1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Meal prep for 1374 calories

Discussion in 'Nutrition' started by Dreamy_shutter, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dreamy_shutter

Dreamy_shutter New Member

Hi ladies and gentlemen

29 male, 15 stone

I am desperately trying to lose weight. I have used a calorie calculator and it is saying I need to eat 1374 calories a day to lose weight witch is fine how ever if I aim to meal prep for the whole week. I'm stuck on how much chicken I use and veg and rice or eat item of food I use. if I am to weigh it out not sure how many grams of eat item I need to use it's really confusing and I am not sure what to search for? Could anyone give me some advice please [​IMG]

Kind regards

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. aloe

aloe Active Member

Hi Dreamy_shutt! Wishing you much success. I looked on the internet and found this: "A whole 3 to 4-pound chicken will feed 4 to 6 people." So if you are cooking just for yourself, that would feed you for about 5 days. Probably a 5 pound roaster would work for the whole week. From this site:https://www.thespruce.com/calculate-amount-of-chicken-or-turkey-to-buy-3057789

For rice, a serving of 1/4 cup raw is 171 calories, that would be about the same as 45 grams. You can find that information at this site: http://www.calorieking.com/foods/calories-in-rice-long-grain-brown-rice-raw_f-ZmlkPTY0Njky.html. So for the week, you would cook up seven times that much. You can search for vegetables or anything else at that site.

A chicken breast is 142 calories. Add in the 171 for the rice, and 31 for 1 cup (or 100 grams) raw chopped broccoli and you would have a meal of 344 calories.

Hope that helps some.

4. Dreamy_shutter

Dreamy_shutter New Member

Hello aloe

Thank you very much for your help :)