip and be nasty. I told him to please refrain from spitting into the filter or (I probably shouldn´t have mentioned it at the same time but it was another thing that had been bugging me for a while and I hadn´t known how to bring it up) poke in his ears. Because even if it isn´t/weren´t a hygiene problem it looks pretty bad.
    I thought I´d been neutral and clear but yesterday he came in all agitated and insisted on talking to me. He wanted to know if anyone had been complaining about him. (I told him no, I´d told him the things I did because I wanted to avoid unpleasantness.) He said the others couldn´t stand him anyway so it didn´t matter and at (a spa not too far from Vienna) he´d seen everyone spitting into the pool and not even the filter either. A man these days has to apologize for being a man! (At that part he got up and really got up in my face, spit-on-cheeks-level closeness.) He´d just make sure to be very, very quiet while spitting in the future! So I got up, told him: no, I wanted him to either refrain from spitting or leave the pool and go to the toilet to do so. And I left.
    I tell you: this group has way too much drama for my liking. I used to wish for the chief agitator to stop attending but right now I just want Sputum Dude to find another hobby. Seriously! I spent so much energy keeping the others off his back and the moment I raise a valid concern he blows up? No thanks.

10. cate

cate Senior

Oh, LaMa- you poor thing! I really feel sick when I see someone spit. Recently a visitor to the golf club turned around & spat not far from me & I was so shocked I couldn't find any words to say anything at the time. I told a couple of his teammates, who we are friends with, later on, & they said his personal habits are awful & most of them won't share a room with him when they go away. Ugh! Drama is awful too. Silly bloody man! Grrr.
    :grouphug:

LaMaria likes this.
  11. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

Sounds like a rough day, hopefully, tomorrow will be better.

LaMaria likes this.
  12. Emilyrose

Emilyrose Well-Known Member

Yeah, people spitting on the street annoys me so much. Is there really a need for this? The only time I feel the urge to spit is during a road race and I still don't do it, because it's rotten.

Hope everything settles down again (skin, work, all of it). Don't avoid therapy though, it's a tool to help you deal with the other stuff!

LaMaria likes this.
  13. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Good job being assertive with this jerk! How immature! "Sputum dude" cracked me up, though ...:rotflmao:

LaMaria likes this.
  14. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I can understand not being able to swallow down your slime when it´s thicker due to sickness (in which case you have no business coming to this particular group), when you´re breathing heavily in dry air (which is where the road race comes in, I think) or when you don´t drink enough in general (in which case... you should consider drinking more). In every other case I can think of it´s just a filthy habit.
    Thanks for the support, all of you.

Having potatoes and pumpkin for breakfast (also onions, pinto beans and a ton of spices). Skin is looking a bit better again this morning and if I can make it through today without ruining it it´ll have four days to heal. Because tomorrow St. Anna gets miraculously pregnant while her ancient husband is away on travels and the country gets the day off because of it. Also it´s exactly nine months before my birthday, which is not a thing I want to be reminded of :rolleyes:

15. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Hmmm ... sounds like St. Anna kept herself occupied while the hubby was away ...

You always have the most interesting sounding dishes!

16. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

:p I think the miracle was convincing Joachim nothing had happened.
    You can use "weird", I don´t mind :D I never learned to cook in any traditional way, shape, or form so I just throw together stuff I feel like eating, have in the house and think will work together. To be fair: it usually does. But it makes people roll their eyes a bit sometimes.

17. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Case in point: I really want something sweet and the sweetest thing I have lying around is fig mustard. O, and I have puff pastry in the fridge that needs eating... So in half an hour or so I will have fig-mustard-swirls. Hey, it may be awesome!

18. cate

cate Senior

Fig mustard swirls? Sound OK to me :D

LaMaria likes this.
  19. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

They turned out realllllly good :eek: I, of course, ate the lot over the course of the day but to make up for it I had a light salad for dinner. I don´t think I´ve binged once in the past 8 weeks! Having broccoli-noodle-soup for breakfast (I don´t have to mention that there´s beans and hemp seeds in there, do I? I´m sure everyone knows by now). Good stuff and easy to make. Will be going shopping with D after.

cate likes this.
  20. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

https://imgur.com/a/aFGIQ
    [​IMG]
    This is what I did this afternoon... If I can get the link to work. Can´t I use Imgur links here? If it doesn´t work: I made D´s plaster cast today and the picture shows both our casts next to each other. They´re so different! I look so ridiculous! It´s authentically amazing and I want to do this with the kids over the holidays.

This morning D and I went shopping and were identified as a couple for the umpteenth time. Funny that: as soon as I´m not 100% interested in/excited about a store a friend needs to visit (or, in this case, when I´m on my phone because I need to shoot my nephew a message about his Christmas present) we become a couple and I´m the "boyfriend" who doesn´t like shopping.
    Speaking of: I bought two pairs of jeans! They make the long-legged jeans again! I was so excited about not having to try a million badly-fitting models in order to find a successor for the kind I´ve been buying for the past couple of years. So I wrote something about it in our family Whatsapp group and it turned out my mom and all my sisters have been shopping this week, all because they urgently needed some non-holey jeans to look decent for the holidays. None of us like shopping very much, if you can´t tell... My BILs do, by the way, and sometimes even go shopping together when we refuse.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017 at 10:26 AM
  21. cate

cate Senior

How does it feel having a plaster cast done on your face LaMa? I don't think I would like that.
    Yay for being able to buy the jeans you love! I loathe shopping, especially for clothes & even more so for shoes. G hates it too. That's funny that your Mum & your sisters all hate shopping, while your BIL's don't. So many people assume women love shopping.

LaMaria likes this.