1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My journey (:

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by dusktilldawn, Sep 9, 2017.

1. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Well, I never thought it's important, thank you, I'll be adjusting my diet starting tomorrow. I appreciate your input on this, I def don't want to lose muscle instead of fat :)

LaMaria, cate and Rebel lee like this.
  2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Ate 1 banana, 1 chicken breast [ grilled ] with bell pepper and onions on the side,

Wasn't in the mood to do cardio so I dropped it after 20 minutes. :(

4. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

I was a bit dizzy today, so I decided to eat more, i included mango + grapes and now im drinking loads of water :)

5. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Yea if you dont eat enough your body will let you know.

6. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

Im going to chime in on what Tru said in a past post. I looked at the food you have been posting and there doesn't seem to be alot of protein there. Your food looks very veganish. Mostly fruits and veggies. I'm not bashing vegans or vegetarians but I come from a long line of carnivores so it tends to read that way.
    If your trying to stay away from meat there are many other options. Things like eggs, nuts, beans, milk, cheese, and tofu. Also you can also get some breads with added protein. I think your keeping your calories pretty low so another option is to pick up a whey protein drink mix from a nutrution store. If you go that route just tell them you want a lower carb one. They have some designed for bodybuilders that is 1200 calories or more a glass. Don't get that one. The low carb one I use is 135 calories and I think about 4 carbs.
    Anyway, if you decide you want more protein in your diet there are options :)

dusktilldawn and LaMaria like this.
  7. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Also seitan and tempeh. Although seitan is wheat gluten, so if you´re not eaten wheat for that reason you might want to avoid it. If you´re avoiding wheat for the carbs then it might be interested to know that seitan can be 80% protein :eek:

Rebel lee and dusktilldawn like this.
  8. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Thank you guys so much. I am trying to consume meat, once I feel like I can't do that anymore I'll start getting the replacements you guys mentioned. I really appreciate this, I was dealing wrongly with my diet haha :)

But on the brighter note, I weighted myself today and I am at 180 pounds / 82 kilos. So here's something to celebrate!

I am currently grilling a chicken breast and eating half a potato at the side with loads of veggies, so here's that :)

Rebel lee likes this.
  9. LaMaria

LaMaria Senior

Yay, real food! Sustainability is so important.

10. cate

cate Senior

I was never really aware of the importance of protein at every meal. We never stop learning :)

11. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

Haha, that's true and I am glad I know that now.

cate likes this.
  12. Rebel lee

Rebel lee Senior

I think a lot of women in general don't really think about protein. Protein has somehow been just thought about that men need protein for larger muscles. Some how most women dont think of protein being important for them. Women tend to think that they need to lose weight so they have to cut calories or even eat almost nothing to lose weight. I'm not speaking about all women but those that know nothing about how our bodies work. A lot of men fall into the same category. By upping your protein your not going to get ripped like a female body builder. That takes a lot of calories and a lot of time in the gym. What protein will do for the average person is helps keep you full longer and it also helps with burning calories and kicking up your metabolism.
    The Best Reasons For Women To Eat More Protein
    1. Protein keeps women lean
    2. Time for high protein breakfasts
    3. Protein keeps you full
    4. You burn more calories with protein
    5. It promotes healthy bones
    6. Prevents signs of aging
    7. Protein lowers the impact of stress
    8. Protein gives you healthy skin
    9. Protein gives you healthy hair

dusktilldawn and cate like this.
  13. dusktilldawn

dusktilldawn New Member

I'm so glad to know all of that. I am daring to even include milk into my diet now in my breakfast. I'll consume a good amount of protein on daily basis now.

Though I know workout daily instead of 4 days a week, I am still filled with energy so it's no problem.

Trusylver and cate like this.