One part of being the best that I can be

I'm a little late to the party on round-ups for the new year. Not to say that keeping a diary on here has ever been far from my mind... ;)

I started 2017 weighing 10 stone 12 pounds - the fattest I had ever been. I was stressed with juggling University, full-time work, placements and finding a house all at the same time.

I finished 2017 weighing 9 stone 9 1/2 pounds, a homeowner, and achieved a distinction on my University course :)

I learned some valuable lessons on the way. I still find it hard maintaining a healthy lifestyle when work/life starts taking up a lot of my head space, which is the main reason I've been AWOL for the last 2 months. Luckily it wasn't a disaster. I'm 3 pounds heavier than I was at lightest, but I have put an inch on my waist. Goes to show how important getting diet and exercise right are as the scales don't show everything.

I'm much more on track with where I want to be with things, but there is still plenty room for improvement. I want to feel happy and healthy in ALL aspects of my life as I know weight is only one factor. One of my problems as been that I have the 'busy' sickness. Whenever I can't make time friends/family/hobbies it gets me down, so I've thought of ways that I can make myself happy that would only take a few minutes each day.

New Years Resolutions:
- Read before bed every weekday
- Start a proper skin care routine and stick to it
- Write a blog post at least once a week
- Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle when things get stressful

Already kind of broken number 3. I did start this post a couple of days ago, but I ran out of time. Busy sickness again. Oh well!

January goals:
- Stay dry
- Lose the extra inch around my waist
- Get into a proper routine at my new gym

Happy New Year to everyone :D (if you're not already sick of hearing it!!)

cate

Never gives up
Hi, DA101. I'm not sick of hearing Happy New Year yet :D I haven't had any alcohol this year either. How long has it been for you?
I finished 2017 weighing 9 stone 9 1/2 pounds, a homeowner, and achieved a distinction on my University course :)
What an excellent year! Re: the inch on your waist. Doesn't that make so much difference? I had only just said to G "I wonder how people with really big, fat stomachs must feel?" I know that mine feels horrible. Anywhere else on your body, is nowhere near as uncomfortable. We'll do it. This is the year!

Hi, DA101. I'm not sick of hearing Happy New Year yet :D I haven't had any alcohol this year either. How long has it been for you?

What an excellent year! Re: the inch on your waist. Doesn't that make so much difference? I had only just said to G "I wonder how people with really big, fat stomachs must feel?" I know that mine feels horrible. Anywhere else on your body, is nowhere near as uncomfortable. We'll do it. This is the year!
It really does make all the difference! I suppose belly fat is a good indicator about on how healthy a diet is, so helps on that.

Well I totally fail on this diary. Going dry did teach me a decent amount of stuff about my habits though. Whenever I'm a bit slow or sluggish my normal reaction would have to blamed the fact I had a drink a day or two beforehand (while tutting myself for drinking!) Turns out that's just normal behaviour! I also would blame my rather questionable diet on the fact that I'd pour myself a glass of wine and go, "Oh well, may as well have a bag of crisps." Turns out I do that without alcohol as well!

Overall I found that it showed how much I needed to make my lifestyle work for me. At the moment I am far too tired and busy to have the motivation to be as healthy as I want to be. That's down to the fact that I am at a new job in a new city and I haven't made a routine that's comfortable for me. I need to change my gym as this current one isn't working. Trying to get to a class at 19:30 every night was far too optimistic and I often found even when I did go I was shattered before the end of it because I hadn't eaten dinner.

On a more positive note, I did lose a couple of pounds this month. I'll take that at least!