1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lift, Train, Fitness

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by Trusylver, Jul 14, 2015.

1. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

[​IMG]

Today's effort, a pillowcase, painted from scratch. Next one will have the 3 legendary bird pokemon on it :D While I am waiting for the paints I need to do some of the more girly pokemon.

got the car seat moved to my car today

Emilyrose likes this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I didn´t know you were so creative; that looks great!

4. cate

cate Senior

That looks really good Tru!
    Yay to moving the car seat to your car. You will really start to feel more like things are back to normal when you're driving yourself around again.

5. Trusylver

drove son into the gym last night for his MMA while waiting I sat on the lat raise machine, without thinking, pumped out a set, then realised that firstly i didn't have clearance yet and secondly it was the full stack 70 kg (154 lb) lol just goes to show why i don't use machines if I can pump a full machine stack for a weak muscle (Lateral Deltoid) and no training for 10 months without thinking.

6. cate

cate Senior

Tru- you are a machine, but PLEASE be careful & stay away from the gym until you have clearance. I got what you meant though about the machines :) Not many people could do what you can though.

7. Trusylver

it wasn't planned to do anything, was just sitting in an empty gym relaxing before sons training, this is why my GP would not even let me coach during the pregnancy, it is too easy to lift before thinking.

cate likes this.
  8. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

On the up side: you may have lost muscle mass during pregnancy but there´s still quite a bit left :) I can understand why you miss training though: there´s nothing quite like weight training for feeling your body. At least for me.

Trusylver and elizab3th like this.
  9. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Cool pillow. And you are a beast for pumping out the whole stack! Can't wait til you are training again. Your workouts will be a huge inspiration for me!

10. Emilyrose

Emilyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your lovely baby girl. My friend recently had a baby by C-section also, and she found not being able to drive for the 6 weeks afterwards a bit of a drag as well. They told her not to even lift the baby seat, so please be careful with your body and don't do any heavy weights until you need to! Your recovery is the most important thing. You just had an operation.

elizab3th likes this.
  11. Trusylver

had an injection into my elbow on Monday, Physiotherapist appointment is this arvo. have organised to meet up with the gym owner next week to keep her cardio on track lol and to slowly get back to real exercise once i get clearance next Friday.

bub has finally fallen asleep in my arms as i type this with 1 finger in the dark with only the screen light, now to see if i can move her to the cot and go back to bed.:sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

LaMaria likes this.
  12. cate

cate Senior

That's a sweet picture you just conjured up Tru. Hope you got back to sleep xo

13. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Get some rest while you can!

14. Trusylver

it is 2:30 am so as good a time as any to report in lol

had physio appointment, he was optimistic that the tears in all of my tendons will heal eventually and agreed that the pregnancy hormones made the problem worse causing the tears to grow despite no lifting and lots of rest, those hormones will continue to be a problem for possibly months. Looking at 10 months + for actual healing if it happens. When I get clearance to lift again my exercise selection will be heavily modified to take the elbow out of consideration. Damn having tendons too weak to handle my muscle strength but at least they are still attached to the bone still lol. I hate cardio but will make an effort to do more of it lol.

bub is finally asleep, so time for me to eat something and get back to bed.

15. Emilyrose

Emilyrose Well-Known Member

I hope the cardio will suffice until you're all healed up. Hope you're managing to get enough sleep Tru.

16. cate

cate Senior

Life is full of adjustments Tru & I'm sure you will find a way forward. I'm very glad the tendons are still attached! EEK!

17. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Tendons are weird things. They need loading to heal but just the right amount - not too much, not too little - and their turnover rate is slowww. Best of luck with them.

18. Jenniquest

Jenniquest Active Member

Thank goodness they are still attached! Still, it's a bummer. Hopefully, you'll find ways to work around it, though. Might just be trial and error for a while.

19. Trusylver

Treadmill , 40 min Incline 6, 3 km, 300 calories (adjusted down to account for inaccuracies)

20. cate

cate Senior

Great going Tru :D You may learn to love cardio ;)

21. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Looks like a good start. How did your abdomen feel afterwards?