1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One part of being the best that I can be

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Diary' started by DietAccountability101, Jan 8, 2018.

1. DietAccountability101

DietAccountability101 Active Member

I'm a little late to the party on round-ups for the new year. Not to say that keeping a diary on here has ever been far from my mind... ;)

I started 2017 weighing 10 stone 12 pounds - the fattest I had ever been. I was stressed with juggling University, full-time work, placements and finding a house all at the same time.

I finished 2017 weighing 9 stone 9 1/2 pounds, a homeowner, and achieved a distinction on my University course :)

I learned some valuable lessons on the way. I still find it hard maintaining a healthy lifestyle when work/life starts taking up a lot of my head space, which is the main reason I've been AWOL for the last 2 months. Luckily it wasn't a disaster. I'm 3 pounds heavier than I was at lightest, but I have put an inch on my waist. Goes to show how important getting diet and exercise right are as the scales don't show everything.

I'm much more on track with where I want to be with things, but there is still plenty room for improvement. I want to feel happy and healthy in ALL aspects of my life as I know weight is only one factor. One of my problems as been that I have the 'busy' sickness. Whenever I can't make time friends/family/hobbies it gets me down, so I've thought of ways that I can make myself happy that would only take a few minutes each day.

New Years Resolutions:
    - Read before bed every weekday
    - Start a proper skin care routine and stick to it
    - Write a blog post at least once a week
    - Learn how to maintain a healthy lifestyle when things get stressful

Already kind of broken number 3. I did start this post a couple of days ago, but I ran out of time. Busy sickness again. Oh well!

January goals:
    - Stay dry
    - Lose the extra inch around my waist
    - Get into a proper routine at my new gym

Happy New Year to everyone :D (if you're not already sick of hearing it!!)

2. Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide all adverts.
  3. cate

cate Senior

Hi, DA101. I'm not sick of hearing Happy New Year yet :D I haven't had any alcohol this year either. How long has it been for you?
    What an excellent year! Re: the inch on your waist. Doesn't that make so much difference? I had only just said to G "I wonder how people with really big, fat stomachs must feel?" I know that mine feels horrible. Anywhere else on your body, is nowhere near as uncomfortable. We'll do it. This is the year!