1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Losing pregnancy belly!

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Indymom8753, Dec 6, 2017.

1. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

I've had some success in overall weight loss over the past 16 weeks. I have dropped form size 20W to 16M. However, as the overall body shrinks, the belly seems to have stayed the same and is now a prominent bulge! LOL! Is there any single exercise I can do to flatten all this belly, or is it something people usually have to have surgery for?

Thanks!!

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

there is no way to spot reduce fat from any part of the body, however post pregnancy after having clearance to return to exercise it is good to work the transverse abdominis as this is the muscle which hold everything flat. http://www.exrx.net/Muscles/TransverseAbdominis.html

exercise for transverse abdominis - http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/TransverseAbdominus/AbdominalVacuum.html

after pregnancy diastasis recti can be a problem and may need surgery.

personally i have not been cleared to return to training, hopefully next week as my bub is now 6 weeks

4. Indymom8753

Indymom8753 New Member

Which I had knowledge and motivation back then! Post-pregnancy workouts is 20 years too late! Hahaha! I think I will have to have surgery. I'll keep doing what I'm doing to see if I can reduce it a little.

Good Luck with returning. Hope you and baby are sleeping ok!

5. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

I wasn't so great back then either after my boys, my eldest son is 22 this time i am more organised

Indymom8753 likes this.