1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My journey (:

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by dusktilldawn, Sep 9, 2017.

1. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Starting weight: 264 pounds [ 120 KG ]
    Current weight : 185 pounds [ 84 KG ]
    Height : 5'6 [ 172 CM ]
    Goal : 141 pounds [ 64 KG ]

I am currently going on a low carb diet where I don't consume food that has wheat included in it, fried / fast food & any unhealthy snacks and beverages including alcohol.

I try to do HIT or Cardio workout at home - 4 times a week.

I might join a gym soon, I am not certain.

I just wanted to have a place to share my thoughts etc and progress so yeah heh, enjoy keeping up if you wish. ;)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

Welcome to the forum dusktilldawn & congratulations on 36 kg lost already!

4. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Hi Dusktilldawn and welcome to the diaries :) You´ve obviously been doing extremely well already, congratulations! Can I ask when you started? Are you in school/college or working full-time? Best of luck with the last 1/3 or so of your journey :)
    LaMa

5. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Thank you Cate!

I started last year or so, been on and off the diet, but this time I am doing this with a different mindset, I don't plan to screw it up!

I am starting college next year, I hope I'll start it while I am 141 pounds haha. Thank you!

6. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Should be doable in that time and while you´re at it you can learn a whole bunch of quick, healthy meals to help you keep the weight off while in college. Which can be hard for the unprepared.

7. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

I hope so! And yeah, I prepare my own meals unlike before, to be aware of everything that goes through my food, it helps keeping up with the calories etc. But if I ever go to a restaurant I usually order grilled meal with no wheat included in it. I know I can do it even if I am living on my own^_^ I just can't wait till I reach the weight I desire, it can be frustrating to wait pff, but nothing comes easy.

Breakfast: 1 cup of green tea with handful of almonds at the side.

Lunch: I've made a salad that included bell peppers; red and yellow + onions, cucumbers and tomatoes then baked 1 sweet potato with few pieces of VEGAN hotdogs [ Tho I am not vegan but I still prefer those, because they're low with calories, not much fat included in them and they're really tasty ]

& I am about to do HIT workout in 30 minutes.

8. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Hello and welcome......

9. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Hello! Thank you :)

10. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Just ate few pieces of grape + dates for my dinner. I feel full. And I drank so much water today, it's surreal.

11. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

I have never tried dates. I see them all the time and just never bought any. Maybe I'm intimidated by them. Kinda look like raisins on steroids.
    I planted some grapes awhile back. Nothing special just the generic green ones and they absolutely exploded. Never thought i could ever get tired of grapes.
    Food looks good today :)

12. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Haha, I understand your concern, but dates really help me stay full throughout the day, so I'd recommend them if you find yourself fighting against hunger. Just take off the shell, beware of the seed and have fun eating three or four of these! They're sweet and fulfilling.

Rebel lee likes this.
  13. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

I woke up rushing to the scale, weighing myself obviously!

Result: 182 Pounds [ 83 KG ]

That made me excited. Now I started my days eating few almonds, drinking loads of water, still haven't decided what to have for lunch THOUGH.

14. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

I'm sure you'll come up with something delicious and healthy. Please be careful not to eat too little or you'll have real trouble keeping the weight off once you reach your goal. Still: well done!

15. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

I starved myself in the past it never was pleasing, I'd never do this again!

I ended up making ALMOST the same meal as yesterday, the sweet potatoes, vegan hotdogs,

But I changed the salad;

Cucumbers +Za'atar & Arugula, pomegranate. Crazy mix, but I am optimistic.

16. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Most of my food tends to go that way :)

17. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

It usually ends up with a surprising delicious results, right? Mine did for sure.

I worked out for about 30 minutes, it was intense workout so I think it's enough & I am now eating an apple for my dinner.

18. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Most of the times it's amazing though very unorthodox.

19. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

What is your current total calorie intake, and how much protein are you eating, from what you have posted so far, it looks like you a firstly not getting enough protein (way under what you need) and under eating total calories.

LaMaria and cate like this.
  20. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Well I am not a big meat eater so I don't really know [ I don't mind eating meat but I don't always desire it ] I try to use substitutes though as such as green veggies & almonds, my calories intake , I really never calculate them, but this time I'll for you;

Right now I am eating 2 servings of lentil soup, I think it's about 280 calories, I've eaten few almonds so today I've consumed about 300 calories, it's still not enough of course, I am planning to eat fruits + vegetables later on the day.

21. Trusylver

Trusylver Super Moderator

meat is not needed but without meat you need to be more selective in the other foods you eat

at your current weight you need a minimum of 84 grams of protein for good health and to maintain lean muscle (you want to loose fat not muscle)

100 grams of lentils contain 9 grams of protein
    100 grams of almonds contain 21 grams of protein (a handful of 21 almonds has 163 calories and 6 grams of protein)

so you have had around 15 out of your 84 grams for today

protein needs will increase with exercise, and can be fine tuned if bodyfat % is known

LaMaria and dusktilldawn like this.